Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Pillows or pillowcase...do they work?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:09 pm      Reply with quote
I have been waking up a couple of times a week with wrinkles that I don't actually have any other time and its only when I sleep on my side or stomach. Do you think either using silk pillowcases or special pillows could help? Does anyone have any experiences with these products? Also does switching pillowcases every couple of days help prevent acne? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi I have used a silk pillow and it is softer on the skin because your skin glides on it. I also like that it stays cool-feeling. I would recommend you give one a try. They are not very expensive.

As for changing pillowcases every few days...perhaps in another life Embarassed !!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Changing your pillowcase frequently DEFINITELY helps with acne. I keep a pile of clean pillowcases on the bookcase by my bed. It's simple. And wise.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
Joani.sp,
Do you find that the silk helps prevent skin from looking smooshed and possible prevent wrinkles etc?

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
Oh also, I tried looking for the link about specialy shaped pillows because I remember reading about it once and wanted to follow up but couldn't find the link. Anyone else know what I am talking about and did it work? Thanks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I did wake up with a "less smushed" face and unfortunately, I sleep on my stomach. I have tried to change but I just can't do it, so the pillowcase does help. I have to say that I do have oily skin, so it does "bounce back" pretty quickly, but after sleeping on the silk, I definitely have less of those "sleep creases".

As for those special shaped pillows, I used one of them also (with the memory foam), but didn't like it. Perhaps I had the wrong shape or it was not the correct size. A regular pillow with a silk cover would be good to begin with.

I am sooo impressed Sidda (and a bit shamed!) that you are so good about changing your pillowcases!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:21 am      Reply with quote
There is a special pillow you can buy. I saw it advertised on TV. It's called Save My Face. Apparently, it's designed to support your head so that your face isn't in contact with the pillow. I haven't tried it myself, so can't give an opinion, but if you google it there's plenty of info.
gigiab6
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the responses. I am definitely going to look into both silk pillowcases and the special pillow. I will probably try the pillowcases first and see if that is enough.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
After switching to the silk pillowcases, I think my face doesn't get "smooshed" so much. I sleep on my side using one of the memory foam pillows that support my neck. As a side benefit, my hair also isn't so messy when I wake up since I guess it slides on the silk.
Ch79
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:52 pm      Reply with quote
I keep meaning to try silk pillowcases, but have yet to get around to it.

If you do a search here, though, I'm pretty certain there was a thread a while back with some excellent information, with arguments on the sides of satin or silk pillowcases, plus links to a cheap place to buy the pillowcases.

On a different note - I can't believe no one has mentioned the title typo yet! It gave me the shivers the first time I read it. SKIN pillowcase. Horrible mental image, lol!

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Haha I didn't even notice it...it's amazing what the brain and the eyes will come up with when you have context. My apologies to all for the mental image and I swear that I can actually spell...most of the time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've looked around for these pillowcases but I can only find cotton ones. I went to Walmart, Target, and HomeGoods. Where did you guys find your silk/satin pillowcases?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I have seen them in Garnet Hill and Cuddledown but they are in a lot of department stores likes JCPenney's and Macy's. HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
I've looked around for these pillowcases but I can only find cotton ones. I went to Walmart, Target, and HomeGoods. Where did you guys find your silk/satin pillowcases?

I think you should be go to China Town in some store will sale silk/satin pillowcases!
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reminder! I have silk pillowcases in the but I haven't used them in a while. I also have silk sheets, but I found that the combo of the two made me slip and slide all night. I'll try the pillow cases tonight with a regular sheet. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
The "Save My Face" pillow helps.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:
Changing your pillowcase frequently DEFINITELY helps with acne. I keep a pile of clean pillowcases on the bookcase by my bed. It's simple. And wise.

I definitely agree with you! Sometimes I do drool on my pillow, YUCK!! Very Happy
donnababe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:34 am      Reply with quote
The Save My Face pillow has been talked about on the YTF board for about 3-4 years, most reports are good.
Barbara Portno
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I was told that 600 thread pillow cases are best for preventing wrinkles. I just purchased 1000 count/pair on ebay for 9.95 plus shipping. They are very very soft.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
Here are some silk pillowcase links:

http://www.sitincomfort.com/dreamsleeppr.html

http://www.feelingpampered.com/bedding.html
(This looks like a nice site and has very inexpensive silk cases!)

http://www.comforthouse.com/silksheets.html

http://www.dreamsoftbedware.com/emsichpica.html

http://www.softsurroundings.com/detail.php?parentid=10043&aid=bzrt&cm_mmc=BEDDING%20&%20BATH-_-Datafeed-_-Silk%20Pillowcase
(They have nice comfy stuff)

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Donnababe - what's a YTF board?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
I used one last night and was amazed when I woke up. Usually my hair is like a birds nest, this monring I just ran a brush over it and it looks good.
I'm sold.
Very Happy
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
How funny....

I was thinking about this the other day Shock

I sleep on my face too, and try to make myself sleep on my back but, usually wake up on my face.

I might try silk pillowcases too. What about Satin? Same thing ?
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
Mine is satin. I think silk can be rougher material.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 28, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
why do you think silk can be rougher material?
i just think silk will be more smooth
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:30 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |