Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Product Review - Dr H Cleansing Cream
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:39 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick review. I have been using this for a while and just wanted to put my view on here. I'm going to upset some people especially Mabsy!! Sorry!!

Anyway, to put it bluntly I'm not sure I like this as all.

I haven't found any improvement to my pores and I actually really don't like the smell. It makes me cough!! I find the pressing and rolling action quite tedious. I didn't find it a very effective cleanser and found I was actually getting more blocked pores where I didn't concentrate as much like it told me on the instructions, where I don't normally get them. I must say I am rather disappointed as it has worked for so many of you

I suppose this is just more evidence that we are all different and one this doesn't do it for everyone!!!

Anyone else had these experiences??
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Hi littlebo,

I just ordered the Dr. H. Cleaser (cream in tube) and the toner. Sure hope I have better luck.

Idea The only thing I can think of is: are you using a cleaser first to take off you makeup? I think that is the idea I got from previous posts.

I will let you know what I think of it. Smile

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
thoughtcrime
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
littlebo, I enjoyed reading your review. I actually love this product and the smell, but it's nice to hear ALL views to get a wide diverse perspective. Wink
Kiwigirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 13, 2004 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
oh, that's shame littlebo, although imagine how terribly boring the world would be if we all liked the same thing.
i also like the product and like the smell, but Kiwiboy isn't too taken by it, so diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks i guess!
Mabsy

Tue Sep 14, 2004 2:56 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for posting your review Littlebo. Like Thoughtcrime said, it's good to have a variety of reviews as different people like different things. I'm really sorry you didn't like it and I really hope that you didn't buy it based on my recommendation or I'm going to feel REALLY guilty Sad

I do agree with you in that the process is tedious but I don't mind it now because it's worked for me really well. And yes, as Winnie said, I use this on a make-up free face becasue it was not designed to remove makeup.

Cheers,
Mabsy
littlebo
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 14, 2004 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Hee hee I was worried about posting that!! Thought I would get lots of hate mail!! Embarassed

Yes I have been using it on a makeup free face so I don't think it is that. hmmmm.... a mystery!

Don't worry Mabsy I didn't get it on just your recommendation. I got it from everyones! Also I have been wanting to try Dr H. for ages! I'm glad I did or I would always have been wondering!
Amesevey
5% products discount

Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:22 pm      Reply with quote
do you presoak your face using warm to hot water and a washcloth as a compress? I found this to be very beneficial before i apply the cleansing cream. Im not too crazy about the smell either but i suck it up cause i love the results. How long have u been using it? maybe give it a little longer? hehe Very Happy

jill
Mabsy

Thu Sep 16, 2004 5:20 am      Reply with quote
littlebo wrote:

Don't worry Mabsy I didn't get it on just your recommendation. I got it from everyones! Also I have been wanting to try Dr H. for ages! I'm glad I did or I would always have been wondering!

*phew* I was hoping you were going to say that! Yay, no guilt here! Laughing
summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi Girls,

I was going to order this product as I love cream cleansers, but can you please describe the smell ? I'm intrigued since Littlebo says it made her cough ! Embarassed I don't really mind if a product has a unique smell as long as it works, it's just nicer to use when it smells like heaven. Laughing

Amesevey, I like your point about presoaking your face with warm water and a washcloth, I always use a clean washcloth when I'm cleansing or removing masks, it's gentle and exfoliating at the same time. Very Happy Very Happy

Also, do you girls do a double cleanse at night time ? I was given that tip once at a salon and it's now part of my nightly repertoire, makes sense as I have a few layers of products on...

Summertimegirl x Smile
Eve
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:56 am      Reply with quote
from memory...herbal. A bit vague Laughing
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
Summertimegirl,

The scent is very hard to describe. I quite like it though. Thoughtcrime said that it reminded her of beer I think.

I don't usually double cleanse but you have to with the Dr H. It's not really a cleanser and must be used on a makeup-free face. But if I'm not using the Dr H then I just use a cleanser once and follow that with toner.

Mabsy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Dr. H's cleansing cream!!!!! I have been using it for several days. Was concerned that the scent would bother me after some of the posts. But, I actually like it.

My face feels so clean and soft after I use is. I am a bit confused about the rolling tecnique???? If someone could explain that to me I would appreciate it.

I also got the toner to use after cream. Yum...face feels awesome. Next purchase is the cleansing milk. I am temporarily using an oil base makeup remover but would like to try the cleansing milk.

Never heard of Dr. H. until I joined forum. Thanks Very Happy

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Miss Shoes
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
me too!!!
I bought the sample size of the cleasning cream. It is really nice and your face feel great afterward. I am used to the 2 step as I was using cleanser & Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant but for the mean time I am going to stick with Dr.H
I also bought the Rose day cream and LOVE it. It is really rich & moisturizing but doesn't clogg your pores. Great product.
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Winnie - I make the cream into a paste and then press it into the skin doing similar movements to massage/kneading movements I guess. Have a look at Kiwigirl's description of how it was used during her Dr H facial (the lucky duck!) http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=10356#10356
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:15 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Masby. Found Kiwigirl's description very helpful. She sure was a lucky duck!

summertimegirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:29 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy wrote:
Summertimegirl,

The scent is very hard to describe. I quite like it though. Thoughtcrime said that it reminded her of beer I think.

Mabsy

I think I've heard enough nice things about the Dr. H cleansing cream to get it now.. Smile.. when I think "beer" I think sour, so I'm guessing that it must be a bit yeasty -herbally kind of scent ?? I can't wait to try it as I've run out of my favourite cleanser for a while and using Cetaphil in the meantime.... not bad at all!! Wink

Summertimegirl Very Happy
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:37 am      Reply with quote
summertimegirl

Hope you love the Dr. H's Cream Cleanser as much as I do. It is so hard to explain.....a totally different experience in cleaning your face. Remember, you can't take off makeup with it. So, either get the Cleansing Milk or use your favorite makeup remover. I also love to use Dr. H.'s toner after the cleansing cream. YUM

I was concerned when I heard the feedback on the smell. I like the smell. It is kind of a yeasty odor.

Let us know what you think.

Winnie

PS: I only use a pea size amount on moist warm hand and face. You don't need much on your clean face. The tube is not very big.

Gaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:00 pm      Reply with quote
I am planning on purchasing the cream cleanser and the description says it "deeply cleans" . If I am only wearing foundation (no blush, eye make-up etc) do I still need to cleanse with something else first? Embarassed Thanks!
Winnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Gaby Sad

When I first bought Dr. H. CREAM CLEANSER I did not realize it was not a makeup remover. Mabsy has written several posts on this. I now have the Milk Cleanser too. But, you can use any cleanser you like to take off your makeup. In the morning I just use the Cream.Only necessary to cleanse first if removing makeup.

OH, it is so worth it!!!!!

The description should really be changed. Again yes, you need to use a makeup remover or cleanser first before CREAM.

System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |