Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
:: Review :: Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nelly4
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
I really hate the smell of this and from what I can remember, this did nothing for my skin when I tired it a couple of years ago. It just felt like it was on and then off again without really cleansing it. I much prefer the thicker texture and smell of Jurlique's Face Wash Cream.
jadecoin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
I've used this product ,I love this product, It has a nice light scent that I like especially for morning
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 17, 2008 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
i gave up on this

i must be weird because i actually liked the smell

i didn't like the fact that it contained orange in it (photosensitizer)

the "method" didn't do much for me

and after continued use i found that even though it left a film on my face, it dried out my skin Sad
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I'm really glad you tried this AND liked it too! Smile

I remember the beer comment being made before and I must say I was quite confused by it. Then again I'm not much of a beer drinker and I don't get to smell it all that often (liquer Port and white wine for me thanks!) so I'll just trust you both on that one.

Have you seen much difference in terms of your pores after starting to use this? For me the difference was very noticeable in terms of the little blackheads on my nose. I do have quite a few products that are effective at removing blackheads but seeing as our pores fill up with gunk everyday it really makes sense to clean them out everyday too instead of waiting for the stuff to oxidise and turn black. Well, that's my two cents anyway Smile

Mabsy

I'm now also using the cleansing cream. Actually I don't think it works as a cleanser, but a post-cleanser stuff.

After rinsing it off, you can feel a thin and nice layer left on your skin. It seems to be a natural oil, which helps skin go back to soft and smooth state.
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
jadecoin wrote:
I've used this product ,I love this product, It has a nice light scent that I like especially for morning

I also like the smell, not bad.

But I'm not as lucky as you are. I only have 10 mins to get up, dress up, brush teeth, wash face, use only cream, bring lunch, and go out of the door. Idea
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
This cleanser worked fine for the 1st few days but it clogged up my pores afterwards. Gave me massive break-outs. I would never buy again
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
samanthalow wrote:
This cleanser worked fine for the 1st few days but it clogged up my pores afterwards. Gave me massive break-outs. I would never buy again

I had a similar experience. Very clogged pores that took a long time to recover. Although others have had such great results with this cleanser, I am not one of them.
samanthalow
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
I agree. Very, very long time. I even had to see a dermatologist to undo the damage. NOT recommended.
southernsun
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:24 am      Reply with quote
This is one Hauschka product that I don't fully understand. It's a cleanser that doesn't cleanse, at least it doesn't it with my skin. Nonetheless I like other aspects of it, the feel, the scent... So I use some other cleanser and the Hauschka cleansing cream afterwards, sometimes, just for fun Wink.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, can't wait to try!
jjvk
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:04 pm      Reply with quote
It really works. Very Happy
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using this cream for 3 days and I love it. It's true you have to use make-up remover for your make-ups or sunscreens, so I use it as a second step of cleaning.
honeychan
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
gracedhy wrote:
I have been using this cream for 3 days and I love it. It's true you have to use make-up remover for your make-ups or sunscreens, so I use it as a second step of cleaning.

Darn, that sort of defeats the purpose of a milky cleanser for me. :/
PSF's Green Tea milk cleanser also doesn't take off sunscreen but its ingredients looks more appealing to me than Dr. Hauschka's.
sunteana
5% products discount

Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:02 am      Reply with quote
I love Dr. Hauschka lip balm.Is this cleansing cream fit for combination and acne?
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:18 am      Reply with quote
sunteana wrote:
I love Dr. Hauschka lip balm.Is this cleansing cream fit for combination and acne?

sunteana, I think you should try it and decide for youself.
I have combo skin and this cleansing cream caused me pimples, while other people rave about it. We all are different Wink

5% products discount

Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:04 am      Reply with quote
Starting the use of Hauschka products with the Hauschka facial made a huge diffrence for me especially when I comes to the cleansing creme.

My skin is very dry and sensitive. I tried to use hauschka cleansing creme in the summer but had to stop since my skin got relly irritated and bad. A couple of weeks ago I had a Hauschka facial which did absolutely wonders to my face and since then my skin has loved the cleansing creme and I experience a wonderfully clean and nurtured feeling every time I use it. As if my skin had needed to be opened and supported before it was able to take anything in.

Of course, now Ive only been using these products for a couple of weeks so I dont know what is yet to come. Nevertheless, these products seem to be quite a special deal and it seems to be helpful to have some support from a Hauschka beautician who can help when problems arise. I was amazed how my skin could react so differently after one single facial!
sgresnic
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:00 am      Reply with quote
Juniper - my experience has been inconsistent too - and I think it was seasonal too. In the summer it made me break out, but in the winter the CC (and a Dr. H moisturizer) do my skin wonders, and seem to calm the acne.

I don't get it.

5% products discount

Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:15 am      Reply with quote
Nice to hear that someone has had a similar experience.. I didnt come to think of it that the difference in season might also have been a reason for my different reactions.. interesting..

It is so tempting to think that you could find something that will always work on your skin, now and forever.. at least with sensitive skin that seems to be a dream that will never come true. Oh how I want to UNDERSTAND my skin and work with it !!! Smile
emma-claire

Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
After reading some of these reviews last week, I fell in love with my Cleansing Cream all over again, but this time trying to use the methods described in others posts.
I have been purchasing this product from EDS for some time now and it never disappoints. Just must remember to use on a very regular basis, like every day or every other day. Actually I think that no-one should live without this product!!!
Cheers
nekosen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
emma-claire wrote:
After reading some of these reviews last week, I fell in love with my Cleansing Cream all over again, but this time trying to use the methods described in others posts.
I have been purchasing this product from EDS for some time now and it never disappoints. Just must remember to use on a very regular basis, like every day or every other day. Actually I think that no-one should live without this product!!!
Cheers

I think if I use it everyday I'll easily get bored~ HA~
ceci
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:20 pm      Reply with quote
this cleansing cream is actually a very good deep cleansing. it made me feel very clean.
but it just can only used about one month.

i didn't know how to use it properly at the first time. i read some reviews: should be used along with water, and by both palms with pumping touches on the face.
lily_lily
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm now using it. It seems to suit my normal to dry skin very much in winter. It absolutely gentle to delicate layers of skin. After rinsing it off, you can feel your skin soft and smooth.
gaara
5% products discount

Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:48 am      Reply with quote
Yeah I think I have a break out but it goes away soon. I like the feeling of gently exfoliating with the almond paste. It is actually a very old and yet famous cleansing agent I read from the book. My skin can't stand most of the other scrubbing products; they just hurt.
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I've just ordered the Dr H CC.

I have some questions..
Can I or should I use any type of Retinol or AHA BHA product after cleansing with this product. Is there a risk of "overdoing" the skin?

Do you use the hole Dr product line, or do you get good results with a brand mixing?
harriet
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 07, 2009 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think Dr H line says to not strip the skin and leave the skin acid barrier. That is why they say press and role not rub and don't use AHA's either. So the retinol would not be in keeping with their philosophy. Their various web sites are very useful and elaborate on their cleansing approach and use of botanicals and oils. The product ingredients on saffron are useful. I quite like the line and am having good results. The clay mask is great for clearing the pores.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |