Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)
Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Bath --- LOVE IT!!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
Next up in my reviews of the Burt's Bees Baby Bee products: Baby Bee Buttermilk Bath powder. This is a simple and somewhat expensive product, but it works fabulously and it smells better than bath products that cost 10X as much. Buttermilk Bath is a powder that you put in the bath water, either for baby's bath or your own bath, to soothe dry and irritated skin and leave your skin soft and sweet-smelling. This is my favorite way to relax after a long day, and it always leaves my skin sooooo silky. I also use it in my foot bath before a pedicure and I soak my hands in it before a manicure.

Recently DH and I went to Minnesota to see my in-laws. The weather was even colder and drier than here in Ohio, so within a day the skin on my body was dry and itchy all over. Luckily I came prepared, so at the end of the day I ran a warm bath, dumped in some of this Buttermilk bath, and as I soaked I rubbed Baby Bee Apricot Oil into my skin. When I got out of the bath, not only was I not dry or itchy anymore, but my skin felt like absolute silk. DH noticed how soft I was too, and he couldn't keep his hands off of me! (Sorry if that's TMI, guys... Wink ) The yummy smell also helped relax me after a day of traveling etc.

If you pay retail cost, this stuff runs around $15 for 9 oz. It might seem expensive for just some powdered milk, but it is soooo worth it! If you would like to try before you buy, there's a single-use packet of it in the Baby Bee try-me kit. You can also get it for less at sites like vitacost.com where it's $10.39.

Ingredients:
Nonfat Dry Milk, Whole Dry Buttermilk, Fragrance

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Great review Liz. I love this stuff too!

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:46 pm      Reply with quote
Same here! I LOVE it!
zumlya
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds good! Seems easy enough to make, but the bottle is too cute. I'd make a one time purchase just for that. Great idea for the pedicure and manicure.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 21, 2007 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I remember when Burt's Bees was just little tins of lip balm in The Body Shop.

I have tried almost all of BB's products. I love them. Thanks for the review - I can't wait to try this product!
Sel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 22, 2007 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds lovely! I'm really into bath products at the moment and have been using the Dr H bath oils for the past few weeks, but I really want to try this now. Thanks for the review.
kellyks
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this for years, first those little yellow packets and a few months ago I finally broke down and bought the large bottle, well worth the price. It makes my skin say 'ahhhhh" in these winter months.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Ok, I'm on Vitacost.com, and I'm order this one! Smile Rolling Eyes
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:45 pm      Reply with quote
Liz, have you tried Burt's Bees Body and Bath oil? If so, how does it compare to the Baby Bee Apricot Oil? Smile
melissa49
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:50 am      Reply with quote
I love anything that is bath related!!!

I wonder if it would work if I just put a handful of milk powder into the bath - like what you can buy at the supermarket???? Shock
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
Liz, have you tried Burt's Bees Body and Bath oil? If so, how does it compare to the Baby Bee Apricot Oil? Smile

I haven't, Poohlisey. I think in terms of moisturizing it would probably be similar to the Baby bee oil since it has similar ingredients, however, I'm so thrilled with the Baby bee oil that I never bothered trying the other one. HTH!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
I just got the apricot oil!! It smells GORGEOUS! I got the full size 8oz! Very Happy Can't wait to slather it all over my body!!
manslayerliz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:58 pm      Reply with quote
poohlisey wrote:
I just got the apricot oil!! It smells GORGEOUS! I got the full size 8oz! Very Happy Can't wait to slather it all over my body!!

Yay, I'm so glad you like it! Rub some on right before you get out of the bath or shower--- your skin will be soooo silky!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 08, 2007 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to give an update. This is still my FAVORITE bath product. Today I'm suffering from terrible cramps and overall yuckiness due to TTOTM, so I ran a nice warm bath and poured a generous amount of this buttermilk bath under the running water. The sweet scent calmed me, and when I got out of the bath I felt wonderful and my skin was soft and lightly scented. LOVE this stuff!

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I have been looking at this for a while and you have convinced me now to give it a try.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
I love Burt's Bees sweet fragrance and cute bottle.Its body products are very excellent,but cleansers are not suitable for oily acne skin.Because so oily and sticky..
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
I love Burt's Bees sweet fragrance and cute bottle.Its body products are very excellent,but cleansers are not suitable for oily acne skin.Because so oily and sticky..
Cuddles
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Love it!!! It smells soooo good!
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
I love this too.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
This sounds really good. Do they have this BB powder in Canada?
Judy Chen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:28 am      Reply with quote
I don't know. Maybe you can visit their official website and check.
Yen
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 5:59 pm      Reply with quote
displaced wrote:

Yes, they do. I've seen it at Loblaws, health food stores, drugstores (i.e. Pharma Plus).

Try this (BTW Forever Natural is the Canadian Distributor of BB):
http://www.forever-natural.com/canadianstores.htm

HTH Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:31 pm      Reply with quote
LOL - I pour a half-packet of powdered milk into my nightly baths.

I've just started using buttermilk - rub it all over me, let it sit and take a bath - because it's fermented and fermented dairy products are the latest craze. To me, it smells like Phisohex (remember that? I think it's the base for some infomercial acne products because the one I use smells like it.)

Eventually I'll re-read the kefir ferment discussions to see what active ingredients they put into it.
displaced
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Yen wrote:
displaced wrote:

Yes, they do. I've seen it at Loblaws, health food stores, drugstores (i.e. Pharma Plus).

Try this (BTW Forever Natural is the Canadian Distributor of BB):
http://www.forever-natural.com/canadianstores.htm

HTH Smile

Thanks! I'll check it out.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:35 am      Reply with quote
I'm going to order this ASAP!!!

I used my small sample last night with a splash of the Apricot oil in my bath, afterwards I put on the lotion and cream in my dry areas and a dusting of powder...I smelled soooo good!

I wish they would bring back the solid perfume Crying or Very sad

Mon May 20, 2024 3:21 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Bioelements Collagen Rehab Mask (50 ml) Skin Biology Super GHK-Copper Intensive Serum (15 ml / 0.5 oz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |