Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Makeup that could create a similar look?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Sundew
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:58 am      Reply with quote
I saw this picture (I think she is an actress) on MUA and thought her makeup looked so amazing (it doesn't hurt that she has perfect skin too). I'm not even sure if this would look good on me. Anywho...tips on brands/colors that would help me recreate this look would be greatly appreciated! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I've always wanted to know how to get my eyeliner to look like that.

When I try it always comes out looking so heavy, never sophisticated like this.

Great post! I'll be watching this as well!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
It is hard to try to figure this out by looking at colors online Smile. Once I get over this cold I'll have to go exploring.
But I'm maybe thinking about this eyeshadow:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=017&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=270093867830&rd=1&rd=1#ebayphotohosting

Just worried it might be too glittery or too orange.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
That doesn't look like a shadow to me...more like a glitter.

I'm working on it too...I love the eyeshadow and lip color!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Eyeshadow could be any bronze/orange shade...I have an armani one.Let me know if you want me to dig up the #. Others can be lola lola e/s from Nars..more brown with orangey undertone. Trish Mcevoy has a few in this range-all her bronze e/s have an orange undertone-can you tell this is one of my pet peeves?? I prefer bronze/brown-no orange. Seriously the armani looks like the closest.

Blush & l/g could be duped with Nars orgasm, I think
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
On my monitor it looks more 'glowy' than glittery...it's probably something MAC, LOL.

Aromaleigh has an eye shadow called 'Luster' that is a pearlized gold & looks very similar to what I'm seeing on my monitor in that pic.

Eyeliner looks to me like a kohl liner that has been smudged & topped with a powder. Again, I'd guess MAC - but I think that look can be duplicated with just about any liner & dark shadow - if you use the right brushes. Aromaleigh has one called Umber that is matte (shadow) - and one with a little gold in it (think MAC Buried Treasure in powder form), called Drama Cocoa.

Her lipgloss reminds me of MAC's lustreglass - maybe Flowerosophy or Love Nectar - with a neutral liner underneath.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Nars Orgasm was my first thought with regard to the lipgloss too.

ETA: Do you think she did her eyes with a pencil or a shadow???

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown Pink Beige lip gloss?
There are some pictures if you scroll down:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=63869/pink_beige_lipgloss/Bobbi_Brown/Lip_Gloss/

ETA: Thanks for the replies, will check them out
Paris, I have no idea...my makeup skills are sub par. I'd like to know too Smile
Also, the girl in that picture is wearing The Body Shop Pink Brown lip liner.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
I want to look like that. I tried a sample of lily lolo brown sugar eyeshadow which although online doesn't look that impressive. But it was just like that colour.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
I have Nars Orgasm gloss & it doesn't look like that at all on me, LOL! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Sundew wrote:
Bobbi Brown Pink Beige lip gloss?
There are some pictures if you scroll down:
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=63869/pink_beige_lipgloss/Bobbi_Brown/Lip_Gloss/

ETA: Thanks for the replies, will check them out
Paris, I have no idea...my makeup skills are sub par. I'd like to know too Smile
Also, the girl in that picture is wearing The Body Shop Pink Brown lip liner.

I don't think BB has any shimmer though-in the picture there's def. some shimmer in the l/g
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Both of the MAC lustreglasses I mentioned have shimmer - and it looks very similar to the pic.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I like the sound of Love Nectar-I may give it a look..MAC, one of the few lines I get to actually see before I buy.
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of sticky glosses - and the Lustreglass is pretty sticky - but it's not as sticky as the Lipglass.

Love Nectar is pretty - and looks good over a neutra line.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
That's Song Hye-kyo, a south-korean actress & model in South Korea.

She also models for a Korean makeup brand called Etude.

http://www.beautykat.com/Brand/etude.htm
sormuimui
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
The e/s is probably a CREAM e/s to be getting that type of glowy effect, usually powder will give you a shimmer/pearl effect but on her eyes looks more "wet".

You could try MAC glosses, I'd go with Flowerosophy more than Love Nectar, Love Nectar is more peachy than what's shown on her lips (which is much more pink imo). A lot of glosses could probably get that effect, look for sheer pale pinks with glitter and no frost.

I'd probably go look at Jap/Korean makeup lines for similar colors because her colors aren't too hard to find (especially the gloss), her type of colors are pretty typical popular colors in Japanese type makeup, just more subtle. If not you could take a look at Bobbi Brown's cream shadows or Shiseido's hydro shadows.

Blush, I don't think it's Orgasm because it lacks the shimmer/glittery look from orgasm but again it's a really typical blush color, the color would probably be more pink than in the picture due to the flash and she probably layered powder on afterwards to set her makeup. It actually reminds me of some of Stila's convertible colors, so you could give those a try. Blush turns out different on everyone so you'll have to go try out diff colors to find a match.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought the Body Shop Pink Brown lip liner from ebay (I negotiated a lower price than the seller was asking, so it ended up cheaper than if I had hopped my sorry butt in the car and went to the mall).

I'm going to actually go to the mall to actually try the MAC lipglasses...which I love.

I think sormuimui is right about the eyeshadow...I actually googled "glossy eyeshadow" haha...her eyes do look wet!

ETA:
This Shiseido says it gives the eyes a "dewy" look...maybe this would work???
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P173716&categoryId=C105

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
looks like shes wearing a purple or a plum lower lid eyeliner

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
the cheeks look like Benefit's Dandelion. and i definitely agree that the eyes look like a cream. I.Q. has a line of eye shadows that look like this. they can be applied very sheerly for a subtle look or layered on thick for more glow (and they really *do* glow rather that garrishly glitter). you can email Fredericke, the owner (who is also a makeup artist), the picture and i'm sure she can recommend colours (she doesn't have all of them on the site): http://www.iqbeauty.com/woman.html
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
ditto what La Vie said!
Tangerine
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
A smokey eye created by black liner then smudged. The liner need to cover inner rim on the lower lid as well. Then cover the liner with dark plum/coco color eyeshadow inside the crease. The lid has an overall shimmer color but that is not unique and I think that is not important to this look. Any gold/bronze shimmer color will look similar here.

Her blush is a baby pink that you can find from nearly any brand, especially asia brand. I have shu eumera 33E and a Gurlain bubble blush in 60 (pink) which give the same result. Then you have to top the blush with a bit of high light at cheek bone.

Her lip can be a mac lipglass in pink tone. My mac lipglass in "petal pusher" looks the same.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, she sure is pretty! Wahhh I don't think I could ever look like that in this life time. I don't even know how to apply makeup. Hehehe...in my next life, I wanna look like that. Very Happy
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:34 pm      Reply with quote
I would bring the photo to a mac counter. I did that once & they helped me re-create the whole look & even drew/colored it out for me on one of their face sketch pads.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still working on trying to find a cream eye shadow that is close to what she is wearing.
They all seem to be either to brown/bronzey or too gold...not like a peach/orange.

le sigh!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
What a beauty! Looks like MAC Tempting on the eyes and MAC Hue on the lips. I wear those colors almost everyday, and they look pretty much the same as the pic. Oh and Nars Deep Throat on the cheeks for a peachy pink flush.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |