Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

.:REVIEW:. emerginC Multi-vitamin + Retinol Serum
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:54 am      Reply with quote
I have been using this product for just over a week now, & I'm pleased to say that I think it must be *working* as a few people have actually told me my skin is glowing! Very Happy

I was actually a bit suprised to see there were no reviews for this product seeing as it seems to be one of the EDS bestsellers! hmm So here is my input....

I had been searching for a non-oily, multi-vitamin based anti-oxidant serum for a while now, especially after my Beautician advised me that my skin would benefit from using one from a young age! So I finally discovered the emerginC & I was very pleased with the ingredients listing when I first saw it & the fact that it's paraben free (which is a new caution thing for me). I quite like the texture of this product, even though it can feel just a bit sticky when first applied, overall it's very lightweight & non-greasy. It promises to strengthen skin & reduce broken capillaries...unfortunately I have very sensitive skin so I have a lot of these Sad, but I do honestly think they are starting to "diminish" slightly as my cheeks are looking a little less ruddy imo! At the moment I am using this instead of my moisturiser & I'm just using a sunscreen on top (the serum has no SPF in it), it's also very concentrated so you only need 1-2 tiny pumps to get enough for your whole face & neck. I'm not sure what the long-term benefits will be, but it is supposed to increase cell turnover & it has "anti-aging" properties (like most serums I guess Confused). But overall so far I'm very pleased with this product & like I said it has only been a week or so since I've started using it.

Thus far I think probably give it a 4 out of 5.
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:01 am      Reply with quote
Safire, thanks for the review as I have often wondered about this product. Do you know how much retinol it contains. Does it show the percentage, what type of retinol and how far down in the ingredients list is it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:06 am      Reply with quote
bushy wrote:
Safire, thanks for the review as I have often wondered about this product. Do you know how much retinol it contains. Does it show the percentage, what type of retinol and how far down in the ingredients list is it.

Hi Bushy

Unfortunately it doesn't say/have any percentages listed. But I don't think it has a very high percentage as it's listed in the middle somewhere. Here's the list of ingredients (Retinol in bold)...

Ingredients:
Green Tea, Mimoza Extract, Ethoxydiglycol & Hops Extract & Marticaria (Chamomile) Extract & Balm Mint Extract & Yarrow Extract & Fennel Extract & Panthenol & Calcium Pantothenate & Allantoin (Sedaflor Complex), Sweet Almond Extract, Propanediol, Xanthan Gum, Carbomer, Bisabolol, Propylene Glycol & Glycyrinetinic Acid, Phytonadione (vitamin K), Retinol (vitamin A), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E Acetate), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (vitamin C), Biotin (vitamin H), Polysorbate 20, Arachidonic Acid & Linoleic Acid & Linoleic Acid (vitamin F), Triethanolmine, PEG-13 Octanoate, Usnic Acid, Deionized Water.

HTH Smile
bushy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:44 am      Reply with quote
Thanks very much for that Safire. It must have a reasonable amount of retinol as usually this is at or near the bottom of the list. That is a very interesting list of ingredients.
Please post a follow up as you continue to use it as I will be interested to see how you get on with it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:25 am      Reply with quote
I wonder why it says to apply it once or twice a week? Must be a typo...what does the bottle say? Is this a once or twice a day product? Thanks I was always wondering about this stuff..butthere were never any reviews.
Safire
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 02, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
I wonder why it says to apply it once or twice a week? Must be a typo...what does the bottle say? Is this a once or twice a day product? Thanks I was always wondering about this stuff..butthere were never any reviews.

It's a typo, on the box it says apply 1 to 2 times a day.

Smile
havana8

Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:10 am      Reply with quote
I've been using this for about four months and really like it too. I have sensitive skin and thought for sure it would cause my skin to become red, but it didn't. It goes on smooth with little or no irritation. I would definitely re-purchase.
dreamcat
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 16, 2007 11:31 am      Reply with quote
I'm wondering if it causes black&whitehead.
Because applying even if a bit oily&sticky serum,my face is covered with acne.
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
Safire wrote:
I have been using this product for just over a week now, & I'm pleased to say that I think it must be *working* as a few people have actually told me my skin is glowing! Very Happy

I was actually a bit suprised to see there were no reviews for this product seeing as it seems to be one of the EDS bestsellers! hmm So here is my input....

I had been searching for a non-oily, multi-vitamin based anti-oxidant serum for a while now, especially after my Beautician advised me that my skin would benefit from using one from a young age! So I finally discovered the emerginC & I was very pleased with the ingredients listing when I first saw it & the fact that it's paraben free (which is a new caution thing for me). I quite like the texture of this product, even though it can feel just a bit sticky when first applied, overall it's very lightweight & non-greasy. It promises to strengthen skin & reduce broken capillaries...unfortunately I have very sensitive skin so I have a lot of these Sad, but I do honestly think they are starting to "diminish" slightly as my cheeks are looking a little less ruddy imo! At the moment I am using this instead of my moisturiser & I'm just using a sunscreen on top (the serum has no SPF in it), it's also very concentrated so you only need 1-2 tiny pumps to get enough for your whole face & neck. I'm not sure what the long-term benefits will be, but it is supposed to increase cell turnover & it has "anti-aging" properties (like most serums I guess Confused). But overall so far I'm very pleased with this product & like I said it has only been a week or so since I've started using it.

Thus far I think probably give it a 4 out of 5.

Is this the one with little beads inside the bottle? THe one that EDS sells for $79? I'm interested in that one. I was looking for reviews of it, too. Very hard to find.
MarieIG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:39 am      Reply with quote
Based on the ingrediants, it looks like the one with the capsules in it. It looks very good to me. I would be quite interested if I didn't have a cash flow situation right now.

Our reviewer probably did not break out from it. I know nothing puts me off a product faster than a nice big zit, or whiteheads.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:16 pm      Reply with quote
I have liked the look of this product for a while but never ventured into it because of lack of reviews. When I get my stash down I will give this ago. Love anything that makes the skin glow Laughing
Bira
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Marie, do you mean by capsules those little beads inside the bottle? Looks so interesting to me.
pal
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:46 pm      Reply with quote
Bira wrote:
Marie, do you mean by capsules those little beads inside the bottle? Looks so interesting to me.

Not Marie but I would think thats what she is referring to, please correct me if Im wrong Maire Smile
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 21, 2024 1:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) Institut Esthederm Intensive Propolis+ Kaolin Purifying Mask (75 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |