Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Oily skin - computer worker
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Vanilj
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello!

I'm a new member here, so exuse me if I'm asking som questions that is already discussed here. And pardon my english, long time I spoke och wrote in english. Wink

Can anybody give me a tip how I can treat my sensitive skin from getting soooo greasy after a days work by the computer. It's been a lot better since I started using DeCleors produkts, right now the Hydra Floral products.
I allways use fundation, does anybode have a tip fore a good fundation that also treats the skin, whitout mineral oils?

Is that the best product for my case - Hydra floral?
Im 30 years young Wink , så I also want to treat my upcoming wrinkels. Cool

Thanks//Vanilj
Lady Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:55 am      Reply with quote
Hello Vanilj,

wave Welcome to the forum.

I am around the same age as you and I too have a problem with greasy/oily skin.

Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion is very good for soaking up oil and keeping skin matte all day.

There are quite a few reviews of it on this forum - have a read and see if it's what you require.
Lady Jane
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 16, 2004 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Hello Vanilj,

wave Welcome to the forum.

I am around the same age as you and I too have a problem with greasy/oily skin.

Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion is very good for soaking up oil and keeping skin matte all day.

There are quite a few reviews of it on this forum - have a read and see if it's what you require.
carekate
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:40 am      Reply with quote
Hey, I'm 35 and I have what I firmly believe is the world's oiliest skin!! I keep telling people that if the oil excreted by my skin could be refined and used in automobiles, the United States could cut their dependency on OPEC oil imports in half!!! Obviously I'm exaggerating, but only slightly -- my skin is SERIOUSLY only. Sad And I have tried just about every product (cleansers, toners, masks, foundations, powders, blotting papers, mattifying makeup "primers", etc) out there that promises to "cure" my oily skin, but nothing worked. Until someone suggested the most unlikely treatment...after washing your face with your regular cleanser, slather on a layer "Milk of Magnesia" (it's actually a laxative, available at any drugstore but be sure to get the unflavored kind!) and wait until it dries (typically 10-15 minutes) then rinse it off with cold water. I tried it and it worked wonders!! This same person also told me that I could apply a very thin layer of MoM before putting on my makeup to act as a mattifier (moisturize your face as normal, wait about 10 minutes, then spread a THIN layer of MoM and wait for it to dry, then put on your regular makeup). I tried this, too and I have to say that it is the most amazing thing I have ever seen!! Normally, I have to start blotting the oil/shine from my face by 9am, but since I started using the MoM, I don't have to blot even once throughout the day. So, that's my advice for all of you "blessed" (read: cursed!!) with oily skin. I know it's not very "glamourous," but often the best solutions are the simplest. Besides, if Hollywood stars can use Preparation H (hemorrhoid cream) for a temporary "eye lift," why can't shouldn't we use a laxative to absorb access oil??? Seriously though, I guarantee if you try this trick you will be a believer!
lianne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion was way too strong for my sensitive skin. I use the Decleor Hydra-Matt along with the Anti-shine product from them. Check under specials for the Decleor Back To Balance Oily skin set..it's a great value!! The Floral line from Decleor is more for normal skin...but it you need the extra moisturization from it try the anti-shine treatment with it. I also found that the ylang ylang oil and balm from decleor have made my skin less oily.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:22 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |