Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Powdered caffeine in DIY eye cream?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone tried it? I would like to but have no idea how much to use, and am concerned that using too much would be unsafe...any thoughts?
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
haven't tried it, but 1% concentration is usually a safe way to start with new actives. Just keep building up from there. Just think, if you can down an espresso or a machiatto, how bad can this get?
MarkeyGoW
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:31 pm      Reply with quote
Bunny7475 wrote:
Anyone tried it? I would like to but have no idea how much to use, and am concerned that using too much would be unsafe...any thoughts?

Hi Bunny!

Around the eye area I would keep it at
a maximum of 1%. Other areas you can
certainly start at 1% and work your way up.

Have fun!
Markey Smile
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:55 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone know what is the best way to dissolve it? I would like to mix it with the eye gel or eye cream that I am currently using, so I need to know if it would mix well.

Thanks.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:47 pm      Reply with quote
If distilled water doesn't work, try a few drops of vegetable glycerin. I find it is usually better to pre-dissolve a powder before lobbing it into a cream - this averts lumpy gritty creams.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Forgot to say, if you are pre-dissolving a physically miniscule amount of caffeine powder, it makes sense to add the cream to the dissolved caffeine, rather than the other way round i.e. plop the cream over the dissolved caffeine and then mix. That way you don't have to waste time scraping up every last bit of that .1% or 1% of the caffeine to plop into the cream.
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
Nyonyakay,

Thank you very much.

Do you think that liquid Beta Glucans may work instead of distilled water?
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have the Oat BGs and don't know its component ingredients - you can try and tell me what happens!
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:37 pm      Reply with quote
nyonyakay wrote:
I don't have the Oat BGs and don't know its component ingredients - you can try and tell me what happens!

I will try it and report the results.
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:50 am      Reply with quote
I bought some eye cream last summer with caffeine in it. Don't remember the name other than it started with "Neo" something. It was over-priced but was an ok eye cream.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
I think most of the eye creams that have come out in the last year or so have caffeine in them.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |