Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

how do you protect on the way to the gym?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
preenie
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
How do you protect your skin from the sun on the way to the gym?
I use SS the rest of the time, but don't want to in the morning before gym as I think working out with SS on my face will cause a breakout. I'm using acids in the evening so I'm super paranoid of any rays getting near my skin. My present regime is a baseball cap with my collar zipped up to my nose. Fine for now, but not a good look for the summer Embarassed
Any thoughts?
Would Antioxidants help?
Should I actually be worried? It's usually about 7am, and I walk in the shade where possible!

Very Happy
Preenie

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I wear MMU. Even to the gym. (or rather in my case, yoga)
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I absolutely cannot wear any makeup on my face when I workout. I actually find it funny when the women in the locker room put ON makeup before heading out onto the floor, only to have their "face melt off" doing the stair climber. They look worse with makeup on than if they were to work out au natural.

I work out in the pm, so I wash my face before.
If I do go in the am...I don't worry about it. Whether its bad or not, I don't know. I go bare-faced and won't put anything on only to have to wash it off right before I workout.

I do put it on right after though (if I run errands).

I figure that my Vitamin D making time...walking to the car and back again to go to the gym. Laughing

ETA: Try an umbrella...folks carry those all the time down here in the desert on campus...that way you don't waste sunscreen but still get protection. Keep your car windows up, they have sun protection...pull out the umbrella (or as we respectable ladies like to say "parasol" haha...I'm not respectable..Laughing) to and from the car.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:37 pm      Reply with quote
I just rely on my Vitamin C serum, but my gym is about 5 mins away.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Do you run to the gym? Or power walk?? If you work out early in the am, and you don't want to put on sunscreen first, I hardly think it will make you a candidate for skin cancer.

If you're really worried but convinced that working out with sunscreen ON will cause you a problem, then put on sunscreen and wash your face when you get to the gym.

Either way, it doesn't seem like a major issue.
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
or you could try one of translucent powder suncreens (not as heavy as MMU) with the self-dispensing brush like colorscience and keep it in your gym bag. Or just get a bigger, wide brim hat.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
I usually don't put anything on my face when I'm off to the gym - only after my workout and I've washed my face then I start putting moisturizer etc. I find it too much of a hassle to put stuff on my face, head to the gym, wash off the stuff and then put on again after gym haha Razz

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
I usually take off Sunscreen when I get to the gym. It takes only a few minutes and your skin will not break out as a result of working out with a sunblock on.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:55 am      Reply with quote
My biggest worry is I have a couple of acne scars that I don't want to get darker from the sun, that's why I'm super paranoid. I've been putting a bit of MMU to cover them up anyway, so maybe i'll just carry on doing that, or maybe a bit of sunblock on the problem areas.
I just wanted to get reactions, to see if I really needed to worry so much.
I have thought of the parasol idea, I'm tempted to get one for my hol. Athough in London I feel I'd look a bit of a prat, especially in my gym clothes!!

Smile

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |