Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
DermaRoller
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Nan5361

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:34 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I just posted a question on the Leaf and Rush dermaroller asking about marks so I thought I might post it here too. Has anyone had pinprick marks left from using the dermaroller or broken caps from it?

I have a few little blood/pinprick marks immediately after rolling in some areas but they disappear after I have rinsed my face. My face is flushed for awhile after rolling but my skin always looks good the next day (I roll at night before I go to bed). It will be interesting to know what Leaf and Rush say.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:35 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I just posted a question on the Leaf and Rush dermaroller asking about marks so I thought I might post it here too. Has anyone had pinprick marks left from using the dermaroller or broken caps from it?

The only thing I can think of is bruising which might look like pinprick marks, but that only last a couple of days. Have you gotten any more long-lasting marks? As for the broken caps, I believe it's supposed to help reduce them, not causing any more.
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:32 pm      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

The only thing I can think of is bruising which might look like pinprick marks, but that only last a couple of days. Have you gotten any more long-lasting marks? As for the broken caps, I believe it's supposed to help reduce them, not causing any more.

I've also had pick marks on my nose, but they do go away in a couple of days. My nose has always been sensitive.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Cadia wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

I've also had pick marks on my nose, but they do go away in a couple of days. My nose has always been sensitive.

It's impressive that you get marks on your sensitive parts - you clearly don't shirk your duty! Very Happy

I look truly horrible after rolling and the next couple of days. Swollen and bruised, but also so very proud! Wink
skincarefreak
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Cadia,

LOL!!! I've rolled twice and let me tell you...I think I'm hooked. I'm hoping to build resistance when it comes to my nose. Who knows maybe the 3rd time will be the charm? Anyhow, I think if it gets worse I just may by pass my nose, but at this time, I want to see what it will look like after the 3rd roll. So far it isn't so bad.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi Cadia,

LOL!!! I've rolled twice and let me tell you...I think I'm hooked. I'm hoping to build resistance when it comes to my nose. Who knows maybe the 3rd time will be the charm? Anyhow, I think if it gets worse I just may by pass my nose, but at this time, I want to see what it will look like after the 3rd roll. So far it isn't so bad.

Skincarefreak, you're a true blooded rollergirl! Very Happy

I'm so happy you like it! I completely understand the hooked part, but I'm sure you already knew that Laughing

It's fine to skip some areas, but I've found it to be surprisingly difficult Laughing Sometimes I've planned to do only part of my face, but I've ended up doing the whole face every time. Still, it's a great motivating strategy.

I haven't had much luck gaining resistance, but somehow it still gets easier every time. Maybe it's just about getting familiar with the treatments? Like the road feeling shorter when you've gone there often or something. Anyhow, I also believe you'll notice a change in the rolling soon. If not this time, then probably one of the next Smile
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
skincarefreak wrote:
Hi Cadia,

I just skip the nose.. just think I'm gonna have a beautiful face and an old nose Laughing
I hate the "tracks" I get on my nose when I roll it.

rebecca

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
AnnieR wrote:

Short answer - No, not one. In fact, I think it's helped my broken caps.

that made me perk up! i will try anything that wil help with broken caps
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 04, 2008 11:56 pm      Reply with quote
I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that you should not roller the nose.

As for broken caps - mine used to be really bad and in the past I've had a number of IPLs in order to treat them. However, since I've been needling there's been a huge improvement in them. I think it's because my skin is getting thicker. The ones on my chin were especially bad and even the IPL did very little to help - but now they're gone.
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 8:12 am      Reply with quote
I hope there's room for one more "roller girl" at this party Very Happy. You girls have been such an inspiration, not only with encouragement, but with the wealth of information you've given!!
I finally got delivery of my 1.5 cm Dr. Roller after 3 weeks of assaulting the postman every morning Rolling Eyes

Soooo, I'm about to take the big leap, but had a question re. spider veins. I have one that's about 1" long on my chin and I'm wondering if I should roll it or avoid it Confused I see some of you have had success with broken caps..., but I'm nervous about "bursting" the vein and having blood everywhere Laughing Any ideas?

TIA.

Anya
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Keliu: I've had real success with rolling but I have kept away from areas with broken caps. I am interested in your comments about progress in that area. Did you specifically try to puncture the caps or is it just that you think the skin is getting thicker. The veins on my hands now show less because the skin is thicker but they are larger and further under the skin. The caps are red and near the surface.
ThanKs.
kj68
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Well ladies, I took the plunge...ordered mine last night...should be here next week. Can't wait...(I can't wait for pain? Whats wrong with me?) Think
Rebecca1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
kj68 wrote:
Well ladies, I took the plunge...ordered mine last night...should be here next week. Can't wait...(I can't wait for pain? Whats wrong with me?) Think

Honestly, its not painful...more of an exquisite form of torture Laughing You'll love it!!!

rebecca

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
I hope there's room for one more "roller girl" at this party Very Happy. You girls have been such an inspiration, not only with encouragement, but with the wealth of information you've given!!
I finally got delivery of my 1.5 cm Dr. Roller after 3 weeks of assaulting the postman every morning Rolling Eyes

Soooo, I'm about to take the big leap, but had a question re. spider veins. I have one that's about 1" long on my chin and I'm wondering if I should roll it or avoid it Confused I see some of you have had success with broken caps..., but I'm nervous about "bursting" the vein and having blood everywhere Laughing Any ideas?

TIA.

Anya

Hi Anya,

I don't have answer for you, but I did want to welcome to you to the thread!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
sharky wrote:
Keliu: I've had real success with rolling but I have kept away from areas with broken caps. I am interested in your comments about progress in that area. Did you specifically try to puncture the caps or is it just that you think the skin is getting thicker. The veins on my hands now show less because the skin is thicker but they are larger and further under the skin. The caps are red and near the surface.
ThanKs.

I definitely haven't tried to puncture the caps but I haven't avoided rolling over them either. I honestly think the caps are disappearing because my skin is getting thicker. I don't think that caps are so near the surface of the skin that they could be burst by rolling - just roll over them gently at first and slowly build up and see how you go.
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi ladies!

I've been using the .75mm for a couple of months and really liking it. I think that length of needle would be more for better product absorption than anything else.

So, I decided to graduate to the l.5mm Dr. Roller, and received it yesterday. Wow! The needles really are long compared to what I'm used to Surprised
My question is, how often should I use the l.5mm? I was thinking once a week. Does that sound about right? I don't want to overdue it.
Thanks.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Hi Debster and congratulations on your new roller! Smile

Once a week sounds fine to me. I think it's more important for motivation than to avoid overdoing - unless you are really brutal, of course Wink Some people here do it twice or three time a week with great results.

The max once a week limitation is based on rolling that goes on until there's not a bit of normal skin in sight and then it takes about a week just to heal. If you look at the pictures of professional rolling, the skin probably looks quite a bit worse than what most of ours do after rolling. The important thing is that you give your skin time enough to heal in between your sessions.

Hope you'll keep us posted.

Cadia Smile
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I haven't had any permanent marks but it just made me wonder as I have heard of people popping their veins with needles so I thought I would ask (never done that myself).

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:54 am      Reply with quote
snowqueen67 wrote:
kj68 wrote:

Honestly, its not painful...more of an exquisite form of torture Laughing You'll love it!!!

rebecca

Laughing I agree!

Welcome kj68! Very Happy And just for the record, none of us roller girls will find it strange that you long for your roller to arrive - in a while you'll probably have forgotten all about that kind of self-critical questioning Laughing

Hope it arrives soon and to hear about your debut Smile
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:58 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I haven't had any permanent marks but it just made me wonder as I have heard of people popping their veins with needles so I thought I would ask (never done that myself).

Glad to hear that! I think you got us all a little worried about your results after reading that post. Smile
Debster1000
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:40 am      Reply with quote
Cadia wrote:
Hi Debster and congratulations on your new roller! Smile

Once a week sounds fine to me. I think it's more important for motivation than to avoid overdoing - unless you are really brutal, of course Wink Some people here do it twice or three time a week with great results.

The max once a week limitation is based on rolling that goes on until there's not a bit of normal skin in sight and then it takes about a week just to heal. If you look at the pictures of professional rolling, the skin probably looks quite a bit worse than what most of ours do after rolling. The important thing is that you give your skin time enough to heal in between your sessions.

Hope you'll keep us posted.

Cadia Smile

Thanks Cadia!

I'll start out with once a week and see how it goes.
sharky
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I rolled my chin today that has one red broken cap. The cap does look fuzzier and darker like I did pop it. Let you know what it looks like after a couple of days.

Keliu did your caps look darker first before the look better? My rollers are 1.5mm.
Thanks.
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:

TIA.

Anya

Hi Anya Smile

I missed your post, but I'm glad you joined us! Very Happy Thank you so much for the comment about assaulting the postman, it made me laugh and really brightened my rainy day here Laughing

I'm not of much use when it comes to the vein issue, but it's an interesting aspect that I would also like to hear more about.

Please let us know how your rolling goes.

Cadia Smile
anya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Cadia and Skincarefreak for the lovely welcome Very Happy I'm going to "roll" tomorrow (the b/f's here for the weekend - he'd have me certified if he knew!).
I got some numbing cream, so thought I'd use it on my first "go". I'll keep you updated for sure - especially re. the spider vein. I read somewhere it's supposed to clear them up - sure hope so Laughing
Cadia
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
anya wrote:
Thanks Cadia and Skincarefreak for the lovely welcome Very Happy I'm going to "roll" tomorrow (the b/f's here for the weekend - he'd have me certified if he knew!).
I got some numbing cream, so thought I'd use it on my first "go". I'll keep you updated for sure - especially re. the spider vein. I read somewhere it's supposed to clear them up - sure hope so Laughing

The setting sounds familiar - this really is a beauty secret, isn't it? Laughing

I also think I've seen that it's supposed to help remove spider veins, but I can't remember where. It would be so great if it did.

I have some around my nostrils, but as that is such a difficult area to roll, they don't get rolled as thoroughly as the rest of my face. I do my best though and they have not gotten any worse, but I don't know if they have improved much either Confused Maybe that takes some time too?

Still, it's going to be interesting to hear what happens to Sharky's in a few days.

Good luck on your rolling! Very Happy
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |