Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Review for Perfect Complexion's Perfect Kisser Butter Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, actually it's a Butter Cream BALM, but that wouldn't fit. Wink I stumbled upon this stuff recently when I was checking out the Perfect Complexion website. It caught my eye and I was tempted, but I decided against ordering because I don't like buying things when I can't see the ingredients. However, then I read that Julie from PC will be donating ALL the proceeds from this lip balm to a no-kill kitty rescue organization. That was all the motivation I needed--- I couldn't order this stuff quickly enough!

On the PC website, Julie compares this Butter Cream balm to Duwop's Buttercream lip balm. As you all may or may not know, Duwop's Buttercream balm is one of my HG balms, so this balm had some pretty big shoes to fill!

I got my package from PC today, and I was very impressed---- Julie sent me an extra balm for free! Now that's good CS! I've been using and enjoying my new balm all day, and it is really lovely. It smells like vanilla pudding, and the texture is very light and silky, not waxy at all. My lips look and feel very soft and healthy--- I can already tell that this balm will be a HG balm along with my Duwpo one. Supposedly this one plumps too--- I'll keep you guys updated on how that goes. Hey, it couldn't hurt, right?

This balm costs $15 atwww.perfectcomplexion.net. It may seem a little pricey, but it's a wonderful balm and the proceeds go to a GREAT cause, so you can really feel good about buying it. Now if I can just get my hands on Ganache for Lips' Vanilla Mousse balm, my trifecta of Vanilla balms will be complete....

Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
I've been meaning to do a review of this, too, as I've been happily using it for the past 6 months but Manslayerliz beat me to it! Great review, Liz. Here are my two cents: I don't usually like lip balms but I love this one! It is very moisturizing and comfortable on the lips and it tastes yummy...

I would rate it / 5.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
havana8 wrote:
I've been meaning to do a review of this, too, as I've been happily using it for the past 6 months but Manslayerliz beat me to it! Great review, Liz. Here are my two cents: I don't usually like lip balms but I love this one! It is very moisturizing and comfortable on the lips and it tastes yummy...

I would rate it / 5.

Wow, 6 months! When you bought it, was Julie doing what she is now and donating all the proceeds to a cat rescue charity? I really, really love that she's doing this--- now when I use my lip balm I can enjoy how yummy it is, and I also feel good knowing that the proceeds are going to such a good place, ya know?

Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:56 pm      Reply with quote
I know what you mean! Smile She was donating to a cat rescue charity at that time too which was initially why I added it to my order. I think it is very cool that she is continuing to do this.... And it's a great product to boot.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Liz,

Thanks for such a nice review. I too, have this balm that was given to me free of charge with my perfect complexion order. Julie really is a sweet person.

I haven't used Duwop's lip balm before but have tried their hand cream before which was extremely sweet (almost sickeningly so), so expected Julie's balm to be more sweet, but it's actually very subtle. i actually can't taste or smell the buttercream very much if at all. I am wondering if i got a more diluted batch?

Kristen~

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 6:52 am      Reply with quote
I got this as a sample too..I really like the feel. As an added bonus my lips are pink rather than being the same color as my face.

I may not be coherent -no coffee yet
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:52 am      Reply with quote
skincareaddicted wrote:
Hi Liz,

Thanks for such a nice review. I too, have this balm that was given to me free of charge with my perfect complexion order. Julie really is a sweet person.

I haven't used Duwop's lip balm before but have tried their hand cream before which was extremely sweet (almost sickeningly so), so expected Julie's balm to be more sweet, but it's actually very subtle. i actually can't taste or smell the buttercream very much if at all. I am wondering if i got a more diluted batch?

Kristen~

Hi skincareaddicted! Yes, to tell you the truth, the smell and taste of Julie's Butter Cream balm is quite diluted compared to the taste of Duwop's Buttercream balm. Actually, when I'm wearing Duwop's Buttercream balm, not only do my lips TASTE like buttercream, but sometimes during the day I'll catch a whiff of cupcakes and think to myself "Oh my goodness, delicious cupcakes, where are they?" and then I'll just realize that it's my lip balm, lol!! That, along with the nice texture, is why Duwop's Buttercream balm is HG for me. In comparision, Julie's balm definitely doesn't smell as strongly (I can smell it in the tube, but not so much when I'm actually wearing it), and it actually doesn't taste like much of anything to me. So, in this category I guess the Duwop Buttercream comes out ahead, but the texture of Julie's balm is so lovely (and I love that it's not packed full with waxes), I can overlook the smell and taste not being as strong. And I sure do love the vanilla pudding/honey scent of Julie's balm!! So, they're both HG for me, but you still might also want to check out Duwop's Buttercream balm in the future. It's not as strong as the hand cream, so I think you'd like it. I will also report back when I try the Ganache for Lips Vanilla Mousse, so I can compare it to these two buttercream balms.^-^

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, does anyone know the ingredients of this lip balm?
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
It's on her site. Go look.
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

C, like I said in my review, Julie does not make ingredients lists available. However, you can see a list of all the ingredients she uses in skincare on her website, I believe. Sorry I can't give you any more info than that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just found out that Duwop's Buttercream lip balm has been discontinued, darn it! Thank goodness for Perfect Complexion's Butter Cream!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:52 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

I got this from Julie:

You are allergic to honey which is a derivative of beeswax and you are most likely allergic to bees too!
But yes it contains natural beeswax not synthetic. If you are not allergic to bees or honey then you can wear this because you are allergic to SYNTHETIC BEESWAX (they process it with chemicals). If you were allergic to natural beeswax, you would not be able to eat honey by products and you would be an epi-pen carrier for bee stings. So make sure to ask your allergist...because beeswax allergy is anything derived from the comb and bee pollen. IF you eat honey and don't carry an epi pen,.then you are allergic to synthetic beeswax,. the type of chemicals used in lipstick, furniture polish, etc Its a carbomer, thickener and stabilizer. If thats what you refrain from..then you can USE this..its allllllll natural!!
Here are the ingredients ...you may give it away to a friend....they will enjoy it..its awesome!
olive Fruit Oil Stevia Siberian Ginseng Ginkgo Biloba Extract coconut Oil natural beeswax 11 types of shea butter, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Retinol Palmitate (vitamin A), Soy natural vanilla

HTH!
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
BTW... Julie said that it's suppose to get sweeter the more you use it. The diluted taste is from the active ingredients on top.
katee
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have two separate ones of Julie's lip balm. In one, it is true that it got a tiny bit sweeter as I used it. The other was much sweeter from the start!

It's lovely stuff, though.

Julie does lots of rescue work with animals in this area - especially feral cats.

gotta love somebody who does their part to help furbies imo....
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
I don't like it at all. It's too mushy, and does nothing for my lips.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 16, 2007 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
manslayerliz wrote:
Well, I just found out that Duwop's Buttercream lip balm has been discontinued, darn it! Thank goodness for Perfect Complexion's Butter Cream!

Hi Liz! I don't think Duwop's buttercream lip balm is discontinued. I bought the duwop soon after reading your review cause i just couldn't help myself and wanted to compare it to Perfect complexion's perfect kisser. Duwop's buttercream lip balm is still available:

http://shop.duwop.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=140

Now that i have been using both for a few months, i have to say i definitely prefer the perfect kisser. the duwop is a great too, but it can get sickeningly sweet at times, but it's nice when i am hungry for dessert Smile. i find myself reaching for perfect kisser more often and am almost done with the tube.

~Kristen

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:03 am      Reply with quote
I am not usually a fan of lip balm, but this stuff is great. It is light and creamy, not heavy or sticky. A little goes a long way.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 23, 2007 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
I received another free butter cream kisser lip balm from Julie with my order that came today, and i realize i really do love it! i almost out of my first tube so it arrived just in time. I might have to fork out $15 a lipbalm from now on unless i learn how to make something similar!

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:30 am      Reply with quote
Hello everyone, and especially K Very Happy

I just have to reiterate what a lovely lip balm this is.

I have never really used lip balm before and haven't tried to increase my pout as I have full lips anyway. However I got this as a free sample from perfect complexion and I am addicted. If I cant see it in front of me I get scared that I may have lost it!!!

I wear those 12 hours lipsticks and they are a bit drying on my lips so when I put this on it moistens them, plumps them and helps exfoliate the dead skin. If feels superb and I love the feel of my lips now. Also it does seem to make my lips pinker and I now occasionally wear this instead of lipstick.

It truly is gorgeous. If I dont get it as a sample in my next order I will happily buy it!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Unlike the rest of you, this did nothing for my lips. It was mushy, and didn't penetrate at all.
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:
Unlike the rest of you, this did nothing for my lips. It was mushy, and didn't penetrate at all.

Was it too soft? Mine's not soft at all.. I was using it for about 2 weeks until it kind of made my lips become dry.. so I've stopped using it..
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:38 am      Reply with quote
yogi wrote:

Was it too soft? Mine's not soft at all.. I was using it for about 2 weeks until it kind of made my lips become dry.. so I've stopped using it..
yogi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, it was too soft. But also the ingredients themselves didn't do anything for my lips at all.
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:09 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |