Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

A great idea for your extra travel/sample sized products
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Bunny7475
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I recently met a lady who volunteers at our local women & children's shelter and she told me they collect unopened "hotel" shampoo, conditioner, soap and lotion. Most of the women they are sheltering come with only the clothes on their backs and usually stay just a few days until they can make other arrangements, so the travel sizes are perfect and help keep the shelter's costs down. I have been creating a stockpile of hotel toiletries for years with every intention of using them but at this point I'd have to travel the world 3 times to use them all Laughing . So they are going to go on and been used by someone who really needs them instead of sitting under my sink. Just thought I'd pass that on as I know many of us are blessed with so much extra stuff. If you contact your local women's shelter I'm sure they can tell you if they collect these items also...
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting this. I am going to call and I am also going to ask for more toiletries (cause I used them up) everytime I travel, that way I have more to give.

5% products discount

Sat Mar 17, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
really? I have a few shampoos and conditioners from hotel, but never had a chance to use them.
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 5:35 pm      Reply with quote
I also have a lot of shampoos,conditioners,body lotion,shower caps,soap......more than 100+++ Laughing
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
We had a toiletries drive at school last year and collected almost three hundred little bottles and mini soaps. I think we're going to do it again next month. You might think about a work drive, too.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I went to Waveland Mississippi to help a couple of weeks after Hurricane Katrina. There were tons of travel size toiletries donated from the hotel chains. Everyone was taking the smaller items instead of the regular size ones we usually pick up at the store. This is a great idea and I'm glad someone mentioned it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like I should check and see if the local shelters in Singapore does the same thing Smile

5% products discount

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:01 am      Reply with quote
I added a "thank you" for this. What a marvelous idea! I've been donating clothes but never thought about toiletries!

Thanks so much for posting this. I've a huge collection I'll never get through, most is not designer so won't sell on ebay or garage sales, but I hate hate hate to throw things out. Thank you for showing me how to do something useful with these!

M

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:21 am      Reply with quote
i donate my old newspapers on a monthly basis to the charity group that comes to my place to make collection. old clothes and furniture mostly when near to CNY or at year end when we are doing spring cleaning.

it really never come across my mind that the group might need these sample size etc. will make a note so that i can check with the volunteers when they come again.

this is certainly more meaningful then just throwing it away.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |