Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Are you an organized person?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
kez
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:17 am      Reply with quote
Just wondering how many people out there are organized, especially dealing with kids and the house. I am not and i am getting more and more frustrated with my house and how untidy it always is. If you are organized how do you do it? What tips do you have to share? Thanks any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
nyonyakay
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 4:32 am      Reply with quote
No, I am not anal retentive either, and this is absolutely fine with me!
shengyue
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:16 am      Reply with quote
not all,but a little.
Chrissie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:27 am      Reply with quote
I am single, work fulltime as a nurse and have a 5 year old. I'm training my little guy to pick up his own mess. He is responsible for his stuff, no toys in the living room...we dust together I make it a game to see who can finish first (somehow he always wins!) I wash clothes every night, so I'm not stuck with a mound over the weekend. I cant stand a mess, so I pick up as we go. Of course, there are times when I go into ~ FFMM ~aka Full Force Maid Mode and he knows to get outta my way!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:31 am      Reply with quote
In my mind I am an organised tidy person in real life I am not so hot. Embarassed
I am trying hard though at the moment & for the last few weeks I have been quite ruthlessly dejunking my house.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:16 am      Reply with quote
I am extremely organized and a very neat person. I have ADD and I find that working this way helps me concentrate better and retain more information.
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:18 am      Reply with quote
When someone walks into my house they think I am the most organized person. My house is always clean and tidy. Do not and I mean DO NOT open closets and draws. They are a mess and I am quite embarrassed. Embarassed No, I am not organized at all.
angel06
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:43 am      Reply with quote
sorry im not, but im trying Idea
tsjmom
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:02 am      Reply with quote
kez - this is a HUGE challenge for me w/ 3 kids as I am, by nature, a HIGHLY organized person.

First, I tell myself that our house is NOT a decorator house.

Second, I have tons of hooks, bins, files, etc so that each item/kid/etc has a place.

Third, I pitch A LOT of stuff (once again, I'm a pitcher, by nature so this is pretty easy for me).

Fourth, I insist the kids do their share.

Fifth, I realized that my family isn't as neat as I am, so if I want things a certain way I'm going to have to do more than my fair share.

And, last, I don't keep everything as neat as I'd like b/c I just simply don't want to be "working" all the time.
marci65
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:01 pm      Reply with quote
I am not an organized, tidy person. Clean, yes -- my house is clean. But I am a pile-maker of papers, no matter how hard I try not to be. I just cannot stay on top of things as well as I would like, working full time and coming home bone tired most nights, and needing time to relax. No matter how many times I've tried, I cannot convince myself that tidying up is a form of meditation and relaxation.
wildflower
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:41 pm      Reply with quote
I am totally organized to the point it's anal - but it works for me so I'm ok with it. LOL Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
I'm not a tidy person (or neat freak). But yes, I am clean. Bad Grin
dalguy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 13, 2007 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
Same with me wildflower. I couldn't have it any other way!
fishzebby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 1:07 pm      Reply with quote
I have things everywhere and I am forgetful...
haha...
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
Since when did being organized mean that one is anal or a neat freak? I think it shows that a person has order which in these hectic times is something refreshing. Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 4:56 pm      Reply with quote
tsjmom wrote:

Second, I have tons of hooks, bins, files, etc so that each item/kid/etc has a place.

So you hang your kids on hooks or put them in bins? I knew there was a better way! Laughing

In the words of the very fantastic (but mad as a bag of monkeys) Travis Bickle, one of these days I'm gonna get myself organazized!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 14, 2007 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
[quote="guapagirl"][quote="tsjmom"]

[/quote]

So you hang your kids on hooks or put them in bins? I knew there was a better way! Laughing [/quote]

Yes, guapagirl, that's exactly what I do - put 'em in the bins and close the closet door! Laughing
fifi
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:55 am      Reply with quote
I am pretty organised - I have a home filing system for all of our bank statements, documents, bills etc, and manage all of our finances and diary dates on the computer . I'm not so sure about tidy though - lots of books and clutter in our house Embarassed . The spare room is hubby's domain where he has all of his computer toys and guitar stuff - I know better than to try and tidy up that lot!
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
i'm trying to get more organized and i plan to buy these books: Peter Walsh from "Clean Sweep" tv show on TLC.

http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=523761

http://www.simonsays.com/content/book.cfm?tab=1&pid=503480

i've always been amazed by this man who's able to help people get rid of junk that holds them back from being really happy.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:47 am      Reply with quote
I am not very organized lately...Our condo is way too small even for me to be organized. My stuff is flooding everywhere in the condo. Its a mess Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am totally unorganized. My dh doesn't help matter either. He saves the most useless stuff. When he leaves on deployments I go through he stuff and trash things. I usually find such valuables as hotel soap, old razors, and plasticware. Rolling Eyes
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 15, 2007 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
My DH is very neat.. He gets frustrated when the place is messy. Crying or Very sad
doba
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:17 am      Reply with quote
I am not very organized. Rolling Eyes
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I tried tjsmom's tip this morning but the little buggers kept jumping off the hooks and they are too big to fit in the bins.

I did hoover this morning though. I feel so martha stewart Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:43 am      Reply with quote
No but I di have my moments. Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:26 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

EmerginC VitaminC + Retinol Mask (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Obagi ELASTIderm Eye  Cream (15 g / 0.5 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Mask Hydrating Gel (150 g / 5.1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |