Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Salicylic Acid Question
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the 2% BHA 4% AHA solution from I Feel Pretty Products for a few weeks now, and was wondering if anyone else had experienced MORE blackheads than before? I don't know if I'm hallucinating! It does seem like you can really smell the alcohol in the solution so maybe it's just too drying for my skin? I'm so tired of experimenting - I just want my skin to be happy! Sad
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:56 pm      Reply with quote
Is it possible that you are purging? It's not stuff I have much experience of I'm afraid but I have heard of people getting breakouts as deep blemishes are brought to the surface bu exfoliation.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:08 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Is it possible that you are purging? It's not stuff I have much experience of I'm afraid but I have heard of people getting breakouts as deep blemishes are brought to the surface bu exfoliation.

When I was younger and very acne prone. I would purge as well when I would use salicylic. So, I tend to agree with guapagirl.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, makeupfiend...

It is definitely possible that you are purging. Another possibility is that some other product that you are using is clogging your pores.

There is actually very little alcohol in the 2% BHA/4% AHA product - and the alcohol that I use is a very mild form & not terribly drying, even when used in larger amounts.

However, everyone is different, and their skin will react differently to products. But I can definitely tell you that there is nothing in the BHA/AHA product that should cause blackheads.

Please feel free to PM me or email me if you have any questions about the products - or ask here - I'll try to check the post!
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm. Haven't ever had that happen. Do you think that the BHA/AHA is removing so much discolored/old skin that you are just able to see the blackheads more clearly now? (Since your skin in general is clearer and probably more even-toned looking...so they tend to stand out?)

I have found - for me - BHA is more effective for regular daily use and AHA light peels for once/twice a month. Daily AHA makes my skin look mottled in areas. I think my sunscreen gets rubbed off and those areas where the AHA is/was used tend to get hyperpigmented more easily. So I quit the every other day/night use and now just do a 40% peel once a month.
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to everyone for their input...it's so nice to hear other peoples' experiences/suggestions. I guess I really could still be within the purging stage now that I think about it - it's been just over 2 weeks that I've used it consistently every day. I do think I'd rule out it being a reaction to another product I'm using, as I haven't changed any other facet of my routine, just added this in.
It'd be really nice if it WAS actually purging and a happy skin improvement was on the horizon! I guess I'll stick with it and see what happens. Thanks again everyone!
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to mention that I really don't recommend using the IFP BHA/AHA products on a daily basis. I recommend using them every other day or alternating every other day with plain BHA.

Some people are able to tolerate AHAs on a daily basis & even find that they 'need' them. Most people can't tolerate them on a daily basis and/or find they only need them every other day.

I use the IFP AHA/AHA product every other day or every 2 days and still have the same results - so I usually go with the every 2 days and the product lasts longer and I never have dryness or flaking. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using SA on my face for months....(like 9) and I have noticed a lot of blackheads on my nose...way more than usual. I have also noticed that the pores on my cheeks (around my nose) are getting bigger. I just thought it was because my skin was in such bad shape. Hummmm.... Maybe I'll stop for a bit.

I do rotate btw BP and SA and I do not notice blackheads or large pores with BP. BP stops working after about a week and it dosent work at all on my cystic acne so its only when my face is really broken out....
makeupfiend
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Olivia! My pores TOTALLY look cleaner when I use BP but like you said, it only seems to work for a week or two and then stuff is popping up like crazy again. SA seems to keep my skin more consistently clear but I do also still get cystic acne from time to time and I have yet to find a surface treatment to really help with that. I bought Kim's healing serum in hopes that it might help when I get the occasional cysts, but I don't really have anything to experiment on at the moment. I do think I'll scale back a little on the SA treatments like Kim suggested and see what happens. I wish skin was more low maintenance! It should just cover our little bodies like creamy smooth frosting and not look like a volcanic lava pit! Mad
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |