Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Hand Veins
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:21 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone done sclero to get rid of these?
I know it's a risk; you might not have enough veins if you end up needing extensive medical treatment/infusions.
But, still, I'm thinking about it.
Hate the way they're looking.
Thoughts??
(also leg sclero left me with spiders, led to laser, which led to discoloaration. still there!) no free lunch.
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Jakee, when you say hand veins I'm assuming that your veins are quite pronounced. Is that right? Is it because the skin has become thinner?

If that's it, start taking care of your hands as obsessively as you do your face. Hands are really the first "dead give-away" of age. When your slathering away at your skin and neck don't wash the products off your hands, really massage it in the hands, too. When I dry brush just before my shower I also do my hands and feet to exfoliate them. Anything you use on your face to build collagen or accelerate skin cell growth will work on the hands, as well (HA, DMAE, Vitamin C, etc.). I sometimes find the need to use a really moisturizing handcream and wear gloves at night. This very hard to get used to, but once you do, it works miracles on your hands keeping them soft and plump.

Hope some of this helps.

Ari

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:32 am      Reply with quote
It's good advice Ari, but I'm not sure it works. I always use the same stuff on my hands as on my face and as I've got older I've got big veins especially in hot weather. I'm not sure it's just a skin issue.

appletini gave some fun advice about how to deal with this problem here.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14599&highlight=backs+hands
kim@ifeelpretty
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I do the same - everything I use on my face, I also use on my neck, chest, & hands.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 11:37 am      Reply with quote
I used to do that a lot. Rarely do I even think of it anymore. I've found that thickening the skin with the right collagen-building actives and moisture has made a huge difference in my hands (and feet since they don't look so bony anymore). Now if I could only get my neck and decollete to look so good. They are improving, though.

Ari

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Instead of stripping the veins, which can pose longterm problems, try having a filler injected. Autologous fat is often used for the purpose of hiding prominent hand veins. The fat puts a layer over the veins and makes them MUCH less noticeable...loss of volume on the tops of the hands is one reason why veins become more obvious as we age.
Not sure if Restylane can be used for this purpose as well, or not. Resty tends to give a blue cast when used under the eyes, where skin is thinner, so if you are very fair or thin-skinned, Restylane may not be suitable for your hands, either. Sculptra is another possible option for an injectible, albeit as more of a collagen inducer than a filler.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 8:27 am      Reply with quote
I've noticed that sometimes, kind of randomly, the veins on the back of my hands bulge. I feel like the Incredible Hulk. I came across this article that talks about a treatment called Laser ablation--"a new and relatively quick procedure--can ease their minds and erase unwanted hand veins. . .Our aim with this new technique was to find a safe and quick procedure to eliminate prominent hand veins for our patients without having to undergo serious surgery."

Laser ablation uses a laser placed on the tip of a wire, which surgeons thread into the vein. As the wire is pulled out slowly, the energy from the laser heats up the vein and blood cells, damaging the inner lining of the vessel wall. Once the wire is removed, a tight dressing is put on the hand, clamping down the tissue and collapsing the vein. Over the next couple of weeks, the vein dies and gives way, leaving a smooth hand.

Other than raising our hands & fat injections, are there any other OTC products that could help?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1272/is_2729_134/ai_n16608909

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 10:57 am      Reply with quote
I've been experimenting with my Baby Quasar on my hands. I have been using it on 1 hand and not the other for just under a month. The hand I am using it on is much improved! I asked my husband which hand looked better and he was convinced at first that I was holding my hands in different ways to make them look different, but after a thorough inspection, he was impressed! I am continuing with my experiment until I've maxed out on my improvements (it's still improving at this point). I am excited because I've always had such bulgy hand veins.
leidon
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 25, 2007 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm doing the same experiment with my dermawand on my left hand. Not to help with the bulging veins, but just curious if it would make a difference in any fine lines. I apply my cream & then use the dermawand. It's been about 3 weeks & I don't see any difference b/w the left & right hands yet. The hands are great for side by side comparison! Keep us posted on your baby q experiment.

combo/acne prone skin/naturally tan-nc 42: HG so far: Pure Minerals Mineral Melt cleanser for OCM, JM bioglycolic cleanser, JM bioclear, EII, Sofina Nuance Up, SK-II airtouch fdn, Vincent Longo lip stain in Baby Boo & My Sunshine, Kevyn Aucoin Apricot Tansoleil blush
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
leidon wrote:
I've noticed that sometimes, kind of randomly, the veins on the back of my hands bulge. I feel like the Incredible Hulk. I came across this article that talks about a treatment called Laser ablation--"a new and relatively quick procedure--can ease their minds and erase unwanted hand veins. . .Our aim with this new technique was to find a safe and quick procedure to eliminate prominent hand veins for our patients without having to undergo serious surgery."

Laser ablation uses a laser placed on the tip of a wire, which surgeons thread into the vein. As the wire is pulled out slowly, the energy from the laser heats up the vein and blood cells, damaging the inner lining of the vessel wall. Once the wire is removed, a tight dressing is put on the hand, clamping down the tissue and collapsing the vein. Over the next couple of weeks, the vein dies and gives way, leaving a smooth hand.

Other than raising our hands & fat injections, are there any other OTC products that could help?

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1272/is_2729_134/ai_n16608909

I have this problem too, unfortunately. However, I'd really worry about collapsing veins - they're there for a reason and I wouldn't want to mess around with the blood supply too much.

The filler route sounds more like a good possiblilty, though.
BBD
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 11:18 am      Reply with quote
You can definitely use fillers...Restylane would be OK but you probably need something that is better at adding volume, like Radiesse or Sculptra.

I have really vein-y hands, too, and not sure what to do about them.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 11:29 am      Reply with quote
charis wrote:
I've been experimenting with my Baby Quasar on my hands. I have been using it on 1 hand and not the other for just under a month. The hand I am using it on is much improved!

I keep meaning to try my Quasar on my hands too (and my chest area). I really want to be preventative with my hands since I don't want them to give away my age if my face doesn't. Your results should motivate me to start! Smile
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 11:42 am      Reply with quote
When I first got the Baby Quasar I did my hands. Let me tell you that my hands looked so much younger. The skin plumped right up and those ugly veins were far less noticeable. The results were temporary. I don't know what the results of using the BQ or other such device on your hands regularly would be. If you have these devices it certainly would be worth a try. I have not been disciplined with the BQ lately (face either).
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone had fillers (other than fat) injected? I don't think I'd want to have surgery/lipo/fat removed/stored/etc. to fatten up my hands.

Anyone having long term success from the Baby Q? Or is it just a temporary swelling effect?

I've read about sclerotherapy for the hands. Saying they leave a good vein there, and don't take anything you need for health/circulation. Yet, who knows if you need medical treatment in the future....
iaimei
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 26, 2007 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="BBD"]You can definitely use fillers...Restylane would be OK but you probably need something that is better at adding volume, like Radiesse or Sculptra.

I have really vein-y hands, too, and not sure what to do about them.[/quote]

About the fillers, how long it will last then? How much the cost would be each time?

I always wanted the back of my hands look more fuller, I never know this could be an option now.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 6:54 am      Reply with quote
jakee wrote:
Has anyone had fillers (other than fat) injected? I don't think I'd want to have surgery/lipo/fat removed/stored/etc. to fatten up my hands.

Anyone having long term success from the Baby Q? Or is it just a temporary swelling effect?

I've read about sclerotherapy for the hands. Saying they leave a good vein there, and don't take anything you need for health/circulation. Yet, who knows if you need medical treatment in the future....

Yes, that would be my concern, jakee. I had a very bad experience once because of a collapsed vein and wouldn't want to risk repeating it.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I must be a freak because I have always had veiny hands and I actually quite like the way they look. Must be the goth in me Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 8:21 am      Reply with quote
i know some one with Veins hand was inborn, it is almost impossible to get rid of.
are you Hand Veins inborn or postnatal?
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
You know how they say putting your feet up in the air helps varicose veins in the legs? Maybe just keeping your hands up would help as well!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 7:55 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever seen pictures of Angelina Jolie where the veins in her arms are 3D? That's scary.

I have some veins popping out in my arms and a few in my hands since I started doing yoga. I heard exercising and losing a bunch of weight can cause vein-poppage. It doesn't bother me so much.
jakee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
guapagirl wrote:
You know how they say putting your feet up in the air helps varicose veins in the legs? Maybe just keeping your hands up would help as well!

Yes, if you keep your hands over your head, they flatten. I think I'll try that.

Really, it's a sign of aging. I think you lose fat in your hands, just like you do in your face. That can lead to that "old lady" veiny hand look. Not horrible, really not a bid deal when you think about it, and maybe we should all love ourselves as is. I'm sure that's best! And, yes, people who exercise can get them, a sign of better circulation, perhaps.
But for those of us who don't like it, it'd be great to find a way to change it.
Or just change how we feel about it.
In the meantime, here are some links with possible treatments for this, if you're interested/curious:
http://www.topdocs.com/display_procedure.php?id=handrejuvenation
http://www.cosmeticsurgeryinfosource.com/hand-rejuvenation.html
http://www.nomorehandveins.com/handvein-treatment.htm

Your thoughts?
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 28, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
" ... use a really moisturizing handcream and wear gloves at night..."
My hands are quite dry. I would try this too!
Thanks for sharing!!
rubicon
5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 3:51 pm      Reply with quote
i pm'ed jakee, thinking the thread was too old, but i just realize it is still getting replies. so here is for everyone to read.

check into the Reiki Facelift, on the Reiki Council website. the pictures show hand veins becoming less prominent. i know that after having simple Reiki done on me, my face has improved a lot if it had been affected by stress. so i'm very excited about this new treatment.

and i hate my hand (and other) veins too!
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
rubicon wrote:
i hate my hand (and other) veins too!

...see I love my veins. It's how I know I'm still alive!

5% products discount

Sun Jun 03, 2007 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
mine are from reactions to synthetic hormones years ago. i know the valves were actually damaged, so they hang out of my hands a little (almost like a varicose vein). it's really not nice, but usually i ignore it. it happened all over my body, and i think such vein problems are related to why i have orthostatic hypotension and can't so much as stand up for too long without getting extremely ill. so in my case, i see it as linked to poor health. i want intact veins. i know as i get much older (i'm in my 30s), this would've slowly happened or the veins would simply naturally be more prominent from skin thinning and fat loss.

i have blue ones by my eyes too, which don't bother me anymore but i knew it was a bad sign once they appeared. the thing is, once a vein starts to go, it's like a run in pantyhose. stresses and vasodilation like from even one's own hormones will make it eventually get worse. and the damaged vein can take other smaller veins with it, creating spider veins and the new spider-like veins under my eyes. :/ so a few are ok, but this is getting ridiculous!

this hand vein removal thing, though, makes me nervous. it sounds too good to be true. like i can picture the hand swelling and other veins taking up the slack and going defective as a result of losing a vein. unless the vein is severely damaged, like a bad varicose leg vein that isn't working right anyway, how could you lose it and be ok? i imagine it'd depend on your general circulatory health and such too.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:48 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |