Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Any Salsa dancer or Ballroom dancer out there?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Which is easier Salsa or Ballroom?

I read that ballroom dancing helps prevent alzheimer b/c of the way the brain has to keep track of all the diff steps.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
I've always wanted to take Ballroom Dancing as well as Latin and all other kinds of competitive dance. It can be so much fun and a great work out too. I've taken a few classes but never a full course. As for diffciulty they can both be very hard. It all depends on your natural rythm and learning curve. Some people are just naturals, while others have to really work at it. See if you can get a free introductory lesson somewhere and get an honest evaluation as to what level you would need to start at.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:26 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy Thanks for your reply. I get so sad when my thread is ignored. Very Happy hehe

Anyway, there's actually a Latin Restaurant in Pasadena (near me) that offers free salsa lessons every Sun from 4-5. I need to go for them. I think it's a great exercise, too. I'm just not very coordinated. I know it will be hard for me, but I will have fun regardless.
chloes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 5:46 pm      Reply with quote
Salsa is more towards social. Latin more towards competitive and demonstrative. So is ballroom. Do try one of each to see which you prefer. Personally I like Latin although I'm more introverted than extroverted Smile
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:23 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Cloes. I like Salsa b/c it looks so fun and energetic plus sexy, too. However, I doubt I'd look too sexy doing it so uncoordinated. lol
salli
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:09 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl, I have heard that dancing helps to improve your coordination. It sounds like a terrific way to get exercise and have fun too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Yes, Salli! I will try my best and have fun while trying, too. Very Happy
bergquis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
I have taken Salsa lessons more than once. It is a blast, great exercise and I laughed the entire time. Maybe because my partner (at the time)..looked so damn sexy trying to get the moves down.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Yup, salsa is quite the sexy dance and lots of fun too. Even more fun if you have a sexy partner who can really move. Wink I've always wanted to go to a salsa club but could never find anyone to drag along with me. Wish I was in Pasadena too as I'm sure we'd have a blast scoping out the hotties on the dance floor! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
I also want to know the result!
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
I could watch a couple who are really good salsa dancers dance forever! They don't even have to be that good looking. The dance makes them look so good! Dancing

Wildflower, you should move to Pasadena and we can go taking the lessons together.

Amazingly enough my bf actually said YES that he'd like to do this with me. But I don't know when.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |