Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Mineral make up that glows please!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:14 am      Reply with quote
I've tried loads of different mineral make ups (JI, Lauress (but ,) but am looking for one that gives a glow/ shine. I heard that BE does this, but having bought some, not enough for me. Does anyone know of a brand that does, or whether there's a finishing powder that glows? I am looking for glow rather than glitter, products such as BE's clear radiance are too glittery rather than glowy!!! Laughing Lauress have changed their products recently to make them more glowy - has anyone tried the new stuff?
appletini
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:06 am      Reply with quote
I sometimes mix in some Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder into my regular Alima at night. Got this tip from another member here, and it works well for me, although I suspect I've overdone it on occasion.
Lucia
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Aromaleigh have brought out a finishing powder just for this reason - to give the glowy look that BE gives minus the irritating things in BE (like Bismuth)it doesn't emphasise lines or pores like BE does either!.

I have some and mix it with their Coquille Lilas correcting powder for day time as I tend to shine on my T Zone anyway. This is what it says on the website:

"Luminesce Divine is designed for those who adore Aromaleigh's Voilé and Glissade matte mineral cosmetic foundation powders, but would love a finishing powder that offers them some of the glowy or dewy look that many of the commercially available mineral cosmetic foundation powders provide. In particular, world-reknowned mineral makeup brand Bare Escentuals."

http://www.aromaleigh.com/ludifipocoso.html
Very Happy

5% products discount

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried LaurEss' new formula and it is more luminous then the original but nowhere near the glow of BE. Tis is my new favorite foundation and I highly recommend everyone try it, since I love it so much, but if BE didn't glow enough for you, LaurEss won't either. Maybe EDM's original glow formula?
wickawer
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Have you tried lily lolo mineral cosmetics. I use these and love it.
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:04 am      Reply with quote
MAD's Flash Glow or Silk Veil. I got samples of both but they're wayyyy too glowy for me. Might be just what you want.
pips
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for ideas so far - have just tried to order Aromaleigh only to find they don't ship to UK! Boo Hoo! Sad
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:10 am      Reply with quote
you want more glow than BE? Have you considered plutonium dust? Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Hi Pips - oops sorry didn't realise you were in the UK Embarassed - I'm in the UK and one of the lovely ladies here on EDS is nice enough to order for me then onward post it to me in the UK.
Might be worth posting a plea for someone to be your US Enabler! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:15 am      Reply with quote
Where can I get MAD from ? Is there a web site?
Schnee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:19 am      Reply with quote
pips wrote:
Thanks for ideas so far - have just tried to order Aromaleigh only to find they don't ship to UK! Boo Hoo! Sad

Lily Loo is based in the UK. Just got my samples today. Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Lucia wrote:
Aromaleigh have brought out a finishing powder just for this reason - to give the glowy look that BE gives minus the irritating things in BE (like Bismuth)it doesn't emphasise lines or pores like BE does either!.

I have some and mix it with their Coquille Lilas correcting powder for day time as I tend to shine on my T Zone anyway. This is what it says on the website:

"Luminesce Divine is designed for those who adore Aromaleigh's Voilé and Glissade matte mineral cosmetic foundation powders, but would love a finishing powder that offers them some of the glowy or dewy look that many of the commercially available mineral cosmetic foundation powders provide. In particular, world-reknowned mineral makeup brand Bare Escentuals."

http://www.aromaleigh.com/ludifipocoso.html
Very Happy

I'm in love with this stuff! Just when i thought my skin couldn't look any better with my Alima MMU, i mix a little of this in and voila, gorgeous dewy lit-from-within skin. It's currently 25% off right now so now couldn't be a better time to try it.
Emma2006
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
UGloGirl gives a nice natural glow.
Melissa has superb CS too.
lingge
5% products discount

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use some highlight powder after the mineral makeup to look glowing.hope that will help.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Lily Lolo Stardust gives a nice glow, but nothing like BE. Their samples are so cheap and definitely are worth a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:50 pm      Reply with quote
appletini wrote:
I sometimes mix in some Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder into my regular Alima at night. Got this tip from another member here, and it works well for me, although I suspect I've overdone it on occasion.

It also works well for me!
Velvettt
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
madminerals.org is the website for MAD, but I don't know if she ships to UK.
keli13
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:45 am      Reply with quote
Lumiere Mineral makeup has three types of minerals, Flawless, Veena Velvet and their newest Luminesse. The Luminesse is suppose to have a beautiful glow to it. I just ordered it today. I normally use their Veena Velvet.

w*w*w*.lumierecosmetics.c*o*m*

Click on Face.
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
lingge wrote:
I use some highlight powder after the mineral makeup to look glowing.hope that will help.

yes! agree!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
pips wrote:
Where can I get MAD from ? Is there a web site?

http://madminerals.org/catalog.php?item=4&catid=2&ret=catalog.php%3Fcategory%3D2
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
Pips, have you tried Everyday Minerals Original Glo foundation? I tried it once and thought it was just excessively shiny, so it might be just the thing for you.

Another option would be Alima's Illuminating Shimmer powder. I use this stuff on my cheekbones and brow bones and it brings an incredible, other-worldly glow to my face. If you find a foundation you like and you just think it's not quite glowy enough, why not mix a little of this powder in?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Alima Illuminating Luna and D'Oro are very nice! They give a very nice glowy look.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Lisey wrote:
Alima Illuminating Luna and D'Oro are very nice! They give a very nice glowy look.

I'm such a knob for not thinking of Alima's illuminating powders since i'm so in love with the foundation. Lisey, do the powders have sparkles in them?
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Lisey wrote:

I'm such a knob for not thinking of Alima's illuminating powders since i'm so in love with the foundation. Lisey, do the powders have sparkles in them?

dollbird, to me it's more like a "glow" than actual sparkles. It's very pretty!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
dollbird wrote:
Lisey wrote:

Not like those big glittery sparkles, but glowy shimmer. They look really wet and glowy. I LOVE them!! You can use them to highlight your features. Luna gives a really natural glow for me.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |