Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Concealor rec. for dry skin with fine lines...
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
surfer
5% products discount

Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I've tried on BB today and while I love the coverage and the color isn't bad I certainly don't love how it's emphasizing every tiny little line and wrinkle!

The MA suggested tapping it out when it creases. Well, that happens about every 2 minutes, so it's not a satisfying option. Confused

Does anyone have success with a concealor that doesn't settle into the lines? My skin is quite yellow toned and normal to dry. The BB colors used were Light Bisque Corrector (very dark circles here) and Sand Concealor with powder. I think the concealor color is a little bit too light for me, I don't wear any foundation or tinted moisturizer.

Looking forward to the suggestions. Thanks!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:25 pm      Reply with quote
Good question. Don't have an answer but am interested in the responses to your question.

I gave up on concealers because I felt they emphasized my crow's feet.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have fine lines and am dry. The only one I like under my eyes is Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer. For other areas I like IQ Beauty.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have the same problem too! I hate it when my concealor sets into the fine lines under my eyes, but I just can't be without my concealor either as I have dark circles. So far, I haven't found a concealor that doesn't set into my fine lines and I'm starting to give up the idea of finding one. However, I find that moisturizing your undereye area well before applying concealor helps. I also avoid dusting it with any powder and it tends to accentuate the lines even more. Oh, on another thread, I remember steffers recommending Nars concealor. She said it worked really well on her. And if I remember correctly she suggested not applying concealor too close to your eyes as it emphasizes the lines more. Hope that helps.

P.S. I'm currently using Cle de Peau concealor. After I run out of this, I'm definitely gonna try Nars, but it's gonna be a long way still as it seems to last FOREVER!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Amazing has a really good concealer in a tube that has a yellow tone and it is creamy, waterproof and doesn't settle. Revlon colorstay wand is also very good for drier skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:27 am      Reply with quote
I've never had luck with concealers is this dept. i've tried so many, and none of them work--they all flake and settle into fine lines. what i've found that works best is a highlighter-type brush pen--i currently adore by terry's light-extreme, but estee lauder's highlighter works well, too. i use these products under the eyes without creasing or flaking, but be warned, they do not provide full coverage.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
surfer, have you tried Dr. Hauschka's concealer stick? It's like a lipstick instead of a powder and has a lot of great ingredients like almond oil, avocado oil, shea butter -- Best of all, EDS sells this, here's the link...

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/dr-hauschka-concealer-p_5428.htm

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
surfer
5% products discount

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
I have fine lines and am dry. The only one I like under my eyes is Make Up For Ever Lift Concealer. For other areas I like IQ Beauty.

I'm not familiar with this brand - is it sold in stores? I like the idea of "lift" since the BB MA told me that I needed a little pink toned corrector first to lift the tone of the dark circle, and then a skin toned shade to blend into my skin.

Thanks for the help.
surfer
5% products discount

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Good question. Don't have an answer but am interested in the responses to your question.

I gave up on concealers because I felt they emphasized my crow's feet.

Have you had success using anything else to detract from dark circles? I'm trying a Jane Iredale powder right now, very lightly, after a lot of moisturizer. It's better than the BB as far as not emphasizing the lines, but the 'brightening' effect isn't nearly the same.
mountaingirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
For years I've been using Estee Lauders Smoothing Creme Concealer and been very satisfied with it. It doesn't settle into creases, however for the first time in all the years I've used it, I notice that I need to apply more by late afternoon Sad ...this may have more to do with my skin, than the product.
surfer
5% products discount

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for all the help, guys! I haven't been able to get a good color match in Revlon before, the shades weren't warm enough for my skin. Nars looks interesting, I will look into that one for sure.

The highlighter pens I've tried before, and while they brighten there is almost zero coverage for me. Maybe I could try a pink toned highlighter pen underneath a moisturizing concealor.... and definitely skip the powder! I'm starting to get some ideas, thanks! Idea
cedar
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I love Prescriptives Flawless Skin with SPF 25.
It conceals and brightens.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:18 am      Reply with quote
surfer wrote:
yogi wrote:

I'm not familiar with this brand - is it sold in stores? I like the idea of "lift" since the BB MA told me that I needed a little pink toned corrector first to lift the tone of the dark circle, and then a skin toned shade to blend into my skin.

Thanks for the help.

I bought Make Up Forever at Sephora, IQ is here

http://www.iqbeauty.com/woman.html
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:53 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Amazing has a really good concealer in a tube that has a yellow tone and it is creamy, waterproof and doesn't settle. Revlon colorstay wand is also very good for drier skin.

Are you referring to Amazing Cosmetics? I checked out the color options here on EDS and they all look beigy or pinky to me. I've heard really good things about their concealor, but I'm yellow-undertoned so I opted out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:56 am      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
I've never had luck with concealers is this dept. i've tried so many, and none of them work--they all flake and settle into fine lines. what i've found that works best is a highlighter-type brush pen--i currently adore by terry's light-extreme, but estee lauder's highlighter works well, too. i use these products under the eyes without creasing or flaking, but be warned, they do not provide full coverage.

--avalange

I've tried YSL Touche Eclat before but no luck at all for dark circles Sad I'll check out Estee Lauder one. Thanks!

Lynn

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:58 am      Reply with quote
surfer wrote:
Thanks for all the help, guys! I haven't been able to get a good color match in Revlon before, the shades weren't warm enough for my skin. Nars looks interesting, I will look into that one for sure.

The highlighter pens I've tried before, and while they brighten there is almost zero coverage for me. Maybe I could try a pink toned highlighter pen underneath a moisturizing concealor.... and definitely skip the powder! I'm starting to get some ideas, thanks! Idea

When I use MMU loose concealor (EM concealor in Sunlight), I dust it off with EM concealor in Pick Me Up Pink as it's a tad bit too bright sunny yellow for my skin tone.

Lynn

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Andaman_Gypsy-Yes, the Amazing Cosmetics concealor in a tube. It's an anti-puffer, antioxidant concealer, and a little goes a loooonnnngggggg way. I use Golden Fair (which I know looks pink in the pic), and it has more golden tones than pink.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:43 am      Reply with quote
hhm...I guess when applying concealer, don't put it onto the line right beneath your lower eyelid...that seems to help somewhat. It seems that whatever concealer I tried, it emphasizes that line underneath the eyelid. No matter if I use expensive or cheap concealers haha ...if anyone knows of any concealer that doesn't settle into that "line" right beneath the eyelid, let me know then Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:49 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
Andaman_Gypsy-Yes, the Amazing Cosmetics concealor in a tube. It's an anti-puffer, antioxidant concealer, and a little goes a loooonnnngggggg way. I use Golden Fair (which I know looks pink in the pic), and it has more golden tones than pink.

I might give it a try. It's not exactly cheap, so I'm a bit hesitant ordering it online without trying it first. It's so hard trying to find the right shade as they all look dark on the screen. What's your skintone in MAC? I'm about NC25.

Lynn

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
I tried a sample of the Amazing concealer first at Ulta. They sent me home with a little container to try on a freshly washed face. I wore it around for a day or so in the hot, humid Texas sun,then I ordered it from EDS online.
I haven't used the MAC in so long, I can't remember the color. I do remember I bought it from Nordstroms, hated it as it was waaayyyy to pinkish, cakey and unblendible by the end of the day, and ended up taking it back (and my dear sis-in-law is a MAC exec)! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I tried a sample of the Amazing concealer first at Ulta. They sent me home with a little container to try on a freshly washed face. I wore it around for a day or so in the hot, humid Texas sun,then I ordered it from EDS online.
I haven't used the MAC in so long, I can't remember the color. I do remember I bought it from Nordstroms, hated it as it was waaayyyy to pinkish, cakey and unblendible by the end of the day, and ended up taking it back (and my dear sis-in-law is a MAC exec)! Laughing

Hmmm I live in Thailand so I won't be able to try out the colors Sad I have light to medium skintone and I'm clueless which color to go for. I wonder if EDS would send a little sample with my purchase.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the JI concealer pen yesterday. I love this product! Here the link to it on EDS:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/jane-iredale-active-light-p_6873.htm

I could not believe how well this works! It contains to talc, so it doesn't settle into my wrinkes, and it even appears to reduce my wrinkles under my eyes. It blended so well. I was surprised at the color that I needed. If you are interested in this, I recommend seeing if you can test drive it locally before ordering, just to make sure you have a good color match for your undereye area. I have dark circles and color #4 is what I need.
CrazyForClooney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I have dry under eyes and fine lines and Jane Iredale Circle Delete is moisturizing for me (avocado oil is one of the ingredients) and doesn't leave a dry, cracked mess! I pat it in with my finger to warm it up. Recently I added the Jane Iredale Active Light Illuminator on top for extra coverage and I like this combo (again pat on with finger to warm up and spread).

Active Light for me looks best over concealer and not alone. Also, since I started putting on my concealer over my foundation and not under, it looks and glides on better. Hope that helps some!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
I have terrible black undereye circles. I have tried various MMU concealers. In general, I have found them to crease much less than normal concealers, but the coverage and staying power wasn't as good. By lunchtime, they had pretty much gone.

At the moment I'm using Estee Lauder doublewear concealer, and this is the best thing for staying power. I top it off with a powder to set it, and it does crease into the main line under my lower eyelid, but I gently rub off the canyon of concealer (just with my pinkie) and that seems to be enough and wears fairly well for the rest of the day.
surfer
5% products discount

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
I just bought the JI concealer pen yesterday.

This looks perfect! I will go by EDS and try it on. Generally I prefer natural, mineral makeup but I didn't even know this existed. Thanks! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |