Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Another Filler Report
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 17, 2007 9:37 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I bash fillers every oportunity I get and now I have ONE more reason to.

Added collegen to the list of failed fillers I've had......but with a twist.

I am having silicone put in my lips, and we needed to do an 'example' fill since silicone is permanent and we wanted to test out the 'look' first. So, we went with collegen. A whole vile of it. Cosmoplast (stronger then cosmoderm).
Funny, because I wanted something that would last the least longest so I don't have to wait too long until it empties out.
When the collegen first went in, my lips were swollen and looked wonderful, exactley as we are going to do them permanently. With ice, they went down in about 5 hours. Completely went down. It's been only 5 days, and my lips are just about how they were before having the collegen done. Except with a huge bruise and still tender.
For me, it doesnt matter because we only did it to see how it would look and how big I want them ect. But some people do collegen thinking it's going to be great. Well, it isn't and it aint cheap either.
If you're thinking of collegen injections in lips, dont waste your money....doesn't seem to take too well, and not much fuller than natural size anyhow Wink
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:45 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info in case I ever had the nerve to do it. Have you heard of new fillers that last 2 years for facial lines (not eyes I think) read about it in a magazine but could not remember much about it there were natural fillers that all I know. It was great to hear your report in a way to make people more aware though sorry it did not work for you.
thanks
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Lola Moroney wrote:
Thanks for the info in case I ever had the nerve to do it. Have you heard of new fillers that last 2 years for facial lines (not eyes I think) read about it in a magazine but could not remember much about it there were natural fillers that all I know. It was great to hear your report in a way to make people more aware though sorry it did not work for you.
thanks

the filler I think you are referring to is Sculptra. I'm looking into getting it injected into my cheeks...

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:38 am      Reply with quote
Sculpterer is longer lasting. Up to 2 years. My girlfriend gets it done in her cheeks. It's worth trying.

And it's ok Lola. In my case it's good that it wore off quick, because now I can go and have my silicone put in. It was just to see how my lips would look before I went permanent.

These natural substances, the body just breaks them down too quick. That's why they dont last, and in me, for some reason they break down sooner than in others.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
Sculpterer is longer lasting. Up to 2 years. My girlfriend gets it done in her cheeks. It's worth trying.

And it's ok Lola. In my case it's good that it wore off quick, because now I can go and have my silicone put in. It was just to see how my lips would look before I went permanent.

These natural substances, the body just breaks them down too quick. That's why they dont last, and in me, for some reason they break down sooner than in others.

Sandra, isn't silicone injection dangerous?
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:58 am      Reply with quote
No. This has been approved by the FDA, it's called silika. The big silicone scare did halt the use of silicone, but it's being used again.

I know this product is being used with success and I've seen it and it looks amazing.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |