Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
The magic of pure honey
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thought I'd pass this along. I've been putting raw honey on my face, as a mask, every night and am amazed at the results.

The natural hydrating and antioxidant properties of honey trap and seal the moisture, rejuvenate the skin, cleanse the complexion leaving it soft and supple. http://www.healthguidance.org/entry/1849/1/A-Sweet-Treat-With-Honey-For-The-Skin.html

Honey contains vitamins, minerals, and amino acids, and is a wonderful beauty aid that nourishes the skin and the hair. Honey acts as an antibacterial and antifungal agent and helps disinfect and speed the healing process in wounds, scrapes and burns. http://www.femhealth.com/BenefitsofHoney.html

Honey is a very good antioxidant which restores damaged skin and gives soft, young looks. http://www.healthvitaminsguide.com/natural-nutrients/honey.htm
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:16 pm      Reply with quote
I actually do the same thing from time to time: use honey as a mask. Low cost is definitely one of the many benefits as well. I found honey actually can sooth my skin down when it is slightly irritated.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
hi both, how do you deal with the stickiness when leave it on all night?
lotus003
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

I would like to know too.. Confused
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

Hi bkkgirl,
I try it once. It's very stickness and mess up my bed Sad
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
mumushop wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Hi bkkgirl,
I try it once. It's very stickness and mess up my bed Sad

Yeah, I put some honey on my shoulder b/c it was itchy. It was sticky and stuck to my pajamas. So I was just wondering how others apply honey and deal with the stickiness.
queenpedauque
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:16 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't posted in awhile but so glad to see the forum so active these days!
In my 30's I used honey to rev up tired skin. I did find it sticky if I mixed it with water but I had better luck when I mixed it with a cream.Now in my 40's I need a bit more help. I sometimes use a base of honey with royal jelly to perk up my skin.
Another thing that I found that it is wonderful for irritated skin and rashes.
It is wonderful stuff as you said moisturizing and antibacterial too.
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:22 am      Reply with quote
Quote:

I never leave it on all night as it is much too sticky. What I do is apply it and leave it for 10 to 20 minutes, then have a shower.

I've heard that if you mix it with your hair conditioner, apply and rinse, it will make your hair shiny and lustrous. I haven't tried this yet.
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
I currently take 1 tsp of organic Royal Jelly [mixed w/ honey] every morning but wondered if this could also be topically applied?

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:22 am      Reply with quote
I tried leaving the honey on all night last night. I dreamed I woke up with a saggy face! Shock Thank God it was just a dream. It felt so real though. I was really bummed.

In reality, my pillow got some honey on it. I think it moisturized my face a little but I did not notice anything special. I was just too glad my skin wasn't saggy!
Shawna
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:14 am      Reply with quote
Can any of you briefly mention what benefits you found by using honey? I am very curious...

Thanks! Smile
Nijey
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
Shawna wrote:
Can any of you briefly mention what benefits you found by using honey? I am very curious...

Thanks! Smile

I do a honey mask maybe 1-2x a week (more if I remember). I just smear the stuff on straight from the jar (maybe diluted with a bit of warm water to make it easier to spread around), and leave it on for 10-15 minutes (or as long as I have time) while I putter around in the morning. Then I rinse it off in the shower. I can't imagine wearing it all night--it's so sticky and uncomfortable and I'm sure I'd mess up my bedding and get hair stuck onto my face and many other bad things.

But as far as benefits go...I live in New England and use the honey mask to moisturize my combination (now very dry) skin. It really seems to penetrate and hydrate way better than any other moisturizer I've tried, without being heavy or occlusive like oils can be. It's also supposed to be antibacterial, so it's good for those girls like myself who suffer from breakouts AND dry, flaky skin. After I rinse off my honey mask, my skin feels sooo much smoother, softer and calmer and the little flakies and things are gone.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
What I notice is my skin feels softer, almost like it's been exfoliated. It also feels moisturized.

I don't recommend leaving it on all night though ;) - too messy.

One nice way of doing a mask is applying the honey and taking a bath. The steam from the bath will probably enhance the benefits of the honey.

I put some links up above (see first post) that describe different masks that can be made and different applications.
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
I never left honey on my face overnight. I usually do right after shower when my pores are open. I put a thick layer on my face while I am waiting i will put a layer of honey with a small amount of raw sugar to rub against my elbow or any rough spots. After 10minutes I will rinse them off and put regualr skin products. My skin does feel a lot softer after the treatment.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:27 pm      Reply with quote
Maybe I'll try mixing some of my manuka honey to my clay mask! I tried using it as a spot treatment, but it was just too sticky and messy! Rolling Eyes
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:58 pm      Reply with quote
What scares me about honey is the conversion to peroxide(mentioned in another thread... I had no idea this happened!), and the different types (there are some that have no effect at all depending on where you get it from so do your research). Who's got the placebo effect?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:25 am      Reply with quote
I actually did try this a few times with the Manuka honey I bought but didn't want to continue drinking. Didn't see much difference. Maybe shoudl be used for a longer period.
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
I have periodic episodes of dermatitis, an itchy rash that appears in patches on my legs and arms. The other day I applied honey (10 minutes before my shower) on a patch above the back of my knee and the itch went away almost immediately. The area calmed down and didn't itch for the rest of the day.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
What is manuka honey? Is it edible? How is that different from the honey you get from the market?
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I would like to know that too.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
What is manuka honey? Is it edible? How is that different from the honey you get from the market?

Manuka honey tastes nasty and bitter!! Manuka honey is known to be 20x stronger than tea tree.

Check this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20245&highlight=manuka+honey+umf Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
bkkgirl wrote:

Manuka honey tastes nasty and bitter!! Manuka honey is known to be 20x stronger than tea tree.

Check this thread:
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=20245&highlight=manuka+honey+umf Smile

Thanks, Lisey. Oh my, it seems the more I hang out on EDS, the more I want to buy either raw materials or finished products. What is happening to me?
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:57 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Thanks, Lisey. Oh my, it seems the more I hang out on EDS, the more I want to buy either raw materials or finished products. What is happening to me?

You tell me... I'm seriously hurting my bank!! Crying or Very sad
lesleyjane
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:41 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:

Manuka honey has immense healing properties when taken internally and applied to the skin.

Google-search or try these sites:
http://www.manukahoney.co.uk/

http://www.honeycouncil.ca/users/folder.asp?FolderID=4829
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:35 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |