Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

UnderArms Hair Removal?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
I am wondering what hair removal method you use for under arm area and what works best for you and why?

Iv heard and read that waxing overtime can increase the hair growth if not make the hair root stronger so if you try a permanant method later on it will make the job much harder...i mean youd need several treatments to totally kill the hair if you have done waxing or for example plucking before.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm lucky that my underarm hair don't grow all that quickly at all. Most Asians seem to be lucky on this follicle front....I usually pluck the few that I see sprouting up. I've shaved there before but I prefer to pluck. My Japanese sis-in-law's doesn't even have underarm hair as they don't grow there at all. I can't imagine actually waxing there, too sensitive ! Embarassed

Waxing tugs and stretches the skin over time, and is only safe on the legs (or backs of carpets) Laughing
vanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
I just shave. I once tried using an epilator, but had to stop because it was unbearably painful. I also waxed my underarms a couple of times (found this to be less painful than the epilator) but couldn't stand the growth in-between waxes. I'm now considering IPL.
stovetop
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Combo of laser hair removal and electrolysis.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:45 am      Reply with quote
I shave too. I used to get irritated ingrown hairs from shaving, but now that I use a shave oil and my own DIY natural deodorant, my underarms are never irritated or red anymore. I'm sure I could try using my personal shaver thing that I use on my bikini area, but I prefer the super-close shave you get from using a wet razor.

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
carforum
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:17 pm      Reply with quote
I use shaver during shower!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
I epilate mine. Scary and painful the first time, but a bit less with time. First time I needed the artificial courage of two glasses of wine before starting....
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
I shave- with hair conditioner and a venus razor- the hair conditioner softens the hair and the venus razor get very close for a smooth shave.
I tried laser once- hurt like hell.
irka
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
I use the epilator.I bled and cried the first week because I always shaved the area before.Now I just need to do it once a week and I am good to go.No more razor burns-my skin is very sensitive.
As to the theory that plucking makes hair grow more-not true.I epilate and pluck every body part that needs hair removal.My legs are partially bold because the of this now,even if I don't do anything to them for a couple of months.So this is definitely a myth.
lilome
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:36 am      Reply with quote
I have had laser done on my armpits. The results were immediate and dramatic: no more hairs in just 4 sessions. Great - money well spent!

45, normal skin, formerly break out prone, normalised through OCM, CP's, Retin-A, emu oil, very few fine lines, some sagging in jawline on the way to be corrected thanks to Ageless, Facercise, Flexeffect, delighted with pucker-up, dermarolling , knuckle massage, tanaka massage, cross-stretching, facial detox
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:53 am      Reply with quote
I received Laser treatment for underarm hair removal. It's really nice!!!
Jeannine
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I'm so glad it worked for you. It's awesome when it does work. Unfortunately, I tried 4 sessions with one type of laser, and a couple of years later 6 sessions with another type of laser. Neither laser made a dent or difference, and I wasted a LOT of money. I'm stuck with shaving. Sad

lilome wrote:
I have had laser done on my armpits. The results were immediate and dramatic: no more hairs in just 4 sessions. Great - money well spent!

Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:39 am      Reply with quote
I think the softer nair products *may* work, however, the tougher nair products don't work anywhere on my body so...not sure. Sad

The conditioner + razor thing is inexpensive and good with quality conditioner(that type that makes your hair feel "wetter" than it already is, or detangler.)
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
i am an asian, lucky i have not heavy hair all over my body
but underarms hair really is a problem to me
no idea of removing them totally and forever
with easy way
just know you can remove it forever with laser treatment Embarassed
LilLoco
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
I had electrolysis done years ago. Hurts a bit (like a mosquito bite to each follicle), costs some dough ($40 an hour), and takes a few sessions, but money well spent in my book! I shave once or twice a year. And when I do pick up my razor, it's to get one or two recalcitrant hairs. Wish I had the money and time to do my legs!
Canadian Girl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
LilLoco wrote:
I had electrolysis done years ago. Hurts a bit (like a mosquito bite to each follicle), costs some dough ($40 an hour), and takes a few sessions, but money well spent in my book! I shave once or twice a year. And when I do pick up my razor, it's to get one or two recalcitrant hairs. Wish I had the money and time to do my legs!

How long was each session? And how much did you end up paying in total? I'm thinking about getting electrolysis done since laser doesn't really work
simran
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:32 am      Reply with quote
i know for sure electrolysis will hurt like hell on the under arm area....i am getting eelectrolysis done on the face even eyebrows where the pain is sometimes unbearable, sometimes ok.....but hmm underarm i can jus imagine it....although it will be nice to have the permanance and not to worry about it again Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 3:38 am      Reply with quote
simran - my electrolysis technican gives me a rubber ball to squeeze when she is working on my underarms and for whatever reason it does help with the pain.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:51 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |