Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Anyone managed to get rid of the 11's between eyebrows
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fatsia
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi

I've tried botox a couple of times - just made me look tired and angry. I have also tried both the relax-a-lines without success.

Any facial exercises or machines that could help? I use vit c serum and look after my skin...

Many thanks

F
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 3:20 am      Reply with quote
Hi fatsia, I think elevens are something you have to live with but I do think they can be reduced. I feel that mine have been reduced through use of Valmont and Remergent and that has made it easier for me to disguise them a little. At one stage they were too deep to disguise so I do know that they have been reduced. I have also, on a daily basis, used a small amount of Cellcosmet exfoliator in that area and I think that has helped as well.
The only other product that may have potential, but I have not tried it yet, is Ferox Pure Pulp. This product might work if applied just in the lines.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
If the botox made you look tired and angry the injector put it in the wrong place. Been having mine done for years and once went to someone else when my doc was out of town, and that happened to me. The right placement actually makes your eyes look rested and more open. Only thing that retrained that muscle to relax so now i hardly ever have to have it done.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
AnnieR wrote:
If the botox made you look tired and angry the injector put it in the wrong place. Been having mine done for years and once went to someone else when my doc was out of town, and that happened to me. The right placement actually makes your eyes look rested and more open. Only thing that retrained that muscle to relax so now i hardly ever have to have it done.

Ditto Annie. I tried Botox once to get rid of deep 11's and found that it helped prevent headaches. Apparently Botox has been used with some success in treating chronic headaches.
Anyway, been using it since and as long as it's injected correctly it does help the eyes look lifted and open.
I'm hoping that using CP'S and the DPL, etc. will help as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
Some people had great success with Frownies or similar tapes. If you do a search you will find a couple threads on this.
skinmelon
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hei, this is one of my favourite topic. I had a new thread on this and a lot of the responses are on using "frownies" and lessen facial expressions like squinting.

Anyway, I have not given up on using topicals on that area. Sofar, I have some successes using Perfect Complexion HA SOYLIFT (must use compress method) ALPHADERMA ACDE. I am sure that they have helped to some extent, though not completely eliminating it. I have not tried Botox.
Pilar
5% products discount

Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:54 am      Reply with quote
Botox, most definitely.

I don't understand how botox could have made you look angry?!?!? Where did your injector place it. Honestly, although I know botox doesn't work for everyone, what you are reporting makes absolutely no sense to me.
Pachouli
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 17, 2007 9:27 am      Reply with quote
Fatsia, it does make sense. Bad Botox gave Marie Osmond a Cruella De Ville look for awhile.

In my case, Botox just does not work. Neither strain. My derm theorizes I must have been exposed to botulism as a child. My PS suggested cutting a muscle, but I am just too young for that, and my derm said it was a terrible idea.

So I would love a cure for this too.
Isanine

Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:33 am      Reply with quote
I'm really liking Alpha Derma CE. My 11's and forehead wrinkles are much less visible and the skin along my jawline is tightened. I don't want Botox yet so will keep using this Alpha Derma or other topicals until I don't see any more results.
mom2tommax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:42 pm      Reply with quote
Relax-aline wokred on mine....but since you already tried that I guess I'm not much help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:15 am      Reply with quote
I tried Frownies but I just couldn't get it right. Plus I worried about the adhesive breaking me out. I need someone to either show me in person or do it for me a couple of times - I'm just too much of a klutz to do it w/o "training".
beeb
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
Frownies didn't work for me either--and I sometimes ended up with adhesive and paper stuck to my face
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 30, 2020 10:36 am      Reply with quote
I am reviving this thread as my 11s now are more prominent and i have one bunny line above my nose that is deeper. i don't want to do botox just yet, though i may toward the end of the year. i am about to hit 40 in a few days!

I just ordered Perfect Complexion's HA soy lift, and my order of Frownies just arrived.

For those using Frownies, do you feel like removal damages the skin any further? i read reviews on amazon from users saying that removal when the patch is wet is easier. i only wash my face once a day, at night, or post work out, so find this inconvenient.

i have been trying to soften the lines with the petitfee hydrogel eye patches (I use them on all over my face), retin-a, apeel correct, but they don't seem to work. i think i need something to flatten it out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2020 4:27 am      Reply with quote
Tried the frownies and they did not work for me.
I do a light peel on this area/line and a little needling after Botox.
But the only thing that really helps is the Botox. You cant do away with a wrinkle completely if your still making the motion, it only can help lessen it. Plus my derm does a smidge in the "bunny lines", that makes a huge difference!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2020 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
Being 46 years old and having 11's since my early 40's I can safely say that the only thing to reduce them was Botox or it's various other varieties. The only issue I had is my body metabolized it way too fast because apparently I have a strong liver. So it only worked for a few months. I gave up after that. However, I am going to get some filler in the lines, in addition to some major laser treatments.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 31, 2020 9:55 pm      Reply with quote
It sounds like botox is in my very near future. Thanks ladies.

Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:57 am      Reply with quote
Hello. I just spotted this thread and I wanted to say that I've managed to keep my 11s at bay. I tried Frownies (too expensive) but it made me realise I was frowning a lot in my sleep. So what I've been doing for ages now is simply cutting strip plaster and placing it in the correct position. I've realised that if I'm stressed I need to use two strips as otherwise one strip isnt strong enough to keep my skin from forming lines Rolling Eyes

This year I've realised that I am also frowning while I work on the computer. I work from home alone so I'm tempted to use them in the day too!

I have never tried Botox so I cant compare but I would suggest trying the plaster strip material. By the way I had to experiment with different brands as some were way too thin to work or irritated my skin. If I examine my forehand in the daylight after removing the patch it looks slighly shiny and the pores are minimised. But this wears off very quickly. The only downside is that sometimes it lifts my fake tan but I can cover that with makeup.

Hope this helps someone.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 30, 2020 4:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks that is good to know! I just had my yearly birthday botox and I love it. But in between this is a great option.
This time I got 20 units total and had a little in my forehead along with the 11's. I normally do not like much in that area as it can make my eyelids a little heavy if not done properly. My dr. does it so well though it really opened up my whole face and smoothed out the wrinkles. She does little dots of it in so many places, blink and she is done, along with the eyebrows/11 muscle. I have been using her for quite a few years, so I trust her ability to place it and gauge reaction.
I look so much more refreshed and it it also helps my computer headache.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I prefer Furless over Frownies. I buy from EDS.

https://www.essentialdayspa.com/furlesse-elevens-frown-li-p_15301.htm

Furless is easy to apply and remove and is transparent.

I have read of people using medical tape also.

I don't know of anything topical that works.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 5:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |