Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

dremu disappointment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
avalange
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:26 am      Reply with quote
hi,

i decided to give dremu a fair trial, and after having used many other emu oils from various manufacturers, i would say that this one, for me at least, was the least effective. compound that with "the most expensive" and "the fastest-disappearing product I've ever used," and that amounts to quite a disappointment.

my first bottle was only 2/3 full (I exchanged it), and whereas the second was a little more than 5/8 full, I decided just to use it and not complain. i've used it very little--maybe 3-4 times per week i would add a couple of drops into my moisturizer or oil/HA mix (I prefer rose oils), and within a month, it's beyond their annoying "refill line," meaning, practically empty. I'd never dreamed that I spent almost $40 on something that yielded a few isolated applications and a couple of drops here and there. I used it a couple of times to treat irritated skin, and it did nothing, and in one case, actually exacerbated some redness and turned it into little bumps. I really wanted to love it and join in all the hg proclamations, but all in all, dremu's not for me!

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Of the others you've used, which is your favorite??
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Nothing on god's earth would make me fork out for dremu. I adore emu oil and buy it by the quart but I am realistic about what it can and cannot do. I am concerned that you experienced worsening irritation whilst using it. Makes me wonder if you got a contaminated batch.

still, look on the bright side, fewer emus are going to be sacrificed to beauty in your name Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I just bought and received it from EDS a few days ago. I've only used it once, but didn't find it as miraculous as some EDS members do. I had to layer on loads of different serums (Yon-Ka, Jurlique) before applying it. I think it might be moisturing enough for the summer so I'm gonna keep it for that. It does come in a very small bottle though.

avalange,

What's your preferred emu oil? I'd like to buy it in a large quantity to use on my body, but I don't know where to purchase good quality emu oil at decent price online. Any recommendations?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
I get mine from lbprocessors.com

The ultra emu oil is pretty much what most think is repackaged as dremu. I love the stuff but all the crap that dremu put out is really misleading.

It does push actives into the skin, but if you are using a load of moisturisers etc under it, it's a waste. You get best results using over one or two actives max (for me vit c and agireline serum in the morning and ystheal/copper peptides in the evening).

Applying to slightly damp skin or with hyaluronic acid is good too. I mix the emu ha in the morning but just apply emu on it's own at night. summer time I may put a layer of HA over the top as well. It's all down to trial and error!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

The ultra emu oil is pretty much what most think is repackaged as dremu. I love the stuff but all the crap that dremu put out is really misleading.

It does push actives into the skin, but if you are using a load of moisturisers etc under it, it's a waste. You get best results using over one or two actives max (for me vit c and agireline serum in the morning and ystheal/copper peptides in the evening).

Applying to slightly damp skin or with hyaluronic acid is good too. I mix the emu ha in the morning but just apply emu on it's own at night. summer time I may put a layer of HA over the top as well. It's all down to trial and error!

I'll have to check out the website you recommended. I'm not so concerned about using it as a pusher, but rather a simple moisturizer. I dabbed it on my eczema breakout as it was bleeding and hurting, but it didn't seem to help. Anyway, I'm definitely gonna try dremu with HA this summer. I so wanna try HA too as people here keep raving about it so much. Thank guapa. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:

Guapagirl,
Do you use it directly after the C to push it in, or do you wait???
TIA!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't had much luck with Emu oil. I haven't tried Dremu, but after buying two different emu oil, I just don't think it's for me either.
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 3:14 pm      Reply with quote
I was planning on buying the Dremu Oil with my next order, but after your post I'm going to think again. Maybe I'll try some of the cheaper alternatives.
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:05 pm      Reply with quote
It's weird, because I also just got a jar of dremu, and when it came it did not seem close to being full. But I thought I must be crazy! Which I may well be, but not about the not full bottle!
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:37 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
Nothing on god's earth would make me fork out for dremu.

WORD!! lol

emu oil is an integral part of my (and my goddess-in-training's) skin care.
wouldn't be without it.

my recs:
ultra - a bit creamier
clear - very nice cosmetically esp. for daytime under makeup
my current favorite is skin bio's emu. find this the most healing of all (dunno if it's psychological).
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:42 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
It's weird, because I also just got a jar of dremu, and when it came it did not seem close to being full. But I thought I must be crazy! Which I may well be, but not about the not full bottle!

I just got mine from EDS a few days ago and it seemed pretty full (of course, not all the way to the very top) to me. I'm still on the fence about it. I'm not sure if it's doing much in treating my eczema patches.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
bubbleoffplumb wrote:
guapagirl wrote:
Nothing on god's earth would make me fork out for dremu.

WORD!! lol

emu oil is an integral part of my (and my goddess-in-training's) skin care.
wouldn't be without it.

my recs:
ultra - a bit creamier
clear - very nice cosmetically esp. for daytime under makeup
my current favorite is skin bio's emu. find this the most healing of all (dunno if it's psychological).

I'm looking for an emu oil to use as a body moisturizer. Any recommendations? Clear one seems really good, but also very expensive to use daily. I've been thinking about solid/cream one. Any thoughts on that? TIA

Lynn

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:48 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
guapagirl wrote:

Guapagirl,
Do you use it directly after the C to push it in, or do you wait???
TIA!

No, I wait for at least 5 mins and try to wait 30 mins but the reality is I am too pushed usually, even if I apply the vit C and then have breakfast and clean my teeth, it still is only on for a maximum of 10 mins!

I have to say it seems to be like marmite, ya love it or hate it. I cannot imagine being without my ultra emu, but I really didn't like the clear triple refined stuff. I haven't tried skinbio's but a good cheap source for smaller quantities is purpleemu.com. It's a bit more expensive than LB processors regular emu, but for over seas buyers it is a lot easier to buy!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I wouldn't buy a super expensive emu oil for the body. You might want to try a lotion made with emu from: www.laidinmt.com www.longviewfarms.com
or elsewhere. I have Laid in Montana's Sensitive Skin Cream (for face) and like it.

Dremu makes a lotion as well called Cashmere. Thewww.dremu.com site is still carrying combination deals for a limited time.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:06 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, Guapa.
bubbleoffplumb
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
not cosmetically elegant, but you could try something like this:
http://lbemuoil.com/solid.htm
sorta emu butter.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I wouldn't buy a super expensive emu oil for the body. You might want to try a lotion made with emu from: www.laidinmt.com www.longviewfarms.com
or elsewhere. I have Laid in Montana's Sensitive Skin Cream (for face) and like it.

Dremu makes a lotion as well called Cashmere. Thewww.dremu.com site is still carrying combination deals for a limited time.

Thanks. I'll check out your recommendations. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
bubbleoffplumb wrote:
sorta emu butter.

That's the one I've been thinking about buying. I checked out the website after guapa's recommendation and saw it as the cheapeast option. I wonder if it works just as well. I emailed them, but haven't heard back from them.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:17 am      Reply with quote
bubbleoffplumb wrote:
sorta emu butter.

I was wondering if I could mix something like this with cocoa butter to make my scrubby bars with. I'd replace the shea butter I normally use.

Habe you used this yourself BoP?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:41 am      Reply with quote
nope, i have not used this myself.
i have used some butters - avocado, olive, and mango.

I'm curious as to the consistency of the emu.
maybe they can supply a sample?

if it's similar in texture to avo butter - That would be fabulous.
I would probably use it straight but, it's nice to have the option to mix up your own special potions.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
I use emu ultra as a body lotion but it's so flipping expensive that I now mix it 50/50 with HA especially since guapaboy has taken to slathering himself in it as well!

I think I may get the solid when I next order and have a play around!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
hi everyone,

i don't have a fave emu dealer, i always have purchased off of ebay from whatever seemed to be the most legit ebayer at the time... but i have to say that with one exception, i've had better success with ebay emu than dremu as far as moisturizing capability, cosmetic elegance, effectivity, quality, and value go. i'll order from jb next, i suppose--many people here like the ultra and i always like to have some emu around... this time, i really felt like i didn't even have real emu oil in the bottle... felt more like watered down crisco.

--avalange

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
hi everyone,

i don't have a fave emu dealer, i always have purchased off of ebay from whatever seemed to be the most legit ebayer at the time... but i have to say that with one exception, i've had better success with ebay emu than dremu as far as moisturizing capability, cosmetic elegance, effectivity, quality, and value go. i'll order from jb next, i suppose--many people here like the ultra and i always like to have some emu around... this time, i really felt like i didn't even have real emu oil in the bottle... felt more like watered down crisco.

--avalange

Avalange, since you said you swapped this with someone, is it possible the person added something to the bottle?
FaithTruth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
I also recently stopped using Dremu and switched to the Clarins skin treatment oils. For some reason, while emu still calms my skin, it doesn't hydrate/sink in enough for me anymore. Also I've bought 3 bottle from EDS, and every bottle had a different look/consistency - really irritates me given how much we pay for this stuff. Also the oil gets stuck in the dropper alot.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:33 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |