Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Juara Now on EDS! Hurray!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
havana8

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:12 pm      Reply with quote
Hurray! Dancing I have been dying to try this. Thank you EDS!! It all looks so inviting... I've read some great reviews on the Candlenut Body Creme. Anyone have any favourites or recommendations?
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Oh, gee, thanks! Now I have got to have that coffee scrub.

Okay. Back to looking.....ooooh, the Avocado Banana Mask looks so yummy!

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
That looks so yummy and tempting!!! The coffee scrub is calling me....

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting line...but don't you ladies think the prices for scrubs are a bit high? Just MO.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
That looks so yummy and tempting!!! The coffee scrub is calling me....

Yeah, if I got that I wouldn't have to scrounge for coffee grounds every morning before my shower. hmmmmmm.

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:38 pm      Reply with quote
oooooh... the Avocado Banana mask DOES sound yummy! I hear the Taramind Tea toner calling my name...
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
The toner looks pretty good. I just wish the Sweet Black Tea Eye Creme had Tamarind Seed Oil instead of Rice Bran Oil. Love my Tamarind Seed Oil.

Wild Cat, the prices ARE a little on the high side for scrubs. But those are some nice scrubs!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
The Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask is supposed to be awesome!
havana8

Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:56 pm      Reply with quote
katee wrote:

quietly adding *that* to my shopping cart too.... Razz
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I'm still trying to figure out the Hand and Body Balm. It has "Illipe (Shorea Stenoptera Seed) Butter" in it. Illipe Butter has a very high melting point and is usually used for soaps or stick-type balms.

But everything else looks absolutely delightful. oh, dear.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
katee wrote:

quietly adding *that* to my shopping cart too.... Razz

to mine as well. Wink
havana8

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:20 pm      Reply with quote
some interesting articles....

Juara Candlenut Body Polish
http://nymag.com/shopping/bestbets/friday/29709/

Juara Sweet Black Tea Lip Treatment
http://www.courant.com/features/lifestyle/hc-faqlips.artjan24,0,4024557.story?coll=hc-utility-features-life
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
I just placed an order for their Invigorating Coffee Scrub, Sweet Black Tea Lip Treatment, and Turmeric Antioxidant Facial Mask. Will report back once I've tried them Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:52 pm      Reply with quote
Wild Cat wrote:
Interesting line...but don't you ladies think the prices for scrubs are a bit high? Just MO.

agree!
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I thought the scrub was a bit too expensive, but I just couldn't resist when I saw the word coffee. I just love the smell of coffee too much. Their body creme sounds really good too, but I just held off as I didn't wanna spend too much money.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
wow ! Shock so many mask need to try Laughing
look yummy Drool
Arielle
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Arielle wrote:
The toner looks pretty good. I just wish the Sweet Black Tea Eye Creme had Tamarind Seed Oil instead of Rice Bran Oil. Love my Tamarind Seed Oil.

Wild Cat, the prices ARE a little on the high side for scrubs. But those are some nice scrubs!

DOH! Tamarind Seed Oil is used for varnish. I meant Tamarind Extract! That Rice Bran Oil and the fact that the other products had Tamarind Extract had me going. Thanks, catski, for catching that.

Ari

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 11:20 am      Reply with quote
Wow! These sound sooo good! I haven't heard of this brand before and I'll definetely purchase if someone posts some good reviews! Very Happy
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I've been curious about this line for awhile. I posted a thread about this back in January.
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=19815

Reviews are limited on MUA, the body cream sounds excellent, three other products only have one review and they aren't good.

I'm curious about the eye cream.
http://www.makeupalley.com/product/searching.asp?x=y&CategoryID=0&brandname=&brand=0&title=juara&GO.x=0&GO.y=0

There have since been more reviews on skinstore.com

The eye cream:

Quote:
I have a lot of puffiness around my eyes in the morning, and I've tried at least twenty different eye creams to decrease the puffiness and dark circles. Someone gave me a sample of Juara's eye cream, and the next morning after a particularly bad night, I had no puffiness, and in fact looked fresh. I use it every night and am extremely satisfied!

Quote:
I have bought very expensive eye creams, cheap eye creams and all in between. This one seems to be doing the trick. I have dry skin but most eye creams are too greasy - this one stays put. Will repurchase!

EYE CREAM INGREDIENTS are in my other thread.

The lip treatment:

Quote:
This lip treatment is different from your typical lip balms in that its texture is similar to lotion but more moisturizing. My lips always feel velvety smooth. Plus, they have that great smell that I've come to associate with Juara. Overall, it's good for smoothing and plumping your lips.

LIP TREATMENT INGREDIENTS:
WATER, CANDLENUT (ALEURITES, MOLUCCANA) OIL, EMULSIFYING WAX NF, CYCLOMETHICONE, AVOCADO (PERSEA GRATISSIMA) OIL, UNSAPONIFIABLES, STEARYL ALCOHOL, ILLIPE (SHOREA STENOPTERA) SEED BUTTER, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, VITAMIN E (TOCOPHERYL ACETATE), SACCHAROMYCES/XYLINUM BLACK TEA FERMENT, HYDROXYETHYLACRYLATE/SODIUM ACRYLOYLDIMETHYL TAURATE COPOLYMER, HYDROXYETHYLCELLULOSE, POLYSORBATE 60, PHENOXYETHANOL, CAPRYLYL, GLYCOL, FLAVOR, FRAGRANCE

Black Tea and Rice facial moisturizer:
Quote:
I was skeptical when I first tried this because I have really oily/acne-prone skin, but this moisturizer keeps my face hydrated without being heavy or oily. Plus, the smell is refreshing yet calming. I love this!

Quote:
I have sensitive skin which can be really dry in the winter. I worried about breaking out but this product is excellent. Nice texture and scent.

Quote:
Im really really picky about moisturizer- but this product was incredible!! Totally softened my skin up without drying it out!! I highly reccomend it!

Quote:
This cream is a tad pricey, but it smells great and keeps my dry, sensitive skin (with rosacea!) in check. I wish it came in a bigger size.

FACIAL MOISTURIZER INGREDIENTS:
Water, Aleurites Moluccana (Candlenut) Oil, Emulsifying Wax Nf, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice Bran) Oil, Cyclomethicone, Stearyl Alcohol, Shorea Stenoptera Seed (Illipe) Butter, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Squalane, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Hydroxyethylacrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Polysorbate 60, Phenoxyethanol, Prophylparaben, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance.

I hope this helps!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:57 am      Reply with quote
OK, I was getting excited till I read the ingredients list and will have to negotiate around the ones with Dimethicone. bah.

Y'all know Candle Nut = Kukui Nut, right? And if you can get your hands on teh raw nuts, you can just chop them up and rub them over the body as a scrub. That little trick is used in SE Asian spas...

Off to go check out the other items... Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
I tried their Candlenut body and hand cream and quite like it, very moisturizing and it lasts, but the scent is just too strong.
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:50 pm      Reply with quote
black tea, rice....sounds good
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |