Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Botox....Awesome
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
belledivine67
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:54 am      Reply with quote
I submitted to the Botox needles yesterday at 2:00. For 385.00 my doctor injected my horizontal forehead lines and some crows feet. The pain was just minimal and the only side effect that I experienced was a mild tingling sensation during the evening hours.

I cannot believe the results. Absolutely awesome. Botox puts every other "product" to shame. It is SO WORTH IT......especially considering the hundred's of dollars that I spend on products each year, which merely improve my skin texture (and not the wrinkle).

I have already budgeted for 4 trips, although my doctor thinks that I will probably only need 2-3 per year.

If you have thought about it before, my advice is JUST DO IT!!!
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:36 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad you had positive results. I love it and it always makes my eyes look so "refreshed". My hubby has had it done for his "11's" once and he loved it but he has very powerful muscles there and it doesn't last long enough for him. Going to do it again is not as much a priority for him as it is for me! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I have a question on botox. I heard from a someone that if you keep getting botox on a regular basis, your facial muscles will be so weak that you will eventually need a face lift. Has anyone else heard this??
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Never heard that one, so I asked several docs I knew and they had never heard that one either. Now it will retrain the muscle as you aren't using it to frown, etc. and it will relax the muscle. Let you know in a few years though, for sure! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
We've got ourselves another one!!!! YEAH!!
I do love "the Botox". I consider my injections maintenance, just like getting my hair cut & colored!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
I have heard it. Along with other internet rumors (read nonsense) that thermage will cause gaping pits and holes and aloe vera will turn you into the incredible hulk.

Botox isn't that strong. Unless you have an incompetent doctor, it reduces certain muscle contractions and spasms, it doesn't cause paralysis. The muscles do not suffer atrophy. And, just for the sake of accuracy, it isn't the muscle per se that is affected. BOTOX works to block the release of acetylcholine and, as a result, the muscle does not receive the message to contract from the respective nerves.

It's great stuff.
Rose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Belledivine67,

Congratulations. It is good to know that some people are very happy with the results. You have Botox on your crow’s feet. Some doctors hesitate to do it on crow’s feet on some people in fear that it would make the eye bag and under eye lines more obvious. They also said that you can not do Botox directly on the area under eyes otherwise you can not close the eyes, therefore areas surrounding the eyes are smoothed out, but not the under eye area making the under eye area look much worse. I bet you don’t have under eye problem, so it is not a concern to you.

Does anyone have any comments on that?

Thanks,

Rose
Rufus
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
It's great that so many people are happy with their Botox treatments but there is the chance that muscles treated can atrophy and I can see that if that effect is bad enough you could end up getting another type of treatment as a adjunct to the original Botox. Knowledge is something as patients you have a responsibility to obtain.
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
yes it is good, I have used it but it does not last more than a month! Confused Yes, I have tried different drs. ..all with the same results. I am using frownies now and that does help.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:29 am      Reply with quote
I would so love to be able to get this on my horizontal forehead lines and my 11's.

I think I'm going to start a Botox fund for myself.
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:52 am      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
yes it is good, I have used it but it does not last more than a month! Confused Yes, I have tried different drs. ..all with the same results. I am using frownies now and that does help.

I know exactly how you feel - my frown muscles are very strong and it's very difficult for me to get a good result. Such a bummer as I have horrid frown lines Sad . I'd love to know if the frownies help at all though!
lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:00 am      Reply with quote
they help a lot do a searchhere for frownies there is a thread.They are great 12 at walgreens.I am 52 and I look like I am in my 30 's when I wake up in the morning and first take them off! Laughing
nubajelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 am      Reply with quote
I guess I will see in like 10 years or so, when I foresee myself perhaps trying botox, or whatever better that comes along by then.

I actually have a friend in Japan that is in her 20's but gets botox in her cheek area that atrophies some of her facial muscles so that her cheeks are not so puffy (an asian plight). Her face got so much thinner when I saw her! Apparently this gets done often in japan and some other asian countries.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Oooo, I want Botox now. Does anyone know the recuperation time? If I went in on a Saturday, would there be any marks or bruises on my face when I return to the office on Monday? How long does the session take to get the injections? Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I get the injections and it will swell for about 30 min. (looks like a mosquito bite) and then it's gone. I don't get bruising or anything from the injections as the needle is so very tiny. It's a very quick appt., maybe 10 min. at the very most, for just the glabellar area (11's) and that includes check-in and out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm glad your botox appointment went swell! Smile
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Rufus wrote:
It's great that so many people are happy with their Botox treatments but there is the chance that muscles treated can atrophy and I can see that if that effect is bad enough you could end up getting another type of treatment as a adjunct to the original Botox. Knowledge is something as patients you have a responsibility to obtain.

Hiya rufus...

Do you know of any actual studies that have shown muscle atrophy??? I know there's anecdotal stuff on this, but I've never seen any science to back it up. If you have a reference handy, I'd really appreciate seeing it. If not, no worries...

TIA
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
MystyPines wrote:
Oooo, I want Botox now. Does anyone know the recuperation time? If I went in on a Saturday, would there be any marks or bruises on my face when I return to the office on Monday? How long does the session take to get the injections? Thanks!

I had my forehead, eyes and crows feet injected today. I walked next door ~back to work. No one at work could tell that I had even been anywhere or had anything done...well, except for my checkbook. Laughing

Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:49 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |