Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

self tanner for body
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
radicalgreenfrogs
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
What's your favorite self tanner for body ?
I'm looking for one that doesn't rub off on
clothes and doesn't smell or dry out the skin.
Help please
Thanks
Radical green frogs
waffle
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
check out tangal's site, sunless.com -- it will give you info sorted by skin type and coloration, plus application techniques.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
I just started using Jergens Natural Glow in Medium thanks to a thread on the forum.

It is great. Super easy to use (it is a moisturizing lotion) and the smell is not nearly as strong as most self tanners. Plus it is only about $7. I love it.
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, tangal's site is packed with loads of great info.

I actually splurged out on a couple of new ones that I've heard fab things about. Got them for free from Boots, really, as I was given some vouchers and had also racked up plenty of Advantage Card loyalty points.

They are Vita Liberata and Make Believe. I'll give an update when I finally get around to using them. But tangal did recommend a super-sounding spray self-tan. I shall be trying that when I have the funds.
jlcov1
5% products discount

Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
What about St Tropez Everyday BodyLotion.Light or dark. Don't know how good it is as I don't use tanning lotion but at the salon I go to some of the therapists are using it.
Might be worth a look.
radicalgreenfrogs
5% products discount

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Fake Bake ?
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Fake Bake lotion has a very dark added tint (the lotion is deep brown when applyed to the skin)which can be messy to apply and will rub off on clothing and bedding until you shower. It can be difficult to spread, and the resulting tan is lighter then the actual added tint on most people. Its OK, but for the cost, not more then average. However some do love it.

The deep tint has the advantage of adding a bit of dark brown temporary staining effect to the skin along with the self tanner portion of the tanning product. This can make the tan browner. But can also cause an increase in acne breakouts on some, and more issues with dark dots inside leg and facial pores. This deep tan also creates poorer fadeing for some skintypes.

The gel does not have as dark a tint, but gels in general can be poorer faders on many. Especialy normal to dry skintypes.

St Tropez Regular lotion, is similar, much darker over all but with similar drawbacks to compensate for. It is easier to spread however. But should be applied pretty liberally for best results. Being that it is a pricier product, this can be a drawback for regular use. But final color is nice. And it lasts a bit longer then FB. I have not used the lighter everday.

Clarins tend to be a bit perfumy for many, and many people find they tend to be a bit to yellow and over priced. If you are a skin type two this is probably going to be to yellow for you. But the products have a following.
Those who are ruddey toned tend to like them and those who are not yellow toned naturally.

They are lighter products making them popular for the very fairest skin types. The added perfumes can be very irritating on the face of those who are acne prone.

Jergens Natuiral Glow is a popular Gradual Tanner. Graduals are great for Begionners. Overall, Dove is currently the most popular gradual tanner at Sunless.com. Though Jergens does have a following. But many do tend to find it smellier or yellower then Dove. Last years version was worse at this, but Jergens did some revamping this year that did help some.

Dove however contains Erythrulose as well as DHA, as a tanning activity. Some find products containing "E" fade worse on them. So something to concider. Other find product with E give a bit more reddish color to the final tan.

Much depends on your skin type, experience level, and what you want in a self tanner.

We have reviews of many of these products from a range of users and skin types atwww.sunless.com. Both through the message board search, and from articles posted on the main home page. Most are USA based products, though we do have some reviews on other products, useing the board search feature.
Tangal
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:51 am      Reply with quote
ww.drugstore.com also has some good reviews as well.
Julsey
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:44 am      Reply with quote
Clarins Self Tanning Milk or Instant Gel - I have used them for years and they are both fantastic. Both produce a very natural even tan and don't streak even when my application is a bit sloppy.
rosebud
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:48 am      Reply with quote
Tangel, loved your self tan run downs, I really want to try the Clarins but at the moment will stick with Dove which does a good job on my pale skin, plus I have never had streaks from using this and am now on my second bottle.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:05 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |