Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

::Review:: Organic Pharmacy Carrot Butter Cleanser
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
I will start off by saying that this cleanser is not cheap. I told myself I'd never spend more than 30 dollars on a cleanser that would last me a few months. This one was twice as much.

Organic Pharmacy has a distributer in the States, but they sell this cleanser for 52 bucks plus 10 more in shipping (ridiculous...there's no good reason that it costs 10 dollars to send something from New York to Tucson). The US distributer iswww.newlondonpharmacy.com

I chose to order straight from OP (www.theorganicpharmacy.com), mistakenly thinking I'd save some money over the US distributor. OP has it listed at 42 USD. The shipping was 17 dollars, but I got (or at least at the time I thought I got) a discount because of VAT. However, because they charge you in GBP, your credit card company may decide to take advantage of this and rip you off, giving you a really lousy exchange rate. While OP said they were charging the equivalent of 51 USD, my CC charged me $61.66...granted they told me at checkout my cc company might charge me a different amount.

So 60 bucks later, I have this 3.3 oz jar of orange, balmy goodness. It comes with a spatula as not to get your germies in it. A little goes a looooong way.

The verdict:
I'm in love with OP Carrot Butter Cleanser. I use it at night and my makeup melts off like nothing else. I have tried MANY cleansers and none have worked as well as this in removing my sometimes heavy eye makeup. Combined with the unbleached muslin cloth I bought, it leaves my skin unbelievably soft and not greasy in the least. I've not had a break out yet (knock on wood).

Now, I'm distraught. I adore this cleanser. I'm still dying to try the OP Flower Petal Cleanser and Facial mask...but I can't bring myself to spend another 60 bucks. I'm beginning to wonder if it would be cheaper if someone in the UK did a CP for me and sent it that way, VAT discount or not...<hint hint> Wink

My goal is to make this last 5-6 months...then for me it would be economically feasible...as I can buy a 20 or 30 dollar cleanser and have it last 3-4 months.

My fall back, which I am currently trying out now in the mornings is Liz Earle. No it doesn't remove makeup as well, doesn't feel as good on my face, and doesn't make me all happy about carrots, but it's much less expensive.

I know OP has this in their travel/trial kit, but their kit is super expensive at 80 bucks...though you can try many of their best sellers. I didn't do this because some of the products as they are not all fit for my skin and I know I wouldn't use all of the kit...so I took the plunge. And now I find myself wanting to dive in again!!! Someone throw me a lift preserver...better yet...throw a life boat in!!

Overall rating (not thinking about price, only quality and effectiveness)
Package Quality
Price: Initial price with shipping
Price if it lasts 5-6 months

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've thought about trying out this product, but decided to go with good old Eve Lom first and now I'm so in love with it. I think after I'm done with Eve Lom, I'll give it a try. I'm currently using OP sunscreen and rose cleansing gel. Unlike you, I've never had any problems with exchange rate (I live in Thailand) and I've always ordered from their website. The VAT discount more or less makes up for the shipping cost depending on how much I order. I still wanna try their facial spritz, jasmine conditioner and bath products, but I'm gonna have to hold off for now since I just bought quite a few things from EDS. Anyway, I'm just wondering. What does the carrot cleanser smell like? How easy is it to clean off in comparison to Liz Earle one?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
In my opinion, it doesn't leave as much behind as Liz Earle.

Smell-wise....hmm...definitely not like carrots!
I smell mostly lavender with a bit of rosemary.
But not strong at all.

Quite lovely.

ArghIWANTTHEFLOWERPETALMASK<breathe>WHYDOESITHAVETOBESOEXPENSIVE!?!?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 8:27 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review... Now I want this even more.

Can't wait for your review of the mask. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 2:53 am      Reply with quote
sigh. this is another one of the organic balm cleansers that i'll just have to live vicariously through you. why do they all have the dreaded shea butter, i ask you??? thanks for mentioning the Liz Earle -- i had been curious and that does not seem to have shea. ah well, back to my Eve Lom....

p.s. i think it will be pricey regardless of where you order it because of the current exchange rate. the trick is that you need much less than you think (though it *is* so much fun to slather).
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Here in the UK, it's the equivalent of $47.12 plus $4 for delivery at the moment (so $51.12 in total), but I'm not sure how much the cost of shipping onward to the US would add to that as I don't know how much the jar weighs - it only says 70ml on the website. Can anyone help with that, please?

Sadly, I don't think you'd actually end up saving much in the end, ParisTroika, but you might save a couple of dollars or so, depending on the cost of shipping to the UK. If someone can let me know the weight of a full job, I should be able to give you an estimate at least.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:30 am      Reply with quote
Alas...I figured. This cleanser is just expensive and I I'll just have to deal with it.

I completely forgot to list the ingredients!
Ingredients: *Helinthus annus (sunflower) oil, *Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, *Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), *Sesamum indicum (sesame) seed oil, *Cera alba (beeswax), *Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, *Cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, *Triticum vulgare (wheat) germ oil, *Olea europaea (olive) oil, Daucus carota sativa (carrot) extract*, *Calendula officinalis (marigold) flower extract, *Hypericum perforatum (St John's Wort) extract, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Rosemarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf oil, *Lavandula angustofolia (lavender) oil, *Anthemis nobilis (chamomile) flower oil, Linalool. * Denotes organic.

Yes Sad unfortunately for those with both shea allergies and bees wax, this has both.

I very much like the Liz Earle, I've been using it in the morning and I really think it's also helping my skin. I used to be one that doesn't wash my face in the morning but I'm beginning to think that maybe cleansing the stuff off of my face from the night before (YY balm and spot treatment) is to my advantage. If I didn't use anything at night, then maybe just washing with water would be fine.

majorb: I swear the website said 100 ml when I ordered...I know they used to have a different jar design for it, maybe that was 100 ml and now it's down to a lover amount. I just checked my jar and it's not 70, it says 75 ml.

Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |