Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dehydrated skin - I think? Help plz :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
AdamKlang

Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have been extremly dryed out many times by the sun, strong acne creems and allergic.

So now i have ended up with a skin of this description:

When i put water in my face my skin become red.
And after i put water in my face, i have to put some moisture on after, otherwise iam feeling a very dry feeling(I become dry).
And when iam feeling dry, i also become red(Dont know why).
And i also shine very much when iam feeling dry. (Dont know exactly why.. But i think its something to do with that my skin tries to compensate for the moisture that istn't there(Does it make sense))

Iam pretty sure i got a dehydrated skin situation.

Plz come with suggestions about whick skincare products i should use?

Plz help me Smile -

THANK U ALL Smile
bluepacific
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:12 pm      Reply with quote
I had a very similar problem. It got so bad that my friend shared an amp of Dr. Hauschka Rhythmic Conditioner. I ended up buying a whole box of it and tried using it for 4 weeks. It worked well. My face was no longer dry and the redness went away.

Since then, I've been using Dr. Hauschka products!

Oh, and make sure you drink lots of water and eat healthy. Smile
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Try camellia oil at night. Just spread a thin layer of camellia oil on clean face before going to bed. I get my camellia oil at http://www.gardenofwisdom.com/page/page/3987807.htm

In addition, you can mix a it with Helichrysum essential oil. It sold at GoW but at http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/aroma/f-l.html and http://nandaoils.com/essential-oils---a-to-k-helichrysum.html it is less expensive. Helichrysum essential oil should not be applied to skin undiluted, mix it with carrier oil such as camellia oil.
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto the water consumption, it can be a HUGE help. I'm in love with Emu oil, it can be used as a stand alone moisturizer or since it is a carrier oil it can help push other products deeper into your face. It's fabulous stuff.
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:06 pm      Reply with quote
try hydrating mask such as Sisley's Express Flower gel.
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:38 am      Reply with quote
Highly recommend Phytomer! I notice you say your face become red easily, are you sensitive dehydrated Skin? Phytomer are very good for sensitive skin!
I got very very dehydrated skin too, my skin feel pain if I didn't not put enough moisturizer for my face! I am now using Phytomer HydraContinue Instant Moisture Cream + EMU oil, it works super well~
Remember to use Hydrating mask twice a week! Phytomer HydraContinue Relaxing Moisturizing Mask is very good too!

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Thank u guys for all the replies Smile

Unfourntaly i cant use all to naturly products, becuase i react against them(Alleric something). Especially essensiele oils.. I really cant use them Sad..

What about Phytomer ? - Is that also 100% naturlly? -

More replies is still more than welcome Smile
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:25 am      Reply with quote
AdamKlang wrote:
Thank u guys for all the replies Smile

Unfourntaly i cant use all to naturly products, becuase i react against them(Alleric something). Especially essensiele oils.. I really cant use them Sad..

What about Phytomer ? - Is that also 100% naturlly? -

More replies is still more than welcome Smile

If I am really sensitive, reactive and dehydrated, I use atopalm, which is as good as scentless and free of essential oils. (available at skinstore.com)

I quite understand that you are not able to use any essential oils, because I cannot do that either when my skin is acting up, but this product is really soothing and helping.

Oh, and I liked the PSF O2 spray-serum as well for calming my skin, and adding the extra moisture (during daytime or so). That one is available here: http://www.essentialdayspa.com/psf-o2-rescue-serum-p_4973.htm
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:56 am      Reply with quote
i think you could apply some barrier cream for this period
and not use any other stuff to your face skin
Neutral
Diana P
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:41 am      Reply with quote
I use jojoba oil. I read that it is very similar to human sebum.
I second the Dr H Rejuvanating Mask. It is very hydrating. When I was having more skin problems, I would apply a thin layer of it and leave it on overnight. The redness would be gone by morning and my skin would look "fresh".
Hannah-Louise
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:42 am      Reply with quote
It sounds annoying but you need to drink LOADS, and skin wise I'd try Shea butter, it is SO INCREDIBLY hydrating, I love it. They sell some at EDS I think. L'Occitane its under, its brilliant. I've give that a try.
hahaqj
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
you can try a cheap but useful product ,
cetaphil moisturizer cream.
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:47 am      Reply with quote
Id also recommend for you to try the camelia oil at night.

For a moisturizing treatment to could try putting honey on the face for 5 minutes then wash it off with water.

Hmm also drink lots of water. And watch the diet too add more fruits and veges

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for your good suggestion.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |