Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Dr. Hauschka cleansing cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
mumushop
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 8:41 am      Reply with quote
I bought this and I have only used this once so far, but I really LOVE it already.
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 9:08 am      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Diana,
I started to see more impurities come to the surface when I first started DrH. Then I gradually incorporated more items from the line, like the Toner, Moisturizer, SS, Eye cream. Now I think I may try adding the Facial Steam solution to help my skin heal itself. It's def more gentle than all the peels & scrubs I was subjecting my skin to, and perhaps takes a while to realize a dramatic change. I do see subtle positive improvements tho and I think my face looks more radiant and natural without all the makeup, serums, correctors, concealers, powders, yaddayadda, I was using. I like a healthy natural look and this line is all about that!

I was using the facial steam and clay mask for a few weeks before I started using the CC. I loved both, which is why I thought I would try the CC. Just a tip, I bought one of those facial steamers and only add one tsp of the facial steamer, instead of the 2 tbsp in a bowl of water. Goes alot further that way.

So how long did you see the impurities, and how bad was it? I was using the CC in the am and pm and I got whiteheads the first week but were gone in a few days. Then the blackheads started about the second week which have gotten abit better but still haven't cleared up. After using the CC, my skin gets small bumps all over which aren't real noticeable but I think this may be congestion? So I started using the CC at pm only, followed by the night conditioner. Skin would look like crap before I went to bed, by great by morning. I'm just not sure how much longer to keep trying the CC? The night conditioner has been my saviour during this time.
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
DHCC is one product that never ended up working for me. I gave it a month and it just kept clogging my pores. I ended up having to really up my routine the next month to get my skin back to "normal" again (took over a month!).

I tried to work through it, but my face looked like it did back in high school and I gave up. Since then I've been tempted to give it another try, but I'm afraid to, as I'm finally able to get my skin clear most days.
And I don't want to mess that up.

In my opinion, if it's still not working after a month (a skin cycle) I don't use it anymore.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 06, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
ParisTroika, i have the same problem like you when i used DHCC. But now i am using Jurlique Facial Cream Wash and my skin is loving it. "touchwood" have been using it for about 2 weeks and it does not clog my pores like DHCC. Both Jurlique Facial cream wash and DHCC are quite similiar, but i find jurlique's one is not so oily and does not clog pores. I have bad experiences when using DHCC.
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 09, 2007 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
i'm down to my 5th tube and i love this product! I usually use this product while in the shower in the am. First i use cleansing milk to get dirt and oil off my face and then follow it by DHCC, i press and roll for about a minute and leave it on my face for about a couple more minutes and rinse off.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 1:36 am      Reply with quote
i am using the jurlique at the moment and I think it does help my skin quite a bit. I just don't know whether to try the dr H instead. i am already pretty congested and i don't want to risk getting more!!
ParisTroika
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 6:17 am      Reply with quote
bella77 wrote:
i am using the jurlique at the moment and I think it does help my skin quite a bit. I just don't know whether to try the dr H instead. i am already pretty congested and i don't want to risk getting more!!

If Jurlique works, I'd stick with that. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 10, 2007 10:39 pm      Reply with quote
Diana,
The "purification" process is just coming to a head (sorry) now, and I've been using it for, I don't know, 3-4 wks. A lot of hard white bumps old and new came to the surface and just now are beginning to be sloughed off. I use the CC am and pm after Cleansing Milk. I too think the RNC is a Godsend. My face feels so purely clean when I wake up, not goopy or tight. I read the ingr and it's homeopathic mostly, which I have had good results from taking in subligual form, ie, rhus tox for arthritis, and my allergy homeopathic from Heel, which works better than Rx for me wo the expense and side effects. I guess like anything it either works for you or it doesn't. Trial and error til you get a program going! Ah, but what fun trying...What I love about Dr H is the herbal aromatherapy hit - it's rather addicting! Hang in there if you think it's working, but if it's not for you, there's a ton of other goodies out there!
HTH. fawnie.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
a friend recommends this brand, and after viewed your review, i think it worthes to try Smile
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 15, 2007 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
fawnie wrote:
Diana,
The "purification" process is just coming to a head (sorry) now, and I've been using it for, I don't know, 3-4 wks. A lot of hard white bumps old and new came to the surface and just now are beginning to be sloughed off. I use the CC am and pm after Cleansing Milk. I too think the RNC is a Godsend. My face feels so purely clean when I wake up, not goopy or tight. I read the ingr and it's homeopathic mostly, which I have had good results from taking in subligual form, ie, rhus tox for arthritis, and my allergy homeopathic from Heel, which works better than Rx for me wo the expense and side effects. I guess like anything it either works for you or it doesn't. Trial and error til you get a program going! Ah, but what fun trying...What I love about Dr H is the herbal aromatherapy hit - it's rather addicting! Hang in there if you think it's working, but if it's not for you, there's a ton of other goodies out there!
HTH. fawnie.

Thanks fawnie. It's now been about 4 weeks and my skin is looking much better. I've made a few changes to my routine. Instead of using the CC at night, I use it in the mornings. At night I use EpidermxII followed by (daily at least for now) the Dr H revitalizing mask. After I wash it off I also use it as a spot treatment on top of the conditioner, and my skin is seeming to love that. I just got the toner from EDS today and plan on getting the cleansing milk on my next order.

Another thing that I think was causing me problems was that I have read that some members leave the CC on their skin for about 5 mins as a mask after they cleanse their face. So I was doing that but I don't think my skin liked it, because once I started using it in the mornings, and only using it for 2 mins, I started noticing a change in my skin in about 2 days.
TBLand

Fri Jun 29, 2007 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I use the CC at night, on face just for 1 or 2 min., on am leave for 5 min. then wash it off. It works wonderful, so clean and the pores are smaller after the 3rd use. I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
I ended up having to quit using the CC. I thought my skin was getting clearer and the purging process was over, but no such luck. My skin was just so congested. Too bad, because I read so many raves about it, and I bought 3 tubes. Oh well, I guess one more thing to pawn off on my DH. Laughing
michelec
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:29 pm      Reply with quote
I finally gave up on it too. My pores just stayed the same - clogged. I was feeling like I needed something for more exfoliation and cell turnover. So I went back to acids and masks.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like a lot of people like this product, while others have breakouts from it. Is this suitable for sensitive skin? I want to try it to help minimize my pores/congestion but I also have very sensitive skin so I don't know if this will be suitable for me. Does anyone have suggestions? TIA
damblues
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I got a sample set of Dr. H to try. It has the cc, cm, toner and 3 different creams. I did not like the cc - it felt funky on my face and I did not like how my face felt afterwards. I do like the cleansing milk - that made my face feel wonderful. The toner stung a bit and I do not know why but I think it is a miss for me. I used the Rose cream, very thick but absorbed well. I will use the rest of the cleansing milk. I will try the quince cream to see how it feels tonight.

If anyone is remotely interested in Dr. H, worth it to get the sample pack just to experiment with it before investing in full size product.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
damblues wrote:

If anyone is remotely interested in Dr. H, worth it to get the sample pack just to experiment with it before investing in full size product.

If you buy this in-person, it is also DEFINITELY worth asking a salesperson for free samples - so many Dr. H vendors have them, but you kind of have to know to ask!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, yes, I started with the sample pack! It is a great way to try out the Dr. H line. Some stores sell their samples for .99 cents each, too, or definitely ask to have some for free!

I love their cleansing cream, btw. I did have slight breakouts when I started but it's been years now and I still love it.
yeahyeah
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 20, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
After buying this cleansing cream for the 4th time, I am going to give this up. It does clean my skin and seems to make my skin smoother...but I think that with the other cleansers I am using I do not need another exfoliator/cleanser. I only repurchased due to cannot finding anything better but after using Burts Bees orange essence facial cleanser, JM's cleanser and other gentle cleansers, I think I do not need this anymore.

I wouldnt recommend this product for acne prone skin, as it has absolutely done nothing for me. My skin purged from first use, then afterwards, it removed some of my blackheads, but now with using JM bioclear, it has helped tremendously on my blackheads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:59 pm      Reply with quote
I am a bit confused, how come some people got their pores cleaned with the DHCC, while others got congested?
I am acne prone skin type, should I not use it at all? but I got black heads all the time. right now the only way to remove them is to squeeze. Rolling Eyes
chimera
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:03 am      Reply with quote
Try to get a sample size, grace. I had acne prone skin when I first started using the cleansing creme several years ago and I found it helped a great deal.
gracedhy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
chimera wrote:
Try to get a sample size, grace. I had acne prone skin when I first started using the cleansing creme several years ago and I found it helped a great deal.

I got a sample size, but it can only last for 4 washes,so far so good.
jjirak
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:41 am      Reply with quote
My skin didn't like this product. I could never get out of the "purging" phase. I was constantly broken out.
mooon
5% products discount

Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm surprised to know that so many ppl enjoy the smell. I really like the effect after using Dr. H's cleasing cream, but I always hold my breath when I wash my face. I don't know how long I can get used to the smell Question
scuzan
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:23 am      Reply with quote
I would like to know this CC suits oily skin or dry skin.
Thanks.
fletch_lives_on
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:13 pm      Reply with quote
I have used 3-4 tubes of this. I have combo acne-prone skin. I found it to be ok. I think I was too lazy to do the proper rolling action. It didn't seem to help my breakouts at all. I like the cleansing milk better.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Jul 27, 2024 3:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Opti Crystal Liquid Crystal Eye Serum (7 g / 0.25 oz) IS Clinical Reparative Moisture Emulsion (50 g / 1.7 oz) Tweezerman Petite Tweeze Set

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |