Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
What shampoo do you use?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
xxndnromeoxx
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I have to shampoo my hair daily or every other day, and I need one that does not turn my hair into instant straw as soon as the shampoo washes out. I admit, I don't know much about shampoos except that the ones in the store are as effective as dishwasher fluid (or so I've heard!).

What do you recommend, that's as cheap as possible? I know they can get pretty pricey, but I want something readily available, cost effective,

And something that will not turn my hair really dry!

I've tried organic shampoos as well (jasons) but even that does the same for my hair.

And I only wait till my hair gets oily to shampoo so in case that question comes up Smile
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 5:13 pm      Reply with quote
I've heard of people with extremely dry hair just using conditioner as their hair cleanser. They say conditioner will dissolve the dirt and oils in the hair without making it dry like shampoo will. Might be worth a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
I really like the Organix Thera Neem line, I use both the shampoo and conditioner. Not only do they never dry out or build up in my hair but, they really help promote a healty scalp too. You can get them online or at Whole Foods, they are priced around 12 bucks each.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 21, 2008 11:18 pm      Reply with quote
I know someone who works on the Gold Coast in Chicago and she is now recommending Senscience shampoos. This apparently is the buzz the way Kerastase was a few years back. I haven't tried it yet, as I have almost a full bottle of Kerastase Bain Satin #1 and some Rene Fuerterer for volume to finish. They are good, but one always hopes for more. Right?
violetanne
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:57 am      Reply with quote
The best shampoo I've ever used is Biolage Ultra-Hydrating shampoo. It's expensive ($14 a bottle, maybe), but not over drying and good on the scalp. Most shampoos either dry my hair out or make my scalp flaky and itchy. I would actually suggest Wen, the cleansing condtioner. I've been using it a few weeks now and love it. My hair is growing better because I'm having WAY less breakage and my hair is soft and shiny. it hasn't looked this good in forever. It is kind of expensive, though, and you can only get it online, unless you live in Hollywood by Chaz Dean's salon. Which I don't. Laughing

OH! I forgot about Yes to Carrots! I used their condtioner and it was really good. The shampoo, I've heard, is really great as well. You can get it at Walgreens.
Caspers Mum

Tue Jan 22, 2008 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Based on what you have described, you might want to consider using a shampoo which hydrates hair. Regardless of whether your hair is chemically-treated, a person with normal/normal-dry/dry hair ought to be fine using any of the following shampoos:

* Sunsilk Hydra TLC Shampoo
http://www.gethairapy.com/products/detail.php?product=hydra_tlc

* Sunsilk Anti Poof Shampoo
[url]http://www.gethairapy.com/products/detail.php?product=anti-poof [/url] (I am using this one right now, and like it.)

* Infusium Colorology Shampoo
http://www.infusium.com/us/our_collections/colourologie/shampoo.jsp

Do you use conditioner after shampooing? If you have hard(er) water from a well or municipal source, this can also influence the way your hair feels.

Footnote: I wash my hair every 2-3 days, have softer water, but used to wash every day after the gym. My hair is fine & silky in texture, flat on top, absolutely curly at back, highlighted with 40 Volume bleach, and it very thick.

Perhaps using a shine serum will help smooth & soften the texture of your hair post wash/cond.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
I appreciate all the comments! They were so helpful, I am looking into each option posted and am narrowing it down Smile Thanks once again, I appreciate it truly!
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am using Aveda, specially for color-treated hair. It is nice but quite expensive.
peppy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:46 am      Reply with quote
have you tried the body shop?
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:21 am      Reply with quote
I am completely hooked on Trader Joe's Nourish Spa Shampoo and Conditioner. There's a long thread about it here on EDS (Google the name + EDS).

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
John Master, it's good!

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
Frederic Fekkai &
Philip B.
Dahli
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:36 pm      Reply with quote
I use Curly Wurly by Lush, also Ken Paves flawless shampoo seemed to be nice on my hair as well.
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:15 pm      Reply with quote
I highlight my hair every 10-12 weeks and also have a tendency towards dry hair. I use Redken All-soft shampoo & conditioner. I deep condition as needed with any of the following: Ojon restorative treatment, Redken Extreme & PPT, Jojoba & Coconut oils. (I alternate between these products). I highly recommend any of the above for treatment of dry hair. You specifically requested an inexpensive product and for a less $$ option I would recommend trying Dove Advanced Color Care Leave-in Luminizing Mist:

http://www.dove.us/your_hair/ac_color_light_mist.asp

I remember reading somewhere (maybe Allure) that this was an outstanding product for the $. I have tried it on occasion (my mother uses it) and it does leave your hair nice and soft.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
John Masters hibiscus shampoo & conditioner is marvelous. I find it too rich to use more than once a week ad in betwwen use MOP C-system which is also great and very nourishing. Both smell divine also!
LisaAnn
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have thick curly hair and I am in total ADORATION of the Yes to Carrots line. It's available at Walgreens, my hair loves it.
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:17 am      Reply with quote
i am using l'oreal extreme liss shampoo right now
yobi
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:18 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using Avalon Organic, it's good.
skincareaddicted
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
Jason Naturals Seaweed Shampoo and Trader Joe's brands.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
I use Naked shampoo and conditioner products, they are free from SLS and Paraben and I find them really good. I get them from Boots here in the UK.
Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
I have yet to find something effective for my fly away hair. But at the moment, I am using Biolage.
Kiwi bird
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:23 pm      Reply with quote
I am using fudge at the moment I find it quite good. I have also used DeLorenzo which great too.
higig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Voluming shampoo bbw.
daydreamingda
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using Nioxin... as I am afraid of thinning hair... Embarassed
cortigirl
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 06, 2008 11:55 am      Reply with quote
I really like pureology!
System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:27 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |