Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Angelina Jolie & Marrianne Pearl interview Glamour Magaz
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » EDS Lounge
Reply to topic
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 6:46 am      Reply with quote
Many know that Angelina is playing MP's part in the movie about her husband the journalist Daniel Pearl's death when he was killed by terrorists in Pakistan.

From Glamour:

Angelina Jolie and Mariane Pearl, whom Jolie plays in the upcoming film "A Mighty Heart" are like two peas on a pod. Glamour magazine sat down with the pair for a candid conversation about Jolie's most challenging role yet and how she and her children ended up befriending Pearl and her family along the way.

Mariane Pearl: "One day a few years ago, I was alone in New York with Adam, still having a rough time [after Danny's death]. I read an interview with Angie in a magazine, about her and Maddox and her life as a single mom. And I thought, this woman could be my friend.... I'd never experienced anything like that before in my life. It was something in her tone, in the answers that she gave. I felt also that Maddox and Adam [then both about three] could be good friends. So I sent her a note saying, do you want to have a playdate?"
Angelina Jolie: "And I, on the other side of it, had been aware of you through the time that everything went down. I remember being amazed by your courage and your grace...And when I got the note, I was thrilled. Later I realized that Mariane and I are the two worst people to plan a playdate in the history of playdates."

Glamour: Why?

Angelina: "Because she hates the phone as much as I do. So it almost didn't happen! But when it finally did, I remember being really nervous, thinking, she's such an intelligent European woman--what are we going to do together? So we went to this serious, European, existential play--it seemed like the right thing [and it was supposed to be OK for kids]. But Adam and Mad got antsy, and finally halfway through, to each other's relief, we were both like, do you want to get out of here? And we ran out and went back to Mariane's place..."
Mariane: "We cooked pasta; it was actually good. And then we started talking about changing the world..."

Angelina: "...and about all the things we were passionate about. Her instincts were right--we did have so much in common. And all the kids are great friends now. Zahara is madly in love with Adam."

Glamour: So Angelina, here you are, knowing Mariane, being friends with her--and then you take on this role. That must add a layer that doesn't usually exist for an actress.

Angelina: "Yeah, and it's horrible. I was so nervous! I mean, it's like you're in a roomful of your closest friends and somebody says, "Why don't you get up and imitate the friend to your left?" Nobody would want to do that, ever!....I had to express the worst time in her life and [in the scene where Mariane is told of Danny's death] the moment when she received the worst information of her life. It became the worst acting day of my life -- and really, the hardest thing I've ever done."

The film, starring Jolie and produced by Brad Pitt's production company, will debut at Cannes in May and is due in theaters in June.

I thought Brad and Jennifer's production Company Plan B got the movie way back when they were together. I thought that is what it said in Jennifer's Vanity Fair interview when she said she would love to play the part.

But did they get it b/c Angie formed a bond with her and then it was possible to get rights to the story? OR just a cooincidence that she is friends with MP and Brad said "well that's interesting my company was going to make her story into a movie" Wouldn't that be something.

I just remember at some point that Jennifer said she really wanted that part and then we see that AG got it and some were bitter about that. (like you know it was JA production company when they got the story so JA should have been chosen first) But now that I know that Angie and MP were already friends, well then, noone else should play that part.
qisme615
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 01, 2007 7:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing this.
System
Automatic Message
Mon May 20, 2024 5:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |