Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Rave for LM Mineral Finishing Powder
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
I like this powder so much I thought I'd share my thoughts about it with y'all here. My skin is on the oily side although it can be dehydrated sometimes, but whatever the weather I get very shiny after an hour of makeup and consequently never leave home without facial blotters. Another issue I have is visible pores on my cheeks and forehead, and some dents from previous teenage acne and stupid chicken pox. I have been looking for something to not only make me look dewy fresh but also cover up these nasty little dents.

From the website:
Laura Mercier Mineral Finishing Powder is the final to step to setting the flawless face with its superfine and completely sheer powder formula.
• Ideal for setting other mineral formulas and liquid foundation
• Prolongs the wear of makeup, protects the skin, controls sebum production and visually minimizes pores for a fresh look
• 0.42 oz.

( fits the bill to the T, don't you think? read on)

LM Mineral Finishing Powder comes in a packaging similar to that of LM Mineral Foundation that Dollbird has been raving about, with the wide lid for swirling your brush in and a sliding cover underneath so you don’t spill powder as you transport the case everywhere, but is slightly smaller

It comes in two colour choices, #1 (transparent) for all skin tones and #2, for darker skin tones. I got the one in #2. I'm not quite sure what the difference is between these two exactly, seeing that #1 is for all skin tones, but my sister who is waay fairer than me and was also given #2 and I both got the perfect colour match! In retrospect I should have also tried #1 on me, for comparison's sake, but the effect of #2 was so good I didn't see the need to try the other option!

Anyway. I apply it using either my beloved Alima #25 brush or BB face brush (the baby buki one that comes in its own little bag). The SA will want you to get the LM Blending Brush which my sister bought but I suggest you try first because we thought it was a disappointment since my sister’s shed like an el-cheapo.

I use it sometimes to set my Bobbi Brown Oil Free Liquid Foundation (of which I’ve still got half a bottle that I don’t want to waste. BTW, BBOFLF used to be my HG before I discovered MMU) sometimes over mineral foundation, sometimes over tinted moisturizer, sometimes alone. I have found whichever way I decide to use it, it’s fantastic at keeping me look fresh for hours, even when worn alone. And this it does without making me look powdered or ghastly matte. All you see is good naturally fresh clear skin, although you don't blot your face even once in four hours! (and if people ask if you wear foundation you can just say 'Nope' Cool ) It doesn't clog my pores or cause breakouts, neither does it dry my skin out. So far I've only got praises for this powder.

I have had so many people complimenting my skin every time I wear this (it has to be the powder, nothing else in my skincare or makeup regimen has changed).

The only downside I can see for some people is that it doesn't come with SPF, which to me is no biggie because my moisturiser does. I don't have the box with me right now and each time I go to their website now there's a debug message that comes out and the site closes by itself so I can't post the ingredients.

On the whole though, a fabulous buy you will not regret – especially those with uber-shiny skins who live on blotters by the truckload. I for one am extremely happy with my purchase.
Lola Moroney
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:22 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the great review was thinking of getting it and now I definitely will
bamboo
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:25 pm      Reply with quote
Do you know the price for these? I'm so interested........... Embarassed
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
me too))Is the only way to buy this stuff from their site?
bugaboo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I just bought some of this and I couldn't beleive how good it is! I usually use my BE mineral veil over some MAC foundation but I always has to really blend the BE in and you could still see it on the hairs on my face! Mad The first time I tried the LM, I just applying some over the foundation primer as I was just running some errands and didn't want full foundation. It acually looked liked I was wearing foundation as my skin was smooth, flawless and it didn't show the hairs on my face. I also have bought some of her tinted moisturizer, can't wait to try it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:20 am      Reply with quote
why the dose is made of two halves?i hope you all could understand i said
thank you
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
It's not really a dose of two halves -- The lid is made in this nifty way so that you can open it so the shaker holes are clear (like a salt shaker) turn it upside-down once, then turn it right-side up again and close the shaker off (by rotating the part you see with looks like two halves) so that you don't end up with too much product on your brush.

I tried LM (this is the LM MMU with pearl powder right?) and was told I didn't look good in it, but I am going to try it with different creams underneath.

5% products discount

Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:51 am      Reply with quote
It sounds exactly the type of product I want. I hope it's available at EDS soon...or in the near future? Embarassed
oncloudten
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Laura Mercier has several great products...
her powders (pressed, loose and mineral) are all wonderful! Highly recommend!

Have you tried the LM Lip Silk? Fabulous stuff!!

V
Blaze
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:33 pm      Reply with quote
I use this currently myself and I agree. I made the full switch from BE to LM and won't go back to BE. For me, LM is much finer, leaves a more "porcelain" finish, and lasts longer. I mix the finishing powder with the MMU (rich vanilla) during the winter as my skin gets lighter during this time. In the summer, I put the powder over the MMU. Works great both ways.
samkaj
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 23, 2008 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
I have the LM translucent setting powder and use it , sometimes, to set my LM MMU. I wonder whether the mineral finishing powder works differently or better. I'm itching to get it but can't justify another product unless its diffeent or better.

Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 9:57 pm      Reply with quote
Sold. I'm picking it up tomorrow and will report soon. My skin has been getting oilier with summer approaching and my Nars powder doesn't seem to be cutting it.
blesstd
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 29, 2008 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Sounds wonderful - but where can you buy it from? Sephora? online only? Nordstrom?

Thanks!
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I should have updated this review looong ago.

Now don't be alarmed I'm still loving this powder BUT we both should have bought #1 because even if you apply just a teeny weeny (and I mean teeny weeny) bit too much #2 is too dark for you (unless you want to look tanned or purposely want to sport the face-is-darker-than-neck-and-decollete look Laughing )

For ref I am BB Natural or Warm Natural, my sister is about two or three shades lighter.

Dollbird which did you end up getting?

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
dollbird
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
I just picked up #1 thanks to your warning. Can't wait to wear it tomorrow!
jhelenhan
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 30, 2008 10:10 pm      Reply with quote
I like LM tinted moisturizer very much. Already used up 3 tubes now.
Linlin
5% products discount

Sat May 31, 2008 1:12 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the reviews on this product. I'm a big fan of LM. I use her tinted moisturizer and concealers. I was trying to finish off my Shu Uemura powder before buying a new one but I think I'll just have to pick some up! I'm so curious now!
KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 9:01 am      Reply with quote
I've reviving this old thread (which I found from the mattifying thread--thanks pumpingmummy!) because I have a silly question: how much do you use? I've used MMU for awhile now, so I'm at least somewhat familiar with the whole process-though by no means an expert! In any case, the few sprinkles of setting powder I've tried from other brands have never really worked (EDM, BE, etc.) I felt like I would've needed a full powder puff to do anything close to making my skin look porcelain! I'm guessing I just need to try some new brands (like LM), but I wanted to check first on how much I really should be using... Thanks!

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
How much powder? Very little. In fact the sheerer the better; I read somewhere LM herself said her powders work better used very sparingly. You can always dust on more if you think you need more.

I put on a sheer dusting at 6:45 this morning (over moisturiser and Neutrogena Dry Touch SS, no foundation or MMU) it is 11:40 now and I still look fresh and haven't the slightest shine on my face! I think by 3pm I'll get a little dewey looking but that's fine, dewey is good, too!

41 combination skin. Chanel Mat Lumiere Extreme in Beige Ambre for colour ref. I don't wear foundation anymore (thanks to this board I have better and healthier skin than when I was younger). Skincare staples: Retin A, Cleansing oil to remove makeup, BHA cleanser for hormonal breakouts, aloe vera gel, sunscreen.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 19, 2009 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
oh and if you look at the swatch on the LM page for this powder I probably use about half or a third of that for my whole face. HTH some!

KBLang
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
pumpingmummy wrote:
oh and if you look at the swatch on the LM page for this powder I probably use about half or a third of that for my whole face. HTH some!

That does help a lot -- thanks pumpingmummy! I think I'm going to have to give this a try since the summer heat is on the way... and I want to be dewy instead of oily. Smile

early 30s; combo skin: medium-fair pale with freckles, controlled breakouts. Love: argan and tamanu oil, Devita SS, NCN rhassoul cleansing bar, pumpkin peel, DIY Vit C serum. Getting into more DIY... Fan of natural/organic products.
edseds2009
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 20, 2009 11:24 pm      Reply with quote
I am also oily skin, and very interested in it.
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:30 am      Reply with quote
Sounds great! Is it suitable for dry skin btw?
saisai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:43 pm      Reply with quote
I tried it in store yesterday, however, I don't like it very much. It's good, but still not better than La mer loose powder, so I didn't purchase it.
pumpingmummy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:02 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to update that I've only now, after almost 2 years, bought my second jar! I don't think I can do without this powder. My main issues are shine control and hiding pores, and this baby does the job so well. I only wish it also came in pressed form - the jar is a tad bulky for travel. Since it doesn't - I transfer some into a small container and go.

System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:36 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |