Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Ack! Have cold feel poorly
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
I need some sympathy please....Throat feels like I've swallowed a razor blade, have headache and feel generally under the weather I HATE COLDS! Mad
I have sooooo much to do this week I can't possibly be ill - I don't have time!! Sad

OH involved in a new project so not being terribly sympathetic as he's busy - pah wait till he developes 'Man Flu' (cold) and then I'll get my own back. Bad Grin Why is it us girls have to soldier on regardless but the fellas get to take to their beds looking pathetic??

Anyway - off to have pity party now and try to work up the energy to go to work in the morning (dosed up on cold meds).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:08 pm      Reply with quote
Sweetie, I'm so sorry to hear you have the creeping crud. Suck on a teaspoon of honey for your throat. It helps a lot. Do it again before you go to sleep tonight and add a bit of whiskey. You should sleep like a baby. (Well, maybe not the whiskey if you're on cold meds.)

Just got over that about 3 weeks ago myself.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:12 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Ari - will try the honey thing - thanks!!
(I dunno at least if I pass out from the whisky and cold meds I won't notice my throat LOL!! Laughing )

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Aw, feel better, Lucia!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:21 pm      Reply with quote
If your throat is really really bad crush up a couple of soluble paracetamol and stir them into thick honey. hold a spoonful in your mouth til it starts to slip down your throat. The idea is to coat your soreness with paracetamol to ease the pain. Sounds mad but it does work!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
I need some sympathy please....Throat feels like I've swallowed a razor blade, have headache and feel generally under the weather I HATE COLDS! Mad
I have sooooo much to do this week I can't possibly be ill - I don't have time!! Sad

OH involved in a new project so not being terribly sympathetic as he's busy - pah wait till he developes 'Man Flu' (cold) and then I'll get my own back. Bad Grin Why is it us girls have to soldier on regardless but the fellas get to take to their beds looking pathetic??

Anyway - off to have pity party now and try to work up the energy to go to work in the morning (dosed up on cold meds).

I know how you feel. So sorry to hear you're sick. Please feel better soon. Drink lots of hot green tea with as much lemon juice and honey as you can stand. Try that many times a day and your throat should feel better soon.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
Drinking the cola do good to your cold! Maybe you should have a rest!
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
when my throat feels like that, the only thing that helps is gargling with hot salt water (and, yes, you do have to swallow them). i don't know why it takes away the pain, but it does.

after that, the honey is really soothing (especially with the whiskey -- well, maybe that's cause i can't take traditional cold medicine) and it's particularly nice warm. i know people are always pushing lemon and orange juice, but that tends to irritate the throat when you have a cold (and make the nose run more). mega-dosing on vitamin C *is* good, just not from fresh citrus.

feel better! sending healing strokes -- colds really do suck....
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing Lucia! I got a laugh out of your description of "Man Flu" (cold). Poor babies have it sooooooo much worse than us sturdy ones.
I'm really into prevention, so if you don't want to read my rave, please hit delete now!! :I found something called "EPICOR" this winter and have been sick ZERO days ever since.*fingers crossed, knocking on wood* You can Google it. I got the Healthy Origins brand. It has an interesting background story on the website as to how it was "discovered". Well worth the $30/month. Sure beats laying in bed sick and missing work....well maybe not. Hope you feel better quick! Hot bath, lots of clear liquids and sleep. fawnie

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 7:11 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia, I hope you recover fast and feel better. I am so miserable when I get a cold. Remember the usual stuff: gargle with mild saltwater, get enough to eat (non dairy and nonsugar, no alcohol!)drink liquids, get as much rest and deep sleep as you can.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:52 am      Reply with quote
Thanks everyone!
In work at the moment suffering a distinct lack of motivation - may see if they'll let me slope off early.(I have horses to sort out so had to get up anyhow and go and check them, give hay etc but reallllly wanted to stay in bed!LOL!)
Will try all your advice (including the prevention!). Razz

Thanks again guys!! I hate being ill I get really annoyed with myself and tend to try to keep going! Might book a day off to chill out though.
Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:35 am      Reply with quote
Sorry to hear you are not well. Nursing a sick college kid by phone right now myself who has this same thing but can't keep anything down now for 48 hours. He can still manage to convey how sick he feels thru the phoneline. I finally called 24 hr. care last night and they said popsicles are the best way, mixed with gingerale, to hydrate the throat and keep liquids in you. They said the ER's are full to the brim right now with this stuff.
Hope you feel better soon and get some rest.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:40 am      Reply with quote
hope you feel better soon, pump on your vit C
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hope you feel better soon Lucia! I swear by hot whisky with some sugar in to ward off the chills.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Feel better soon!

Lucy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:09 pm      Reply with quote
Aww thanks you lot. Smile
Had my mum on the phone telling me off and that I should take care of myself - feeling guilty though cos I have left the horses out in their field this evening instead of stabling them so I don't have to get up quite so early and muck out etc - but its really cold and windy out. Sad They're all rugged up and have plenty of hay but can't help feeling mean (though they looked happy enough when I left.)
Dearest Husband has come down with the dreaded lurgy now - so he's moping around - I suspect a case of man flu is coming on, poor fella!
Rolling Eyes
Had a nice hot bath and am tucked up on the sofa vegging out with some honey and lemon.
Serves me right for stopping taking my extra vits & minerals I guess!

Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |