Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Acne, Acne Scars and GODIVA???
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
kitkat3ny

Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I've been lurking on this site for a few days now. I've been interested in what i've read so far about Godiva skin whitening products.

For those who have acne, I have horrible acne and acne scars. Does the Godiva acne care products really help acne or aggrevate it more? Does it clear up the scars? I have dark skin and don't expect miracles overnight.

TIA

Kat
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2004 12:51 pm      Reply with quote
welcome! can't help, but hi!
someone will know what works, but may I suggest you give a bit more info, such as what kind of skin you have, age allergies etc, because you may have noticed that it gets very technical, especially in the acne threads!

Smile

5% products discount

Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi im a Godiva user! I use the whitening line thoh, but i have a friend of mine who does use the anti blemish products..she said it really does wonders for her skin! Her first application of the cream immediately dried out the acne and was gone like after 2 days. When she apply it on newly forming ones, the small acne will not inflame but will subside and just disappear. Plus the product itself also has Licorice which lightens the acne scars. According to their website, they encourage purchasing the whole anti-blemish line, my friend thoh only purchased the anti-blemish cream which alone did wonders for her skin!!
Mabsy

Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:54 am      Reply with quote
I think there appear to be quite a few forum members who have tried the Godiva range. I suggest you do a search and see what you can find and also wait to see what the concensus is in the replies to this post.

Mabsy
Sue2

Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Hi kitkat3ny, by acne scars you mean dark spots left from past acne breakouts, then, YES, Godiva Licorice Cream and Godiva Fruit Acid Complex works really well. You will be able to get rid of your problems within about 2 weeks. However, I do not know how well the Godiva products(made specifically for acne prone skin) work, so I cannot comment on that. I believe that Naturefina.com now carries the Godiva products for acne prone skin...you may want to ask them. The online places where you can order Godiva are,www.naturefina.com andwww.godivaskincare.com .
kitkat3ny

Wed Aug 25, 2004 4:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

Thanks for answering my post. I did do a search but wasn't satisfied w/ peoples reports of how the product worked for them. I'd like definately updates if I could get them.

Yeah, I have dark scars from acne on my face along w/ active acne. I don't think I have any pitted skin though.

I'm still skeptical about this product but I must admit it's tempting to buy.

Anyone else have results good for bad?

Kat
Kleng
5% products discount

Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kitkat,

I use the Godiva anti-blemish astringent and cream especially when my monthly period is near. I find Godiva effective in stopping flare-ups. I just spot apply the cream 2 to 3 times daily on acne about to break-out. It works most of the time. I still get full blown acne once in a while if I don't treat the hard mass of inflamed comedone early enough.
kitkat3ny

Thu Aug 26, 2004 6:18 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Kleng. Did you have acne scars as well? If so, did Godiva anti-blemish products help w/ that as well or did you have to use the regular Godiva whitening to remove dark spots?
Mabsy

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:21 am      Reply with quote
Actually, Kleng and Nikkigardens are yet to get back to me to explain why they (and GodivaInc) appear to be posting from the same location. Please keep that in mind when reading these reviews until that issue is resolved.
kitkat3ny

Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:15 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the warning Masby. I am always cautious about companies trolling on boards and promoting their products.

Are you guys for real or not? Sad
marjorie_d

Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:59 pm      Reply with quote
Laughing about the Godiva product, I try that, the cream and the soap, but I never purchase on Godiva website "from my mom" sending it to me, well the product quit effective , but not realy satisfy with the result, I also have acne and acne scar ,.The fruit acid makes my pimples worst. The only product realy works for me is when I use the Extrderm exfoliants, cause W/ 2mg hydroquinone and 0.75mg tretinoin, it works for acne and scar, because it has major ingredients for that problems.
nikkigardens
5% products discount

Sun Aug 29, 2004 6:56 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Actually, Kleng and Nikkigardens are yet to get back to me to explain why they (and GodivaInc) appear to be posting from the same location. Please keep that in mind when reading these reviews until that issue is resolved.

Geez Mabsy, that's a very "off" comment. I honestly do not even know Kleng?? and thoh I do try Godiva doesn't mean i have anything in connection with it!!?? I don't know what else to say, honestly i do like this forum very much and found great advises from various board members but I was really taken aback by this post..

I would not also suggest a product that does not work, i believe in the products that i use whatever brand they may be, that's why i use them and promote them to others because they're really good.
Mabsy

Mon Aug 30, 2004 1:34 am      Reply with quote
It's not an "off" comment at all actually. It is in the best interest of trust on this forum to prevent companies from making themselves look like users and to actively monitor such activities.

My comment is not based on a hunch or any biases, it is based on the source computer of your post, which happens to be the same as Kleng's and GodivaInc's. That together with the fact that all three of you happen to mention this product all the time makes it rather unlikely to be a 1 in a billion coincidence.
m
5% products discount

Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
oh man, this is funny. i cant wait to hear the come back on this Very Happy "Your IP address has been logged, we know where you live, you are running Windows XP." Razz aint technology great? much better than most skin products . . . which is an excellent segue into Godiva licorice. i've been using for several months now. posted awhile back on the Godiva cream's ability to get rid of acne scars. i think i mentioned that it works a little. i certainly did not see results in two weeks. it hasn't faded acne scars at all. so now i may be a little lighter, but same scars. but it has a nice non-oily light weight feel. i like that Exclamation so, to sum it up, i have a hunch that it's working very slowly, but it could be wishful thinking. i keep buying it though! they sell it in a new 60 g tube too and shipping is now 10 bucks instead of $20 USD. their customer service is great too, and shipping arrrives real fast. btw, i use sunscreen religiously and only apply the godiva at night.
m
5% products discount

Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:40 pm      Reply with quote
oh, by fading scars, i meant diminishing hyperpigmentation, which for me is usually a dark red to light purple-ish color.
vino

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:45 am      Reply with quote
been used the whitening soap, whitening cream & the acid cream for 3 weeks...seems my scars are lighten...really can see my skin soften & the pores are smaller after used for 2-3 times...still hard to get rid of the acne ;{
but its getting better before i used the products! needs more times to see better result ;-/
Mabsy

Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:55 am      Reply with quote
m wrote:
oh man, this is funny. i cant wait to hear the come back on this Very Happy "Your IP address has been logged, we know where you live, you are running Windows XP." Razz aint technology great? much better than most skin products . . .

Laughing How true, well apart from the "we know where you live" part. Which I guess is true anyway if you are the FBI Rolling Eyes But on every website you go to you leave behind your IP addy and this site is no different. Gotta love technology - but, no, skincare still rocks! Razz The sad part is that when I see stuff like that happen it turns me off buying the product, but the product itself could be good.

Mabsy
cbeb
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Well i used the Godiva whitening set (fruit acid cream, soap, astringent, cream) and found it didnt work too great for my scars. It didnt really seem to make a difference, but it did whiten my skin overall a bit. I wouldnt order it again just because like i mentioned before in another post, i had to pay $30 in duties on its already high price even though the shipping was free Sad
marge
5% products discount

Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:07 am      Reply with quote
I purchase my Godiva product at www.pristinesworld.com Laughing
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |