Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

WOW - DHC Deep Cleansing Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
I got free samples of DHC skincare products in the mail (thanks to whomever sold my personal info to DHC!). These were inside their catalogue.

I got the following: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture, Concentrated Eye Cream, and Velvet Skin Coat.

I tried the Deep Cleansing Oil last night. The smell was divine. It was easy to wash off. The instruction said to wash off with lukewarm water but I just used cold water. It was fine.

I noticed my skin seemed plumb and fresh after the cleansing. I then applied the DMAE, super CP serum, and then squalane oil.

This morning I woke up and there was no 11 lines and the fine lines at the corners of my eyes were gone. I was amazed. I believe I'm going to order this in full size.

I believe you can call them for free samples at 1-800-DHC-CARE (342-2273). I saw this on pg 16 of the catalogue where they were talking about their Olive Virgin Oil. I'm going to call them for a free sample of this, too.

The sample package of the Deep Cleansing Oil stated it was for one use, but I only used half of it.

So far I liked everything they sent me except the Velvet Skin Coat. That felt like I was coating my face with some slippery wet powder. But it did make my face very smooth and velvety. My housekeeper saw me yesterday and asked what I was using because my face was glowing. I told her I just tried these DHC products I got in the mail.

I almost forgot to add that my skin is dry and dehydrated especially under my eyes. The deep cleansing oil helped to minimize the dehydrated looks by about 80% after just one use. When I smiled, I used to be able to see lots of creases under my eyes, and these were minimized immediately after the cleansing oil treatment.

I'll write another review on the eye cream and the nighttime moisture once I finished the samples.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 4:15 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the Deep Cleansing oil for over a year; I love it. Everyone says it has a smell though, and I just can't detect it... I've also used the Concentrated eye cream. It's good for those who aren't looking for a wrinkle fixer, but just want to maintain and moisturize. I wouldn't suggest it for oily skin types, as it's rich. I moved on to using the DHC Co-Q10 eye cream. I don't like it as much, though it does more for my dark circles than the concentrated eye cream did... I think I've used all the DHC eye products, actually! I'd repurchase them all.

I've never used the Nighttime moisturizer, though. I think I've used samples and wasn't impressed.
pigpig
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 22, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
You are lucky. I got breakout when using DHC cleansing oil. Crying or Very sad
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:08 am      Reply with quote
I tried the sample of cleansing oil too. I liked it but wished I had a little more to try it more than once. Guess I should have stretched it out. It did wash off very easily.
How did you like the eyebright? Anyone tried it? I had the sample and I liked it but did not use it long enough to tell.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I tried the sample of cleansing oil, and it was too drying for me. I like the Laventine cleansing oil much better.
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:40 am      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
I tried the sample of cleansing oil too. I liked it but wished I had a little more to try it more than once. Guess I should have stretched it out. It did wash off very easily.
How did you like the eyebright? Anyone tried it? I had the sample and I liked it but did not use it long enough to tell.

I use Eye Bright every day-- I've written a review on EDS. I've repurchased it I like it so much. It really helps with dark circles in the morning, it dries quickly, and feels nice and cool. It also helps with dryness. And it's cheap! Only $20 regular price, and sometimes they put it on sale for $15.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:11 am      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
I got free samples of DHC skincare products in the mail (thanks to whomever sold my personal info to DHC!). These were inside their catalogue.

I got the following: DHC Deep Cleansing Oil, DHC Extra Nighttime Moisture, Concentrated Eye Cream, and Velvet Skin Coat.

I tried the Deep Cleansing Oil last night. The smell was divine. It was easy to wash off. The instruction said to wash off with lukewarm water but I just used cold water. It was fine.

I noticed my skin seemed plumb and fresh after the cleansing. I then applied the DMAE, super CP serum, and then squalane oil.

This morning I woke up and there was no 11 lines and the fine lines at the corners of my eyes were gone. I was amazed. I believe I'm going to order this in full size.

I believe you can call them for free samples at 1-800-DHC-CARE (342-2273). I saw this on pg 16 of the catalogue where they were talking about their Olive Virgin Oil. I'm going to call them for a free sample of this, too.

The sample package of the Deep Cleansing Oil stated it was for one use, but I only used half of it.

So far I liked everything they sent me except the Velvet Skin Coat. That felt like I was coating my face with some slippery wet powder. But it did make my face very smooth and velvety. My housekeeper saw me yesterday and asked what I was using because my face was glowing. I told her I just tried these DHC products I got in the mail.

I almost forgot to add that my skin is dry and dehydrated especially under my eyes. The deep cleansing oil helped to minimize the dehydrated looks by about 80% after just one use. When I smiled, I used to be able to see lots of creases under my eyes, and these were minimized immediately after the cleansing oil treatment.

I'll write another review on the eye cream and the nighttime moisture once I finished the samples.

Wow! You're lucky you got such a great result from using DHC Cleansing Oil. Unfortunately, I didn't. It was an ok product for me. A cheaper cleansing oil. Although I find it rinses clean, it also dries out my skin a bit but not as bad as Shu Uemura Cleansing Oil does. Anyway, if it works fine on your skin, I'd say it's a great purchase. It's inexpensive and a lot purer than many cleansing oils in the market which are mineral oil based.

Has anyone tried GoW Cleansing Oil?

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:47 am      Reply with quote
I had a breakout when using it Sad
TheresaL
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
I agree about this cleansing oil being drying. I find most cleansing oils to be at least somewhat drying and the DHC is so far the most drying of all the cleansing oils that I have tried.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 23, 2007 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
Violetanne-I will go look up that review. Thanks for passing that on. It seemed to be hydrating as well and a reasonable price.
Isn't it funny that a cleansing oil can be drying for some? I expected it to be too oily and not rinse off well, but it wasn't at all like that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:56 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, it's interesting how different people's skins react differently to products. I didn't expect to like it, but I think it won my vote. I plan to call for a free sample of the olive virgin oil to see if it's a good moisturizer. The DHC deep cleansing oil doesn't break me out, but I don't break out too easily. It also doesn't dry me out. How weird!
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:53 am      Reply with quote
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I just placed my order for some and will let you know. The ingredients are very similar to the DHC one but much less expensive and more organic. I got a sample of the DHC oil and loved it so this prompted me to purchase the GOW. I've used OCM in the past but haven't really liked it because it was so difficult to remove the oil. I felt like I was really pulling at my skin with the warm cloth to get it all off. However, now that I've tried one that is water soluble, I may have found a HG cleanser! My skin both days has been much more plump, clear and glowing and this was all I added to my routine (night-time only).
tinamarie8
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:

I always have a bottle of the DHC cleansing oil kicking around. It can be drying for me in the winter, so I tend to reserve it for summer use or for when I have worn heavy-duty sunscreen or makeup. DHC recommends following with a second cleanse with one of their soaps, but I have never used a cleanser after it; I don't feel the need to since it seems to remove everything. My sister loves the velvet skin coat; I have never tried it even though I have samples of it. I actually have a whole bag of DHC samples because they send them with each catalog and let you choose 4 samples with each order.

Tina
helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
bkkgirl wrote:
Yeah, it's interesting how different people's skins react differently to products. I didn't expect to like it, but I think it won my vote. I plan to call for a free sample of the olive virgin oil to see if it's a good moisturizer. The DHC deep cleansing oil doesn't break me out, but I don't break out too easily. It also doesn't dry me out. How weird!

agree with you, dhc cleaning oil don't break me out too, but make some of my friends break out! I just feel its smell weird!
NoNaMe
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
rainbowcheng wrote:
I had a breakout when using it Sad

Me too Mad
Lisey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
I did not breakout from it.. but it was too drying for me. It's a good cleansing oil though. Also, the olive oil was way too rich for me. You might like it if you have super rich skin. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:26 am      Reply with quote
TAMgirl99 wrote:
andaman_gypsy wrote:

I just placed my order for some and will let you know. The ingredients are very similar to the DHC one but much less expensive and more organic. I got a sample of the DHC oil and loved it so this prompted me to purchase the GOW. I've used OCM in the past but haven't really liked it because it was so difficult to remove the oil. I felt like I was really pulling at my skin with the warm cloth to get it all off. However, now that I've tried one that is water soluble, I may have found a HG cleanser! My skin both days has been much more plump, clear and glowing and this was all I added to my routine (night-time only).

I've tried so many commercial cleansing oils and none seems to work for me. Although I did use Shu Uemura's cleansing oil for several years, I now find it way too drying for my skin. I just ordered a cleansing oil sample pack from GoW and I'll see if any of them suits my skin. If not, I'll ask Markey to custom blend one for me. And if that still doesn't work out, I'll just stick with my Eve Lom cleanser.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using its olive soap for a time, and it did clean well. But for the oil, I still want to remind oily and acne prone skin people to be really careful, it is not safe for this type of skin. I suffered a lot from the breakout.
gwynethhung
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 04, 2007 6:22 pm      Reply with quote
its make up removing power is quite good. However, its smell is no good.
bkkgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 8:36 am      Reply with quote
blaziamm wrote:
I have been using its olive soap for a time, and it did clean well. But for the oil, I still want to remind oily and acne prone skin people to be really careful, it is not safe for this type of skin. I suffered a lot from the breakout.

Ahhh....no wonder! I am not prone to acne, so maybe that's why it was good for me.

Funny how our noses are different, too. I liked the smell of the DHC deep cleansing oil!!
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 9:19 am      Reply with quote
I heard the cleansing oil is effective for removing thick makeup and blackhead.
I like to use cleansing oil because my blakhead.But cleasing oil including mineral oil is bad to oily acne skin.
So I always worried about using it.
Recently I found 'L'occitane cleansing oil'.
Has anyone tried it? Embarassed
edenfield
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 05, 2007 10:42 am      Reply with quote
hehe what's "virgin oil"? Laughing
TAMgirl99
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:00 am      Reply with quote
I'm so bummed because my GOW cleansing oil arrived on Friday, BUT the stupid key the mailman gave me to the package box is bent and won't open it! I put a message in there last night to let them know so hopefully I will be able to get it tomorrow. In the meantime, my poor oil is just sitting there in this 85 degree heat. Crying or Very sad
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 07, 2007 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I've got breakout.
ykl
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 22, 2007 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Don't use cleasing oil. Many articles say it will cause ances. And I have used two bottles DHC cleasing oil. the cleansing effect is good. but it made me have ances. So I changed to use neutrogena deep cleansing milk, it is good and gentle. it works well on my sensitive skin. Razz
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:17 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |