Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Balling up from Osea Eyes and Lips??
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Stardustdy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using this cream for a week or so. The first time I used it, it balled up on me as if the product is not completely absorbed. I just want to know for u ladies here that used this product, what's the right amount to apply for both eyes? Maybe I'm using too much? What kinda effect did u achieve with this eyecream cuz I can't see any difference from it. I hate it when everyone's raving a product and I can't seem to join in Sad
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 3:33 pm      Reply with quote
It balls up on me, too, no matter how much or how little I use or whether I spritz my face with a mineral water spray or a toner or not. I've tried anything from about the size of a grain of rice for each eye and the same size for both eyes. What I've found to work the best for me is to warm the eye cream between my fingers first and gently pat it onto my skin, BUT not to pat too long. Otherwise, it starts balling up on me again. I can't use it underneath a concealer either as it always balls up on me if I use it on its own. I tried layering it on top of PSF Phyto-Lift Cranberry Eye Gel before applying a concealer and that seemed to work better. However, I had to stop using PSF Cranberry as I *think* it was causing too much dryness and irritation (itchiness, in this case) around my eyes, so now I only use Osea Eyes & Lips at night.

As for the effect, I do notice some tightening of my eye bags, but marginally. I don't find moisturizing enough for my dry eye area, so I normally use something more moisturizing/hydrating. I now only use Osea Eyes & Lips on those days that I have really puffy eyes. Otherwise, I don't really bother with it as I don't see much result in terms of other effects.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for replying. So how long did u use it till u see the tightening of your eye bags? I just don't seem to see how this product WOW me...perhpas it's just me Sad So which eye cream are u using now for hydration? Thanks. Smile
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
Thanks for replying. So how long did u use it till u see the tightening of your eye bags? I just don't seem to see how this product WOW me...perhpas it's just me Sad So which eye cream are u using now for hydration? Thanks. Smile

The tightening effect is pretty much immediate, but also temporary. As the day goes on, the effect wears off. I don't think I've seen any cumulative tightening effect either.

This eye cream certainly hasn't wowed me. I simply bought it because I wanted to switch to a more natural product. I convinced myself that although it's not great, I wasn't putting a bunch of chemicals on my skin.

As for a moisturizing eye cream, I normally use Babor Sensational Eyes Eye Cream (not the gel one). I find it very moisturizing, yet light and fast absorbing. I've tried many eye creams including Sisley Sisleya, La Prairie Eye Contour and Shiseido Benefiance which are supposed to be super moisturizing, but I still prefer Babor Sensational. Sisley, La Prairie and Shiseido ones are rich and heavy, but I don't find them necessarily more moisturizing to be honest. I sometimes kid myself into thinking that they are as they take much longer time to sink in, but I still end up having to reapply them just as often.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I might purchase the Babor one next time then. I'll find a way to finish the Osea one up. Perhaps on my lips hehe Very Happy
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
I guess I might purchase the Babor one next time then. I'll find a way to finish the Osea one up. Perhaps on my lips hehe Very Happy

Try to get a sample of Babor first if you can. I'd hate for you to be disappointed with a product I recommend.

Yes, use Osea Eyes & Lips on your lips. I do sometimes and I love it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:18 pm      Reply with quote
I did request for it with my last EDS purchase but guess they don't have any samples.

Thanks for the suggestion Smile
nickieygirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 11, 2007 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
maybe you should apply it immediately after cleansing your face. water can help it absorb to your skin easily.
andaman_gypsy
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Stardustdy wrote:
I did request for it with my last EDS purchase but guess they don't have any samples.

Thanks for the suggestion Smile

You're welcome. From my experience with free samples from EDS, I find Babor ones hard to come by.

The eye cream is only CAD$40, so it's relatively inexpensive compared to others. I'm obsessed with eye creams and I've tried SO many and Babor Sensational Eyes is my most favorite one to date. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 12, 2007 3:41 am      Reply with quote
nickieygirl wrote:
maybe you should apply it immediately after cleansing your face. water can help it absorb to your skin easily.

If you actually read all the posts, you would know that in this case, water didn't help with the absorption at all. Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Dec 15, 2007 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
nice one gypsy Smile How's life in the UK?
CleanSkin
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:55 pm      Reply with quote
For some reason this product wouldn't fully absorb on me either, despite using a really small amount per application.
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 3:04 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |