Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Great website!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
Hi there, I am a new member and just wanted to thank everybody who posts here. I originally found your site because I was looking for Avotox information but after reading all of your detailed posts here, I came away knowing SO much more about products than I could have ever imagined. I love how honest you all are about your skin issues and product outcomes. Its been incredibly beneficial for me to read through this site. Anyway, I made a decision to order Relax-A-Line (who was THRILLED when I told them how I found about them) as well as Avon 2 step Peel.

Just a little bit of info on me: I'm 31 and just developed my first smile wrinkle. I want to use Relax-A-Line as a "proactive" approach to keeping the wrinkles at bay.

Thanks everyone!!

VegasGirl
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome!!!

I also found this forum looking for information on Avotox. Everyone is so helpful here. I have learned so much. Just afraid I am going to spend too much money now. There are so many products I want to try. Laughing
Penelope
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I agree -- I love this site. I wonder what I did with all my 'free' time before I stumbled onto this. I think this site will save me tons of money since I won't be buying any more products without consulting you guys first!
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
VegasGirl wrote:
Just a little bit of info on me: I'm 31 and just developed my first smile wrinkle. I want to use Relax-A-Line as a "proactive" approach to keeping the wrinkles at bay.

Definitely a good idea to begin using the Argireline product of your choice BEFORE the lines and wrinkles get worse. What I found is that when I began to really examine my face up close in the mirror, with my reading glasses on for magnification Shock there were the beginnings of lines and wrinkles that I never imagined were there just looking at myself in the mirror normally. Those little suckers are lurking there where you don't even imagine them just waiting to become visible with time. Confused

Better to zap them before they have the chance. Believe me, I know because I was 59 before I learned about Argireline or products of that type and some of the wrinkles were much too deep to reverse totally. Sad Everything has improved, but I just know if I'd started 19 years earlier, I'd have much fewer wrinkles today.
JUDY

5% products discount

Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Judy! That's what I was trying to convince my husband of -- he thinks I'm a little nuts since its one little wrinkle and he thinks its "cute" -- RIGHT!!! I told him I wanted to start being proactive about my skin and control it before it happens more. Plus, living in the desert has made my skin much drier and I can't rely on the $6 bottles of light lotion anymore, much as I'd like to Very Happy . I can't wait to receive the Relax-A-Line, you all have gotten me excited about it.
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:12 pm      Reply with quote
What age do you think one should start using this type of product. I am 27 & have a lot of stress. I can feel it take a toll on my how body. I too what to be proactive.

What do you suggest to use in your late 20's and 30's.

Thanks
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2004 9:48 pm      Reply with quote
Miss Shoes wrote:
What age do you think one should start using this type of product. I am 27 & have a lot of stress. I can feel it take a toll on my how body. I too what to be proactive.

What do you suggest to use in your late 20's and 30's.

Thanks

I would agree by late 20's. In your case, with the stress, I would definitely use this type of product, because the wrinkles are at least partially caused by repeated muscle contractions of the face. When we are stressed, I think we sometimes do funny things with our face, like chewing our lip or squinting or blinking the eyes. We do these things without even thinking about it. Confused

As we repetitively make these expressions... or even smiling or frowning, it's like a waste material is released from the muscle. It's called catacholamine release. Also, there is the snare complex which is a release of free radicals and they are always damaging or aging.

So, for one who is under stress, the Argireline products will actually relax these muscles and deminish the unconscious excess facial movement and reduce the catecholamine release. This helps prevent the creation of wrinkles... from this source.

There are other reasons why we get wrinkles such as the sun, wind, harsh climate, heredity. For the climate, we use creams to protect and sunscreens. The ah-3 products can also help as we lie on our side and our face gets scrunched up (my lip wrinkles come partly from this habit). If you have applied your "facial muscle relaxer" before you go to bed, it will at least help avoiding wrinkles from sleeping on your face. Laughing

Also, I've said this many times, but Argireline was also shown to reduce dryness by 42%, improve smoothness by 39%, and improve skin tone by 45%. All of those will help with the prevention of wrinkles just because the skin is in much better shape.

Naturally, there is nothing that will totally prevent the formation of wrinkles as our skin ages, but I believe there are some awesome products on the market today that can definitely slow down the process!
JUDY

Thu Aug 26, 2004 1:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm 27, and under lots of stress (I need a holiday!) and I started using this a few weeks ago. I'd still say that vitaminC and sunscreen are the most important for me at my age but this should help minimise wrinkles as well.

Mabsy
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 7:22 pm      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
I'm 27, and under lots of stress (I need a holiday!)
Mabsy

I know this is off-topic, but I'm soooo excited about the holiday we have planned for mid-December. Dancing We're taking a Carribean cruise and we have a balcony suite. I can't wait to try the spa treatments on the ship! Very Happy

Wonder if I can schedule a private massage on the balcony. Mmmmmm Cool
JUDY

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2004 11:42 pm      Reply with quote
Judy you are very lucky I am green with envy.
Mabsy

Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Wow! Sounds *so* relaxing...
VegasGirl
5% products discount

Fri Aug 27, 2004 8:50 am      Reply with quote
Judy - my husband and I just got back from a Mexico cruise (our first cruise ever) and it was the BEST most relaxing vacation we've ever done. We had a suite with a private balcony as well and its so worth the money. Waking up to barking sea lions and watching the dolphins from our room was incredible. You guys will have a blast!!! Enjoy!!!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |