Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

wild eyebrows
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:09 am      Reply with quote
my eyebrows are out of control. They grow longgggg and sometimes even curl. They are not overly thick so i can't tweeze the irritating beggars so what on earth can i do with them. BTW, they look really stupid when i trim them because they are dark....

help

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
your best bet is probably to go to a professional to help manage them. if you don't know who to go to, ask someone whose eyebrows you like and ask where they go to have them done.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I have good eyebrows naturally, but since some time ago started having my eyebrows done by threading. And I like the results a lot. Threading usually done by women (e.g. hair dressers) from Middle East or India.
marnie
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:49 pm      Reply with quote
Is threading more or less painful than plucking? I've always been curious to have it done.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
I think threading is comparable to plucking. I do not have lots of extra hair, but threading is faster and looks great. In addition to threading they also trim eyebrows to give nicer shape.

I thought that I did not need professional services for my eyebrows, but I am glad that my hairdresser at that time (that happened to be from India) offered to do my eye brows with threading. Now I keep on having my eyebrows done. Currently I have my hair done at one place and go to Iranian woman just for eyebrows.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
The more I read, the more I want to do threading instead of waxing. I think I'm going to see if my brow waxist gal can thread, or if she has a referral. I worry that over time, waxing will cause me to lose elasticity in that skin right below my brow bone. Plus, I'm super-pale and sensitive, so I look BRIGHT red all around my brows for a good couple days! Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:06 am      Reply with quote
don't be sad, actually i admire you a lot
i have two thin brows,
how i hope i could get them thick and deep colored as my hair is deep brown Confused
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Bobbi Brown's eyebrow gel may help.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
The more I read, the more I want to do threading instead of waxing. I think I'm going to see if my brow waxist gal can thread, or if she has a referral. I worry that over time, waxing will cause me to lose elasticity in that skin right below my brow bone. Plus, I'm super-pale and sensitive, so I look BRIGHT red all around my brows for a good couple days! Laughing

Both women that did threading for me offered waxing services as well. I asked both of them what on their opinion is better threading or waxing, and both replied that they favored threading over waxing. The reason was just the same as you specified waxing pulls the skin more.
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
I used to use transparent mascaras to hold them under control!
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I always have my brows threaded, it is the only way to keep a nice shape and even if I resort to plucking I go back at least once every 8 weeks to help refine the arch. Threading is not very painful, and less messy than waxing, most beauticians who are experienced in threading will be able to give anyone a good shape to suit their face. Also consider trimming the hair (most people think you cannot do anything else but pluck or thread to shape a brow) and it is OK to remove the hair above the eyebrow too!!
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Ooh! I would love to try this my eyebrows are a mess I've just left them alone now after too many plucking disasters. I have heard you can have them threaded at debenhams, but I would know where. Where can you get your eyebrows threaded?
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:09 am      Reply with quote
I've always wanted to try threading but I live in a samll town and no one does it around here. So what I did is go to a professional to have them shaped. Then I bought one of those small personal shavers (about the size of a big thick pencil) that have an accessory that you can trim long or trim short. I attach the trim long accessory and run it over my eyebrows and it trims the hair to a good length so I don't have long stray hairs sticking up anymore.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:40 am      Reply with quote
Hannah-Louise wrote:
.... Where can you get your eyebrows threaded?
This is a good question... The majority of Indian and Middle Eastern women does threading.
* If you know one of such women they should be able to help you.
* Also you can ask in hair salons if they have Indian/ME hair dressers. It should not be necessarily an expensive salon, you can get great eyebrows from an inexpensive one. I have my hair done at expensive salon, and eyebrows done at a totally different place (inexpensive one).
* One more option to go to an Indian grocery store in your area and ask women there, in fact I used to know one Indian grocery store where they did threading right in this store.
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:39 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Then I bought one of those small personal shavers (about the size of a big thick pencil) that have an accessory that you can trim long or trim short. I attach the trim long accessory and run it over my eyebrows and it trims the hair to a good length so I don't have long stray hairs sticking up anymore.

i already have one of these with the attachments long and short, but can't remember which attachment is for short and which is for long. I also have no idea how that works. Do you sort of comb it through the brow from the temple to the nose or the other way around?

I've been afraid to try it in case i shave off my entire brow... Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:45 am      Reply with quote
You should visit a beauty shop... or a salon, they do it for only about $15 each time. They'll design, trim, wax, and make your eyebrows perfect each time!!

Be careful though, if you decide to let them wax your eyebrows, don't do it right before your big date. Waxing'll make you look super red!! Sad That's the only thing I don't like about it...
pink_apple
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:14 pm      Reply with quote
Right. Since you have that big problem on your eyebrow, why don't you go to professional service?
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 14, 2008 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
Another vote here for threading. It's great!
SusanSkin
5% products discount

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
I definitely agree that you should go to a professional to get your eyebrows done if you aren't having success at home. It may look bad when you try to trim your eyebrows, but a professional would know how to do it and make your eyebrows look great.
yomama606
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:10 pm      Reply with quote
Threading is great for your situation. If you can't pluck then I would get them threaded. Its cheaper and not as painful as waxing.
hotiron123
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
One of my close male friends admits that threading is the most effect way to tame his bush! I think I might try it out myself.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
my friend (who's a makeup artist) taught me to use a clear mascara (a cheap one would do) to hold the brows in place.
DStats19
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:27 am      Reply with quote
2 things i do.

1. get a microtouch trimmer. i use it to shape my eyebrows to my preference. then use the long or short attachment to control the length of the hairs.

2. some people prefer slanted tweezers but i noticed the flat square ones are easier for plucking those hard tiny hairs.

hope this helped.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |