Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Bobbi Brown Living Beauty book
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have this or intend to buy this? Are there other good beauty books for 40+ year olds?

I picked up 2 magazines today and both mentioned the new BB book.
havana8

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
in what context was it mentioned, if you don't mind me asking... Smile
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
I read about this book and I must admit I was tempted but I forgot all about it. Now you have reminded me. Might do a web search although I do have a book token if I get it from a shop.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought it yesterday. Will do a review when I've read it. Smile
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
More magazine highlighted some of Bobbi's tips from the book on a few pages. Elle mentioned it in a blurb, but I forgot what it said.
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
I just bought this a few days ago. After a quick initial glance through it, I think it's a good book with lots of informative tips on makeup, skincare, skin treatments, etc. It also covers some hair stuff, eating healthy, exercise and dressing. So basically a little of everything! One thing I really like about her books is that she uses real people as models. Anyway, for someone that really knows their stuff ... this might just go over things you already know, but for people who are looking for those little tips on all those subjects ... I think this appears to be a good book to have and visually it's a nice read with lots of pictures, before and afters, and such.

HTH! Smile
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting, Moonstarr. I am definitely not someone who "really knows their stuff" Laughing so maybe this would be a good book for me.

Does it talk about basics, such as applying blush, eyeshadow, etc.? Or only how to enhance skills we shoul already have, to help with the aging issues? I know at my age I should already know how to do the basics well, but I don't!
Moonstarr
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
marci65 wrote:
Thanks for posting, Moonstarr. I am definitely not someone who "really knows their stuff" Laughing so maybe this would be a good book for me.

Does it talk about basics, such as applying blush, eyeshadow, etc.? Or only how to enhance skills we shoul already have, to help with the aging issues? I know at my age I should already know how to do the basics well, but I don't!

It does seem to go over all the basic makeup tips with some before and afters. There is one "step by step" photo series for the whole face, but it isn't TOO detailed. They do go over most of the main makeup items, but in most cases it's a description of the type of products that work best for different issues and the types of colours to go for depending on your skin tone, but I didn't find many super description step by steps (ie. apply this shade here and blend to here type thing). It might have been interesting if she'd added that, for instance: for deep set eyes apply your shadows as such ... that sort of thing.

As for aging issues, it does go over them ... again it's more text than step by steps photos (although they do include people with those issues and show their before and after photo), but it does cover things like fine lines, wrinkles, loss of elasticity, uneven texture/skin tone, brown spots, etc., and talks about the right makeup products to use and also talks about different skin care or treatments you can try.

I think it's an interesting book and will provide a good read. It's funny, after reading any Bobbi Brown book, I always want to go out and buy a bunch of her makeup! Although I do have some of her eyeshadows and love them. But I want more! Smile
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:37 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |