Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Confused about Omega oils.
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
angelina
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:26 pm      Reply with quote
I keep hearing that taking flax seed or supplements like Udo's oil are good for you. The standard serving is 1 tablespoon which equals 15g of fat! I know it's considered "good fat" but I'm trying to lose weight and 15grams is no small amt. Aren't we only supposed to consume 20 grams a day? Is this good fat any different from eating lard when it comes to how much of it stays in your body?
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
From what I understand, all oils are high in calories but it is what it breaks down to once you digest it that is important. Good quality cold pressed oils like flax seed are very high in Omega 3 which is long chain unsaturated fats, and has very little saturated and no trans fat. It is omega 3 that breaks down into DHA, ALA, and EPA (various essential and non essential fatty acids).

As when it comes to losing weight, it is not consuming "fat" that will hinder this process, but rather it is consuming refined carbohydrates that get broken down into sugars and are stored as fat.

"lard" is animal fat which is very high in saturated fat and when cooked turns into trans fat and contains less omega 3 than plant sources, so you are actually putting free radicals into your body.

There are many sources of omega 3, dairy fish eggs nuts etc, but most vary in quantity. I believe flax seed has the highest yield ratio of up to 80% - the rest being omega 6 and 9.
FrevaKZ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I've here a pamphlet which says that women's diets should not contain more than 30% fat- which is about 60 grams a day. Of course, if you want to lose weight, cutting back on that substantially may be the key, but we all need *some* fat to live off of.

There are so many good fat alternatives today that one needn't always look to fish oil or supplements. A diet of 2-3 servings of fish a week should significantly improve your good fat levels. Be adventurous and try sprinkling ground flax seed in smoothies, on peanut butter sandwiches, etc (it also helps things regarding toilet time). Here, there is orange juice available here fortified with omega oils as well. So you see there's many options of intake, and not all of them need be as fatty as the actual oil.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Angelina, I think you're supposed to consume 30 grams a day. For guys, they can consume more maybe like 45-60 grams if I remember correctly.

Anyway I take fish oil, and it's only 1 softgel a day.

http://www.vitacost.com/NSI-Mega-EFA-Omega-3-EPA-DHA

From the label, it's 2 g of fat for 2 softgels.

If you eat lard, that animal fat will stick to your veins and stomach, and it's not coming off easily. I think that's the last to come off when you are trying to lose weight.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:02 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |