Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best Remedy for Ingrown Hairs/Bumps from Waxing
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
So once again I am counting on the girls of EDS to help me out with this one. I have been waxing my bikini area for about 4 years now (and a little more than just that area, I have to admit Wink ) I used to shave but it gave me terrible ingrown hairs and bumps, which just wasnt the look I was going for! When I first started waxing I had less bumps and ingrown hairs, but until this day I still get some, although its not everytime I wax. When I get ingrown hairs they swell up really bad, and I have to wait for the bump to go down before I can get the hair out with a tweezer. Sorry if this is not a pleasant post, but I figured we're all girls here, and Im sure at least some of you have had the same problem or at least know how to prevent it!
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:53 pm      Reply with quote
A BHA product will usually help exfoliate and make it easier to get at the ingrown hair. I dont really like Tend Skin as it burns too much for me to use but you can make an asprin mask too. I really like Baxter's Razor Bump repair (I think that is what its called). Its a men's product but I find it works great for ingrowns.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
I agree that BHA is the way to go, but that Tend Skin is not the best formulation. Myself, I've never tried it, but the ingredient list contains things that both block pores and irritate sensitive skin, so no good for this girl!

I know some gals on this forum have used aspirin masks for just this purpose, and loved it. I myself have experimented with Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum, but my latest-and-greatest bikini-area fave is Devita's Acne Clearing Pads.

They're just little white round discs of solution-soaked fibers, and I wipe down the whole area to make sure there's no body lotion, etc. left to clog pores. (I don't wax, because my skin's just not up for that -- I use a really great personal groomer thing instead to just trim it right to the skin -- but I'm so prone to ingrowns that even this can irritate me. And the Devita really helps with that.)

Good luck! Let us know what your final solution is.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 12:09 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I agree that BHA is the way to go, but that Tend Skin is not the best formulation. Myself, I've never tried it, but the ingredient list contains things that both block pores and irritate sensitive skin, so no good for this girl!

I know some gals on this forum have used aspirin masks for just this purpose, and loved it. I myself have experimented with Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum, but my latest-and-greatest bikini-area fave is Devita's Acne Clearing Pads.

They're just little white round discs of solution-soaked fibers, and I wipe down the whole area to make sure there's no body lotion, etc. left to clog pores. (I don't wax, because my skin's just not up for that -- I use a really great personal groomer thing instead to just trim it right to the skin -- but I'm so prone to ingrowns that even this can irritate me. And the Devita really helps with that.)

Good luck! Let us know what your final solution is.

Hey Can you please specify which product and which brand personal grooming device you use.
I also want to switch from wax to just to trim.
And looking for good trimming tool!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:44 am      Reply with quote
I use an epilator - it hurts like hell in the beginning, but you get used to it (like waxing). And I think I get many fewer bumps with the epilator than with shaving. Afterward I use 99% Aloe Vera gel. I then use a soft loofa or something like that to exfoliate on days when I don't use the epilator. It's been working pretty well for me.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:24 pm      Reply with quote
I just recently purchased a Remington trimmer device, because my boyfriend had a WalMart gift card to use up. Laughing I threw away the packaging and it doesn't actually say the model anywhere on the device.

And it's not listed on their website, but here's the thing: if you go here, it's the one in the giant picture above the products. (But it's not actually listed among the products.) That's probably not very helpful, but it's all I got, sorry!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
rosyface
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
i think this is what you are looking for:

http://ca.remington-products.com/products/hairremoval/wpg150.html

the Remington Trim & shape 5-in-1 Beauty Kit.

i like the look of that too and will be looking for it as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:22 pm      Reply with quote
Exactly, I think that's it. But mine had mint-green casing so I didn't recognize it as the same.

It has a bunch of attachments, but I've only used two -- one for trimming the sides super-close to the skin, almost like a shave, and the other for trimming the longer stuff so it's a bit neater. I LOVE it, it's SO much better than my old device! And I like that it's cordless but you can recharge it by plugging it in, instead of spending $$$ on batteries.

Juliemarie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:59 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting, my daughter has just experienced this - being young she panicked and thought she has some cancerous growth!
I will pass the info on to her! Shock
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Juliemarie wrote:
Interesting, my daughter has just experienced this - being young she panicked and thought she has some cancerous growth!
I will pass the info on to her! Shock

I know the feeling! I freaked out when I first got them too!
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Do you girls have a BHA product that you could recommend? I have never used this kind of product before, so I need some advice. Smile
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
I'll reiterate that I'm gung-ho for those Devita Acne Pads (with .5% salicylic acid). They're so much better than putting a cream there, IMO, because actual creams/lotions can be sticky and make the lint from your jeans/etc. stick to that area -- not pretty!

angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 4:51 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I'll reiterate that I'm gung-ho for those Devita Acne Pads (with .5% salicylic acid). They're so much better than putting a cream there, IMO, because actual creams/lotions can be sticky and make the lint from your jeans/etc. stick to that area -- not pretty!

Yes, that is not the look I want. Lol. What does a BHA lotion do? Im assuming it does some kind of exfoliation. Im just now getting into the skin care thing and hopefully Im doing it early enough (Im 23). Ive heard of BHA and AHA and I know what they stand for, but I just wanted to know how they work. Smile
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Angelwings,
where are you located?
For US you can trywww.paulaschoice.com I think she has a drugstore list of BHA recs too.

In Canada you can trywww.krippspharmacy.com
As well as Reversa and Neostrata which is in the drugstores.

Or you can use mens stuff like the Baxter Anti bump repair which is basically for ingrowns.

There are other BHA but I think they are so pricy. Like Peter Thomas Roth.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
sakura wrote:
Angelwings,
where are you located?
For US you can trywww.paulaschoice.com I think she has a drugstore list of BHA recs too.

In Canada you can trywww.krippspharmacy.com
As well as Reversa and Neostrata which is in the drugstores.

Or you can use mens stuff like the Baxter Anti bump repair which is basically for ingrowns.

There are other BHA but I think they are so pricy. Like Peter Thomas Roth.

I am in the US. Thank you for those sites! I appreciate it. Very Happy
ritas
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:44 am      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
I just recently purchased a Remington trimmer device, because my boyfriend had a WalMart gift card to use up. Laughing I threw away the packaging and it doesn't actually say the model anywhere on the device.

And it's not listed on their website, but here's the thing: if you go here, it's the one in the giant picture above the products. (But it's not actually listed among the products.) That's probably not very helpful, but it's all I got, sorry!

Hey,
Thanks alot for your reply. I do waxing/shaving/epilator to that area. All of that makes me breakout allot. I am fed up and reall feel embarrased bcos of that gross look of area. My gyne suggested me to trim only so i was looking for alternative. I'll definately give this try!!

thnx Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
I also epilate that area and i get so many ingrowns, sometimes they just never seem to go away. I often forget to exfoliate lightly in the shower but I like the idea of those Devita acne pads.

Thank you for starting this thread angelwings, I think it's going to help my nether regions become bump free.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
For what it's worth, I bought the Devita pads to use on my face, but I never use them there because they contain too much alcohol (despite being marketed as alcohol-free -- GRR!).

But I use them ALL the time on my bikini area and also my underarms, since I'm super-prone to ingrowns and irritated follicles in both of those spots. It's also a nice way to just freshen up those areas -- I don't use them with any kind of regularity, since they're a recent purchase, but I do it every couple days when I remember, plus right after I trim my bikini area, and they really seem to have helped with irritation.

I'll definitely be re-purchasing them for that purpose -- I love 'em! Internatural.com has great prices (H/T to skincareaddicted for that one!).

Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
I tried tend skin before- i think it has a high alcohol content b/c that is all I could smell. Plus it stung like crazy and dried out my skin.
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:19 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
For what it's worth, I bought the Devita pads to use on my face, but I never use them there because they contain too much alcohol (despite being marketed as alcohol-free -- GRR!).

But I use them ALL the time on my bikini area and also my underarms, since I'm super-prone to ingrowns and irritated follicles in both of those spots. It's also a nice way to just freshen up those areas -- I don't use them with any kind of regularity, since they're a recent purchase, but I do it every couple days when I remember, plus right after I trim my bikini area, and they really seem to have helped with irritation.

I'll definitely be re-purchasing them for that purpose -- I love 'em! Internatural.com has great prices (H/T to skincareaddicted for that one!).

Thanks for that website! They really do have good prices! It says Devita products are on sale for 30% off. Do they always have stuff discounted from retail prices? The reason I ask is that it says 30% off this month, and since I dont get paid until Friday and this is the last day of this month, I was just wondering if the prices are always this good. Smile
angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
beti wrote:
I also epilate that area and i get so many ingrowns, sometimes they just never seem to go away. I often forget to exfoliate lightly in the shower but I like the idea of those Devita acne pads.

Thank you for starting this thread angelwings, I think it's going to help my nether regions become bump free.

No problem! I think that us girls want to look pretty down there too, even though we might be a little embarassed to admit it at first!
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:44 pm      Reply with quote
Well, that's tough -- it said that discount amount every time I've seen it, and it always said "this month!" but it seems to have been that way since December. I hesitate to tell you it will ALWAYS be that way, but my bet is that you have good chances of still getting the low price. Smile

angelwings1226
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
ginnielizz wrote:
Well, that's tough -- it said that discount amount every time I've seen it, and it always said "this month!" but it seems to have been that way since December. I hesitate to tell you it will ALWAYS be that way, but my bet is that you have good chances of still getting the low price. Smile

Ok. Well that gives me some insight at least. Thanks love. Smile
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 8:57 pm      Reply with quote
i am using l'oreal extreme liss shampoo,
it contains BHA but it doesn't make my hair glossy but grassy.
i recommend you aveda brilliant shampoo
ok, i didn't use it before but i want to have a try on it when i finish with the extreme liss
and i have previewed some posts on mua , and i think it works more or less Wink
Smoky1
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
I used Tend Skin a lot when I was getting electrolysis on my bikini line. It was great, although it stung and dried the skin. Another alternative is Clinique's toner 4 (I can't imagine using it on the face, but it was great for ingrown hair!)

Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:14 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |