Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help i need to know everyones makeup faves and raves!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 17, 2004 4:52 am      Reply with quote
Im getting ready to change my makeup bag as the stuff i have is old, boring and most of its probably gone off by now!! I am going to invest heavily in some new makeup Very Happy and wondered what products you guys couldn't live without and what you can recommend to me? (besides i still haven't spent my $50 yet!) I have sorted the foundation (Dermalogica tinted moisterizer) so that just leaves eyes, cheeks, lips, concealers.................

Look forward to hearing your faves and raves!!

PS mine is PIXI's jet set lips in flirt ! (you can get PIXI at Sephora and if you live in the UK you can get it on the websitewww.pixibeauty.com )

Becz21
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I really love my Jane Iredale Pressed base...but you already have that sorted. Confused I also love bobbi brown's bronzer and love love love L'Oreals Panoramic Curl (??) mascara. Oh and Touche Eclat of course. Oh and I am loving Revlons new lip glosses but I can't remember the name......
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 4:15 am      Reply with quote
I love Touche Eclat, bare escentuals Foundation in medium, warmth and mineral veil. Love YSL liquid eye liners and Max Factor lipfinity.

5% products discount

Wed Aug 18, 2004 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Hi, one of my favorites is Smashbox's transparencies. It is a mouse that you can use on your cheeks, lips, and eyes. Another favorite is Dr. Denese vitamin c treatment foundation @ qvc.com.
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 10:52 am      Reply with quote
I'm with Gucci on the touche eclat and lipfinity and I'm a big fan of estee lauder pure colour cube eyeshadows ...and not just for the packaging! I use benetint on my cheeks cos it looks natural and any maybelline mascara Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 18, 2004 11:49 am      Reply with quote
If you're looking for mascara try Christian Dior Show ($23). It's a great mascara for those evenings when you'll be wearing it only a couple of hours. It makes my lashes look fuller and longer than any other. the catwalk look! But I don't recommend it for all day use because it flakes a bit (on me anyway) after it's been on too long.

Also I always rave for Stila Smudge Pot gel eyeliners ($16). I absolutely love them.

I just placed an order for Tarte Cheek Stains in Tickled Peach and Flush based on reviews. Hope I like!

-Cheri
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:02 am      Reply with quote
phredd4,

Let me know what that Tarte blush is like when you get it! You should take a look at the PIXI range, it really is fantastic. They have had tones of press (Vogue, elle, in-style etc)

They are great products!

Becz21
Gucci
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 12:13 am      Reply with quote
what are Stila Smudge Pot gel eyeliners??? how do they work?..gel?

Thu Aug 19, 2004 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Laughing I just placed an order for the Tarte cheek stain in Blushing Bride a few days ago.

Some of my faves:
Nars powder blush
Stila convertible color (as a blush only)
Shu Uemura eye shadow
Stila Roge Pot (blush)
Stila eye shadow
all my Stila palettes Embarassed
Stila Lash & Line
YSL Touche Eclat
Jane Iredale Circle Delete
Clinique Almost Lipstick
Dr Hauschka Bronzing Concentrate
YSL Complexion Enhancer
Armani Lip Shimmer (#11)
Armani Cream Blush
Bobbi Brown shimmer gloss stick
BeneFit BrowZings
YSL semi-lose powder
Lamas Lash Masque (mascara - sort of)
Clarins Pure Curl mascara
Jurlique Rose Silk Dust
BeneFit Dandelion
Chanel Voile Universelle
Laura Mercier Lip Glace
Stila Fierce Femme Lipstick (amber)
and all of my 8 or so Stila Convertible Eye Colors (for when I'm running late Smile).

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

Btw - the Stila smudge pots are nice. It's a thick cream that you apply with a very fine brush. Very similar I gather to the BB Gel Eyeliner (which I have on order together with the Tarte Smooth Operator foundation/tinted moisturiser).

Now... what is the PIXI range? Or would it be safer for me (i.e. my credit card) not to ask? Laughing

Mabsy
Becz21
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:40 am      Reply with quote
Hello Mabsy!

The pixi range is a hot new uk brand designed by three sisters (1 sister also has a line called POP) they are based exclusivly in London and have an online shop! they sell all sortsfrom sheer cheek gel to fairy dust,eye definer highlighter,gloss kits etc. But i think there products are great and they have some fantatic colours available!

Have a look atwww.pixibeauty.com

Becz21
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 6:48 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy!! What time do you have to get up in the morning!! Laughing
bbiz
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2004 8:11 am      Reply with quote
peaches wrote:
Hi, one of my favorites is Smashbox's transparencies. It is a mouse that you can use on your cheeks, lips, and eyes. Another favorite is Dr. Denese vitamin c treatment foundation @ qvc.com.

hey. peaches:
I have been always tempted to try out Dr Denese vitamin C foundation, and I did finally.. I got the fawless kit with 2 foundations in it, however, I dont know if it is just me, the colors didnt seem quite right, too much orange in it?! I dont know .. I couldnt tell exactly what's wrong with it.. I like the look that the models have acheievd on TV, but I just couldnt get it, the foundation didnt stay on my face, I dont know why..I adore Dr Denese skin, she's the perfect skin in the world!!! Laughing .. How do you apply the fondation? Did you use the vit C radiance underneath? I really wanted to give it a 2nd chance! I like the idea that Dr Denese said about, wearing a foundation for 8-12 hrs a day, let's make it do sth to our skin Wink Very Happy ..
Mabsy

Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:31 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Becz21! Looking at the site as we speak/type. I like the look of the eye shadow trios.... Cool

littlebo - Laughing Actually, I get ready in the mornings in record speed and generally wear little makeup. I only wear makeup when I go out in the evenings, so all the stuff I have has NO chance of getting used up AT ALL! I probably have enough blush to last me for ten years, plus I also have heaps of palettes (Smashbox, Stila, Bobbi Brown, Too Faced etc that I haven't touched because they just look too pretty Embarassed ).

Mabsy
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Laughing Laughing

Actually that sounds remarkably like me! Got piles of makeup and skincare stuff half of it doesn't get used, especially makeup! I just find it such good therapy to buy all this stuff! When I need retail therapy I head for the chemist (drugstore to you lot over the pond!!) Laughing
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2004 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
I have to go with littlebo on the Jane Iredale pressed base. It seems NOT to cake in the wrinkles under the eyes. Although, last time I chose a color that was too light (natural) and have to put some kind of bronzing powder or another color on top of it or I look like a ghost. I work from home, so many days, I don't wear makeup at all and when I do go out during the day, I like to keep it very simple, cause I'm lazy and always in a hurry. Also, we live in a resort town and everyone dresses very casual.

I have permanent (although it's not forever) eyebrows and lash enhancer (a step down from eyeliner), so when I first had it done, I didn't even have to use brow or liner stuff. Now, I have to just put a little brow pencil and pretty much do liner. I wouldn't do the permanent liner again because I don't think it would ever last, but I will probably have the brows touched up soon because I love them.

I was having trouble as I get older with my lashes not showing up as well. They actually were looking shorter and thiner. Sad Someone suggested that I try Cils Booster by Lancome as a primer and WOW what a difference. At the same time, I began to be "religeous" about removing my mascara for the health of my lashes, so they may have grown some too. But, I put the Cils Booster on and then just simply Voluminous by Loreal and wahlaa! I have thick long lashes!

I could use some suggestions on a good lip color. I just can't seem to find anything that is anything but ordinary. I know I can get suggestions plenty here! Smile

JUDY

Thu Aug 26, 2004 5:02 am      Reply with quote
I am wondering what everyone has to say about Bare Escentuals makeup? I am interested in trying it but not sure if it would work for me. I have very, very, very oily skin so I need a good base and something to absors shine. I would love to hear from the folks who have tried this and are using it!

Thanks!
Missymac :?: :D
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:27 am      Reply with quote
I used Bare Escentuals for over a year and really liked it. However, when I ran out and went back to the Jane Iredale pressed base, I found that I liked it even better. The JI seems to NOT cake as much in undereye wrinkles for me.

I have combination skin and the BE or the Jane Iredale both work fine. However, I did observe with BE that I had to wait several minutes after applying moisturizer before applying the BE or it seemed to "gunk up" the brush. Probably the same would be true of the JI and puff. I mention that only because you say you have very oily skin and I wonder if the powder bases are best for you?

Hopefully someone with an oily skin condition who has used either could advise you.
JUDY

5% products discount

Thu Aug 26, 2004 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
I CANNOT live without TINte Cosmetics flavored lip shine -- I am a lip gloss fanatic! Especially because I have small lips, gloss makes them look bigger since its shiny and has a soft edge. I use Peachie Sheen and Bubble Gum. I read about this product in US Weekly, some actress uses it so I ordered it and have totally fallen in love -- they taste and smell just like their names. Plus they're made with shea butter so they're not sticky at all, just soft and shiny. Its actually too bad that I love these glosses so much because they're $17 each! Ouch!
Very Happy
www.tintecosmetics.com
MyOwnLittleWorld
5% products discount

Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody knew any good foundation for oily skin? I'm using Maybelline pressed powder (shine free) but I want one that looks more even and natural, the kind where you can't tell I'm wearing it. Also, I just wanted you to know that I'm a somewhat penniless student, lol. So no $80 foundation, kay? Embarassed Thanks again!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 30, 2004 9:41 am      Reply with quote
MissyMac wrote:
I am wondering what everyone has to say about Bare Escentuals makeup? I am interested in trying it but not sure if it would work for me. I have very, very, very oily skin so I need a good base and something to absors shine. I would love to hear from the folks who have tried this and are using it!
I have been using BE products for nearly four years and I'll never go back to "traditional" foundations. I, too, have super oily skin and I recently learned the trick to keeping my BE foundation looking great all day long without constantly having to worry about blotting my face every two hours (which I've always had to do, regardless of the brand of makeup I used Sad). Here's the secret: Milk of Magnesia. Seriously!! You can get it at any drug or grocery store (in the laxative aisle), but be sure to buy the unflavored kind, because the flavors could cause irritation. Use the MoM twice a week as a mask to dry excess oil (wash your face with your regular cleanser, then slather on a layer MoM and wait until it dries -- typically 10-15 minutes -- then rinse it off with cold water). Then, I also apply a very thin layer of MoM before putting on my makeup to act as a mattifier (moisturize your face as normal, wait about 10 minutes, then spread a THIN layer of MoM and wait for it to dry, then put on your regular makeup). Normally, I have to start blotting the oil/shine from my face by 9am, but since I started using the MoM, I don't have to blot even once throughout the day. So, that's my advice for all of you "blessed" (read: cursed!!) with oily skin. I know it's not very "glamourous," but often the best solutions are the simplest. Actually, this MoM trick can be used for anyone with oily skin, regardless of the brand of makeup you use and I guarantee if you try this trick you will be a believer!
CharlieBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2004 10:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just did a similar thing, I dumped out all (and I mean all) of my old make up and went a bit crazy. I found a really great makeup artist at the trish mcevoy counter. I just told her to pick out some colors for me :-0 Before, I had just shades of brown. She picked out beautiful shades that I would not have thought of that look great. I love the trish makeup, as well. The eyeshadow does not crease all day long. And her storage system is awesome, when you travel, you can take all of your makeup with you and it takes up less space than a quarter of my old makeup.

CB
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:20 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |