Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Anyone seen the movie '300'?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
I saw 300 yesterday. It is such a beautiful movie, unlike anything I've seen before, and even better-looking than Sin City, the other adaption of Frank Miller's graphic novel. I know there is a lot of gore and violence in it but the almost comic and video-game feel to it serve to detach the audience, and I didn't feel offended at all. The one thing I have to say is hello!!! Hotness-overload!!!! The amount of Spartan eye candy is sure to please women and gay men alike...with their well-oiled bulging pecs in all their glory, only wearing hot leather and a red cloak. These Spartans really are lean mean killing machines. So ladies, even if you're not into action movies, those hot Spartans make this very well-worth seeing. Now I have to come back down to reality as I have to run for lunch with my mouse-clicking-computer-staring SO...oh how I wished he wielded a sword. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I want to see this so bad. I can't because I had a chemical peel but I am DYING to see this movie. It's playing at the Imax and I think it would be amazing!!
I hope it's still playing by the time my skin has healed. I MUST see this.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I saw 300 yesterday, thought it was good. Loved it that all of the Spartans were half naked with their 6 packs showing. I loved the gorey and decapitation bit. I'm more of an action pack kinda girl. For me, it was like Gladiator combine with Lord of the Rings (I loved both of these movies). There were funny parts too. Just to see hot looking guys who kick's ass.... Very Happy And the Queen, she doesn't take crap and proves that Spartan women aren't to be messed with.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
Me and DH saw this yesterday. It was pretty good. Smile
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend really wants to see this, we just havent had a chance yet. Glad to hear it's a good flick! I think Gerard Butler is in it-- he's so attractive. And Scottish. Gotta love the accent.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Yup Gerard Butler is King Leonidas, the guy in the picture above. He is the most ripped of all the Spartans in the movie...ahoy pecs a-glowing!! I shouldn't say more as I don't want to spoil the movie for those who have not seen it.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
My boyfriend and I saw this on Saturday ... LOVED it! He really wanted to see it and I was impartial ... I didn't think I would really like it. But it was AWESOME! I loved the visuals (yes, the 6-packs were great Laughing) ... but the visuals in general were really well done. And I loved the story. I was so emotional at the end, it brought me to tears! But then again, I can get emotional watching just about any movie. Smile

I'm DEFINITELY glad I saw this one in the theatre.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
I want to see this...le sigh!

I'm stupid though. I get too critical of these types of movies (my degree is in Classical Archaeology)...for accuracy reasons.

I'm curious to see how close it is...though I do realize the aim of the movie is to keep to the graphic novel.

Many don't realize that the war at Thermopylae actually wasn't just 300 Spartans vs. Xerxes and his million Persians. It started out with 7,000 Greek soldiers from the Greek City states. It lasted three days. The final battle on the last day had the 300 Spartans and 1,000 men from Thesbia.

OH GAWD THERE I GO AGAIN. Can't I just be happy with hot boys in leather undies??????

You should have seen me with Troy (Brad Pitt) and Gladiator.
Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall Brick wall

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:14 pm      Reply with quote
Paris, I know what you mean! My degrees are in History (emphasis - Ancient) and Anthropology, and I studied under an exceptionally good Ancient Greek History professor. The movie, naturally - this being Hollywood and all, does have some inaccuracies, but for the most part, it is historically accurate.

I love that they included so many of the famous Spartan sayings/laconic comments! When Leonides leaves for battle, his wife tells him to "come back with [his] shield or on it," which was what Spartan mothers said to their sons before sending them off to battle. Basically it means to come back victorious from battle holding your shield (it was considered an extremely cowardly act to throw off your shield - because they were heavy, it always meant that the soldier was running away from battle and tossed away his shield to lighten his load), or "on it" meaning being brought back from battle on your shield - dead. Also, when one of the Persian emissaries comes to meet with the Spartans, he tries to scare them by saying that the Persians would fire arrows so numerous as to blot out the sun. One of the soliders says "Then we will fight you in the shade." That arrow shower is an archaeological fact as a large number of Persian arrowheads were found in the area where the final onslaught was thought to take place.

This is one of my favorite actors in the film (sorry for the crappy picture). He plays Captain's son - he's just so darned cute! (I have a thing for guys with longish black hair!)

Ladies, you should be glad that one of the historical inaccuraces is with the Spartan battle uniforms or else you wouldn't be able to see so much muscular eye candy! In addition to his shield, spear, close-combat sword, shin armor and helmet with face plates, a Spartan hoplite ususally wore a breastplate, which covered his chest and torso. Thankfully in the movie they decided to leave their breastplates home in Sparta!
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Just saw it and I liked it a lot. Eye candy galore. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:34 pm      Reply with quote
I've been reading about and anticipating this film for months and can't wait to see it! I was SO disappointed when the NYT panned it (why am I not surprised?) so I'm encouraged by your review dollbird!!! I've always wanted to see Gerard Butler in Attila (my sister drools when she talks about it) but I miss it every time it's on TV.

I loved your mini history lesson MermaidGirl -- thank you!!!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Paris, I know what you mean! My degrees are in History (emphasis - Ancient) and Anthropology, and I studied under an exceptionally good Ancient Greek History professor. The movie, naturally - this being Hollywood and all, does have some inaccuracies, but for the most part, it is historically accurate.

I love that they included so many of the famous Spartan sayings/laconic comments! When Leonides leaves for battle, his wife tells him to "come back with [his] shield or on it," which was what Spartan mothers said to their sons before sending them off to battle. Basically it means to come back victorious from battle holding your shield (it was considered an extremely cowardly act to throw off your shield - because they were heavy, it always meant that the soldier was running away from battle and tossed away his shield to lighten his load), or "on it" meaning being brought back from battle on your shield - dead. Also, when one of the Persian emissaries comes to meet with the Spartans, he tries to scare them by saying that the Persians would fire arrows so numerous as to blot out the sun. One of the soliders says "Then we will fight you in the shade." That arrow shower is an archaeological fact as a large number of Persian arrowheads were found in the area where the final onslaught was thought to take place.

This is one of my favorite actors in the film (sorry for the crappy picture). He plays Captain's son - he's just so darned cute! (I have a thing for guys with longish black hair!)

Ladies, you should be glad that one of the historical inaccuraces is with the Spartan battle uniforms or else you wouldn't be able to see so much muscular eye candy! In addition to his shield, spear, close-combat sword, shin armor and helmet with face plates, a Spartan hoplite ususally wore a breastplate, which covered his chest and torso. Thankfully in the movie they decided to leave their breastplates home in Sparta!

I've never seen the movie or even heard of it, but the pic of that cute muscly guy sure as hell makes me wanna see it! Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:51 pm      Reply with quote
I was going to catch the movie at a matineé yesterday, but it was pouring rain, so I stayed home.

Gerard Butler is one of the finest, underrated actors out there! There was a great interview with him last week on The Hour. I was nearly on sensory over-loaded, as George Stroumboulopoulos is cute, and Gerry Butler is dashingly handsome! (fanning self) You can see the entire interview at the following link:

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1415
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:15 am      Reply with quote
my bf wants to see this movie. We're planning to go see it at IMAX.
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this with DH & friends yesterday. It's an excellent movie on all counts, but a bit too gory for me. Still, I'm glad I saw it.

I saw at least 2 little kids in the theater. I'm talking 7 to 8 years old. What the H*** were their parents thinking?!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
Jeannine wrote:
I saw at least 2 little kids in the theater. I'm talking 7 to 8 years old. What the H*** were their parents thinking?!

Seriously! There is WAY too much nudity (both male and female), sexual content, and violence for anyone underage to see it. But little kids? I can't believe a movie theater actually sold them tickets for kids.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
Jeannine wrote:

Seriously! There is WAY too much nudity (both male and female), sexual content, and violence for anyone underage to see it. But little kids? I can't believe a movie theater actually sold them tickets for kids.

For real.. I saw a bunch of kids at the theater I went to.
m.april
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm no kid, and this film is sounding better and better Laughing
skim
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
m.april wrote:

hehe! Personally, I had a lot of fun with it. I would see it again on DVD. I might buy the DVD just to pause and admire Gerard Butler. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
Oh am I buying the DVD! I will be buying the HD version, so I can see those gleaming 6-packs up close!
world~of~mirth
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Okay now I REALLY want to see it. After all the not so great reviews (by real critics not everyday people), I was also getting kind of weary of shelling out money to go see it. Now I just got to wait for my husband to get here. Only two more weeks!
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Caspers Mum wrote:
I was going to catch the movie at a matineé yesterday, but it was pouring rain, so I stayed home.

Gerard Butler is one of the finest, underrated actors out there! There was a great interview with him last week on The Hour. I was nearly on sensory over-loaded, as George Stroumboulopoulos is cute, and Gerry Butler is dashingly handsome! (fanning self) You can see the entire interview at the following link:

http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/video.php?id=1415

Wow! Thanks for that link. 300 is getting pretty good buzz from my LJ friends and I loved 'Sin City' (have 3 of the graphic novels and the Extended cut of the film) and will pick up 300. Lucky for me I know bink all about history so I just go with the story right in front of me. I remember seeing Butler in Dracula 2000 and thinking he was a nice looking guy but got to like him when he was in Reign of Fire with Christian Bale. I haven't seen the movie yet as I hate movie theatres because of the sound.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:40 am      Reply with quote
I heard this was REALLY good so I'm really tempted to see it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:19 am      Reply with quote
skim wrote:
m.april wrote:

hehe! Personally, I had a lot of fun with it. I would see it again on DVD. I might buy the DVD just to pause and admire Gerard Butler. Wink

I think you are reading my mind!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:03 am      Reply with quote
I wanted to see it on Sat and the ticket was sold out for the whole evening and the one that had seats were like 11 PM...

I hope I can watch it this weekend.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |