Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Short Do-able Regime
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 2:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys,
I have been lurking on this forum and reading some of the threads for few days. I really like the site and have learn a lot, thanx to the people who are good about sharing their knowlegde, and experiences.

I live in USA and in my late 20's. I have olive skin (Pakistani). My skin type is normal-dry and very sensitive. I do get few pimples (systic ones too) every now and then. Mostly, before periods. I was wondering if someone can make recommandations for regime that are easy to follow and is not too complicated and my skin is well taken care of (maybe am being overly ambitious here Shock ).

I want to improve my complexion and skin tone and make it non blotchy and add radiance and luster to it.

Also, I see laugh lines and the area around my mouth (between my nose and lips), especially the lines arouund the mouth seem darker. I have tried hydroquine (sp) and it did not lighter it. I think microdermabrasion helped some what. Do you have any recommandation for that?

I have been using vitamin C complex serum. I want to change from the currentg to something else. I was thinking of switching to SC's 15% vit c or Cellex C (cannot decide, i like cellex C's prices). For brightening my complexion do u recommand Phyto+ ? I am also bearing towards RelaxAline and their serumC?
I cannot decide which one to buy.

Back to my current regime, I am happy with my liquid cleanser that i get from the spa i get microdermabrasion from) and also their moisiturizer is good too. In my regime i wash my face with the cleanser, use Lancom SENSATION TOTALE Continuous-C (Perfecting Complex which Refines. Renews. Restores). I do not know the percentage of the vitamin C on this one. I apply sun block at the end, (moisturize if i need to).

At night I wash face with a cleanser and apply vitamin C all over. I also exfoliate 2 times a week. Am i keeping it too simple or is this ok and taking care of my skin. I use vitamin C under my eyes too.

Sorry for the long post. Thankyou in advance.
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:36 pm      Reply with quote
Sad no replies?
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am sorry for being redundant. I am sure the questions i have asked must have been asked many times before and you guys must be tired of repeating your self. I apologize in advance for that. I will appreciate any help in helping me choose the best products. I just dont want to spend once again on products that just sit pretty around the sink.

To summarize my earlier post. If it does not make sense. I need recommandations to get the best for my buck I have a budget of $150-200).

I need an effective Vitamin C
Line/wrinkle chaser
Pigmentation around mouth fixer
Face brightner/radiance
Body brightner/lightner

I will appreciate if you keep in mind that i am in USA when suggesting the products. Some of them we do not get here. Confused
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:41 pm      Reply with quote
Strawberry, I think you did not get any answers yet because it sounds like you are doing quite a bit that would be recommended anyhow. C has helped me very much with brightening my complexion and reducing hyperpigmentation. (I use the C from CellularskinRx.com. Others here like the Vivier and Skinceuticals brand, too.) I use over-the-counter hydroquinone products like Nadinola or Porcelana if I have a particular dark patch that is stubborn and won't go away. I will use AHA on it first then the HQ. This usually is enough to lighten the spot up. As for large patches of melasma, the combo of Retin-A 0.025% at night and C every AM took care of that. I do use Relaxaline for crow's feet and frown lines but not for the lines from nose to mouth. The C has helped to ease those as well as using a pretty major emollient moisturizer on them when they start to look particularly visible. I will rub in Vitamin E or even mineral oil and leave overnight and that seems to hydrate enough to alleviate the problem. For your body, I would suggest any body lotion that has AHA in it to help with brightening. But, of course, you would have to be careful and use sunscreen all the time. You might also try a body lotion that has lactic acid as opposed to glycolic that may make your skin less sun sensitive yet will still brighten up your skin a bit.

Hope that helped some...
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:46 am      Reply with quote
Thankyou So much betterat, i apprecaite you taking the time to reply. I thought if i read few old posts and narrows down the products that will waste less time of others and i will be able to ask better questions. Ahem, maybe i am giving the wrong impression that i have my ducks in a row Embarassed (i wish Confused )

Well, pardon my ignorance but i am not familiar with AHA. What does the abbreviation stands for? I heard that C should be used alone. Is that true? or it cancel its effect. Do you think godiva products work for lightening? Or do u know of any products that has lactic acid for the body? Thankyou.
Mabsy

Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:43 am      Reply with quote
Strawberry,

Patience my dear, this forum does not move that fast as we are all in different time zones. Wait and the replies should flow in Smile

First, when you say that you are using a vitamin C complex serum, which serum are you talking about and what concentration of Vit C does it have? I see that you are wanting to go to a 15% strength. This is fine but you need to make sure it's not too strong for you - I'm not sure how stable and effective your serum is and whether it might therefore give you a false impression regarding the level of vit C your skin can handle. I hope that makes sense... Do you know what I mean?

In terms of making your skin more radiant, I'd go with vit C but also use AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids). AHAs (like Glycolic Acid for example) help exfoliate your skin. This is beneficial because (a) it gets rid of dead skin cells (i.e. dull looking skin) and also (b) aids the absorption of vitamin C (and/or other ingredients). It also helps control breakouts as it gets rid of skin cells that can potentially block your pores. I hope this is a more or less accurate summary of it.

I would use a vitamin C serum in the morning (followed by a moisture booster if necessary but also followed by moisturiser and SPF). In the evenings I'd go for products with AHAs in them. I keep meaning to try the Jan Marini Bio-Glycolic lotion (it gets fab reviews) but I still haven't got around to it. There are plenty of products with AHAs on the market though (including cleansers, toners, masks) that you can chose from. I'm sure people on here will be more than happy to recommend their fave ones as well.

HTH
Mabsy
betterat40
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
Strawberry,
I can't put it any better than Mabsy did. She is right on with AHA's and what would be a good routine for you to follow. Good job, Mabs!

And Good Luck to you, Strawberry. As Mabsy said, you will get plenty of replies soon, I'm sure.

P.S. The only thing I know of that will interfere with Vitamin C effectiveness is copper peptides. You would not want to use the two together.
Strawberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy i need to learn to be patient, you are right Wink. I am still not sure which vitamin C i want to buy....i am in conflict between SC's 10-15% C, or Cellex C. Maybe i should get the C+AHA by SC. I have still to reaserch more on the right AHA. Jan Marini Bio-Glycolic lotion hmmm I will look in to it and its price. Which AHA do you use now and are u happy with it? Thanks.

betterat40 thanx, btw, which AHA do you use, and whats your skin type.
Mabsy

Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:44 am      Reply with quote
Strawberry,

The SkinC C+AHA might be a good option. I've read good reviews of it but have not tried it myself. I guess the best thing you could do is try to get a sample (find a SkinC stockist or email them perhaps?) and see how you go with it. At the moment I only use AHA in the form of masks (MD Formulations) and spot treatments when something evil looks like is about to come up Smile I think some of the natural skincare I'm using might also have some AHAs in it.

Sorry, to be more specific on the Jan Marini, it's the Bioglycolic Bioclear lotion (not the Bioglycolic Lotion) that gets the great reviews. Though I think the latter also gets good ones (just not AS good Smile).
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:09 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |