Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

What's your favorite cleanser to use with the Clarisonic?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:47 am      Reply with quote
I figured I'd start a new thread asking about what cleansers people like to use with the Clarisonic. With all the increased interest in the Clarisonic brush, I know many people are getting one for the first time and would probably be interested as well.

I've had my brush for a number of years now and love it. I'm not a particular fan of the cleanser that came with the brush but I got a lot of it because in addition to the sample, the package I got included a full size of it. Needless to say, I still have it (as a backup in case I run out).

I've used a number of cleansers so far. Sometimes I use the Burt's Bee orange oil cleanser. I do a manual massage of my face with it. Leave it on a while. Then manually massage again before using the Clarisonic. Afterward, I rinse the brush with soap and water and find that the brush is fine.

But my favorite cleanser I've used with my Clarisonic so far is Diana Yvonne's rosehip cleanser. It's light, doesn't dry out my dry skin, and smells nice (like roses). You can buy a sample like I did at first atwww.dianayvonne.com

Quote:

Diana Yvonne Rosehip Cleanser
1oz. sample - $4; 4oz - $12; 8oz - $22

A natural vegetable oil based cleanser enriched with Rose Hip Seed Oil and essential oils. 5.5 pH

A powerful combination of rose hip seed, olive oil, seaweed, and over 70 essential oils provide a complete spectrum of skin protection every time you cleanse. The soap is 5.5 pH, same as your skin, and won't strip or damage the skins protective barrier.

Rose hip seed possesses remarkable skin rejuvenating properties, and is an exceptional treatment for overexposure to the sun, scars, stretch marks and pigment spots.

Seaweed extract conditions and hydrates skin, while providing nature's most complete source of vitamins and nutrients.

Essential oils, the "life-blood" of plants, infuse the skin with vitality and healing.

Ingredients: Purified Water, Olive Oil Castile, Vegetable Glycerine, Rose hip See Oil, Essential oils, Seaweed Extract.

Of course, I'm interested in what others use as well. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I use Naturderms Triple Lavender Face Foam and PSF Enzyme cleanser with collodial Silver.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for starting this thread! Like you said, I'm into buying one what with all the recent hype, so I'm bookmarking this thread for when I actually get mine. Yay!

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
cathy_jean
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
Since I got my Clarisonic (around a year ago) I've been using Alba's Coconut Milk Facial Wash and it's worked well for me as I need something gentle because I don't want to trigger a rosacea flare. I also like this product because it claims to be pH balanced.

I pre wash my face with the cleanser first to remove my make up, and then follow up with the Clarisonic and the cleanser.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:34 pm      Reply with quote
Lunarmm, thanks for starting this thread. Do you think this Diana Yvonne cleanser would be safe/ too moisturising for skin wih acne?

Thanks!
flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:46 pm      Reply with quote
I very much like PSF's Green Tea Cleanser. It works well as a cleanser with the Clarisonic, rinses easily, and is very, very gentle. Good stuff...

I just checked the EDS forum for the ingredients--here they are:Aloe barbadensis (Organic Aloe) Leaf Juice, Camellia Sinensis (Organic Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Hyaluronic Acid (Sodium Hyaluronate), Lactose (Milk Sugars), Lavendula angustifolia (Organic Lavender) Distillate, Anthemis nobilis (Organic Chamomile) Distillate, Rosa damascena (Rose) Distillatem Vitis vinifera (Grapeseed) Oil, Sorbitan monostearate, Palm Stearic Acide, Vegetable Glycerin, Hamamelis virginiana (Witch Hazel) Distillate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Phenoxyethanol, SOdium EDTA, Xanthan Gum, Organically Derived Honey, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C-Ester), d-Calcium Pantothenate (Pro-vitamin B5), Fucus vesiculosis (Seaweed) Extract, Retinol Palitate (Vitamin A), Amorphophallus konjac (Konnyaku) Root, Salix nigra (Black Willow Bark) Extract, Azadirachta indica (Neem Leaf) Oil, Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) Oleoresin, Citric Acid.

I noticed two things--there are a few changes from the version of the cleanser that I have been using--its now paraben free, no longer has an emulsifying wax, a couple of ingredients are gone and a couple more present, and the order of some of the ingredients differs in the current version from what I'm using. Being paraben free, it is probably necessary to use it up faster than I have done with the older formula.(I keep trying this and that, so I don't necessarily use it twice a day.) I assume that it's still pretty close to what I've been using though.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I think the Diana Yvonne rosehip cleanser is very gentle and would be fine for all skin types - it is gel-like. But you might want to try one of Diana Yvonne's cleansers specifically formulated for acne: http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/11/

The nice thing is you can buy samples of the ones you are interested in and compare them before buying a bigger size. I bought a sample of rosehip and of the peppermint (without realizing the peppermint's not recommended for the face - and I agree - I don't like the crystals in it while cleansing the face).

Another positive note on the rosehip one - I found the 1 oz. sample lasted a long time since you only need to use a little!

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2008 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
I guess I could probably go for her acne cleansers. But what got me interested was the rosehip one you were recommending! Sounds heavenly, love the idea good smelling essential oil cleansers.. Razz

Was just wondering how you managed to make your cleansers last with the clarisonic? I found that I go through my cleansers much faster when using clarisonic! Confused
pandora77
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 1:05 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I think the Diana Yvonne rosehip cleanser is very gentle and would be fine for all skin types - it is gel-like. But you might want to try one of Diana Yvonne's cleansers specifically formulated for acne: http://www.dianayvonne.com/category/11/

The nice thing is you can buy samples of the ones you are interested in and compare them before buying a bigger size. I bought a sample of rosehip and of the peppermint (without realizing the peppermint's not recommended for the face - and I agree - I don't like the crystals in it while cleansing the face).

Another positive note on the rosehip one - I found the 1 oz. sample lasted a long time since you only need to use a little!

Thanks for reminding me of this site! I took a look at these and they seem really nice, I was sent a smaple of her Green Tea cleanser last time I ordered but they don't seem to have that anymore. I think the Wheat Germ Cleanser looks like it would be good with the Clarisonic but the Rosehip and Alpha Beta cleansers look interesting too.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
I wet my face and then dab a drop or two of the rosehip cleanser on my face. I manually rub the cleanser around a bit. Then I wet the Clarisonic brush and start using it on my face. The rosehip cleanser is thick and gel-like but disperses well so I only have had to use a little bit with the brush.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
My skin likes a cream cleanser. I currently use two: Caudalie Cleansing Cream and Janson Becketts Organic Cleansing Milk.

As I am getting older I realize my biggest beauty secret is smile more and frown less. Be aware that wrinkles do not make a person unattractive. Cynicism, unforgiveness, anger and jealousy are the real culprits. Sixty something Smile
Ambien
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I wet my face and then dab a drop or two of the rosehip cleanser on my face. I manually rub the cleanser around a bit. Then I wet the Clarisonic brush and start using it on my face. The rosehip cleanser is thick and gel-like but disperses well so I only have had to use a little bit with the brush.

It does sounds good and guess can't go wrong with a decent sampling program too! Drool
Ok, now I am gonna have to start working hard at finishing my cleansers... Embarassed
felinehhy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
recently one of my friend buy this brush from eds
and i haven't the idea of the reason that she pay a lot to buy a brush.
but she tells me the brush is amazing, it can clean your skin gentlly and totally
but i would better have a regular cleanser rather than this mechnical cleansing helper
i am afraid it will make my skin thinner Exclamation
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I GOT ONE I GOT ONE I GOT ONE!!! Okay, it's not exactly like I'm the first EDS gal to buy a Clarisonic to date, but I'm still excited. Smile It kills me to have to wait a full 24 hours before I can try it out, but at least this way I'm forced to do a bit more research to make sure I don't do something wrong.

I just tested out the Clarisonic cleanser that came with it, and I'm surprised by how much I don't hate it, haha. (I'm usually so picky with ingredients and formulations that I pooh-pooh most "standard" brands, but this stuff is pretty decent, both ingredient-wise and consistency-wise.) I'll probably switch, though, to something that's more moisturizing and free of parabens.

So I thought I'd bump this ole thread and see if we had any more people weighing in with cleanser preferences! TIA Very Happy

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
BumbleB
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:03 pm      Reply with quote
Haha - you and me both Ginnielizz!!! I just unpacked mine and came searching for this thread.

Laughing

I probably will use the cleanser that came with it for now, but I can't help but think that some of my other stuff (Dr. H cleansing cream) might work too.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Happy Day Girls - Enjoy, enjoy. It is a good investment - you'll love your Clarisonic. I use Diana Yvonne's Rose Hip most of the time. I have a few EDS samples that I like also - one is a creamy Janson Beckett.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
BumbleB, I'm sad to say that I think you should hold off on using the Dr. H Cleansing Cream -- both Vonstella and the manufacturer caution against anything that has grains or particles in it. Bummer, right? I mean, DHCC is lovely on its own, so maybe you can use that AM and Clarisonic PM?

Anyway, I too plan to use the cleanser that comes with it for starters, and switch once I have a good feel for the consistency. I may even try making my own, we'll see! I also may go with Burt's Bees since I use that anyway.

Have fun! The charge light JUST stopped flashing on mine, but I'm frantically cleaning the apartment before my boyfriend's parents land tonight, so I'll probably wait to try it out until after we've all had dinner. Smile Good luck and congrats!

lucyluc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:31 am      Reply with quote
I pick my clarisonic up today at the PO is it ok to use cetaphil with the brush? I am very excited to use this new toy!
mamawalnut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:04 am      Reply with quote
Congrats to the ladies with their new Clarisonics. I'm curious to hear what you think about it. I have enjoyed mine immensely even though it's been put aside for now while I do Obagi. I am looking forward to using it again soon. My favorite cleansers to use with the Clarisonic are Philosophy's Purity and two of Burt's Bees cleansers - the Orange Oil Cleanser that's already been mentioned and their Deep Cleansing Cream. I also find like others that I use more cleanser with the Clarisonic and these are nice and not too expensive to use generously.

Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:27 pm      Reply with quote
Can the Clarisonic brush be used with a cleanser that is for acne? I currently use Neutrogena's oil free acne wash and was wondering if that would be too harsh to use with the brush. Also I use clindamyocin and tretinoin gel .025%. Would adding the Clarisonic brush be too much? I have severe acne and nothing I do seems to help.
Sadrina
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
I use either DY wheat germ or PSF castille cleanser with my Clarisonic.
luvyourskin
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:42 pm      Reply with quote
lucyluc wrote:
I pick my clarisonic up today at the PO is it ok to use cetaphil with the brush? I am very excited to use this new toy!

I think cetaphil would be a good choice... effective, mild, reasonably priced and has a nice texture.
I have used a variety of cleansers with the brush, and my faves are the lighter gels and lotions...the thicker creams just don't feel right on the brush for me.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I'm about to purchase PSF's Green Tea Cleanser with my recent EDS winnings, because I'm concerned that the Burt's Bees is too oily and is indeed messing with my Clarisonic's bristles. (Even though I've only been using mine for a month, some of the bristles are getting all tweakey. But I don't want to change brushes this early -- that'd get way too expensive!)

I'm also concerned that the orange oil in the BB cleanser might be problematic over time, photosensitivity-wise. And I've been using that cleanser for AGES since it's the best I've found yet! I'll let you guys know how it goes... I may buy a couple other creamy cleansers to try out with my C.

And here's a funny off-topic Clarisonic story. You know those three initial beeps when you turn it on? Well, I have mine set to ascending. And those three beeps are apparently the exact same pitch as this terrible Scorpions song, "Winds of Change", so every time I start up my brush within earshot of my boyfriend, he goes around singing or whistling that buttrock ballad for the next half hour. Laughing Interesting side effect of high-end skincare!

flitcraft
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:50 am      Reply with quote
Ginnielizz, let us know what you think of the PSF Green Tea Cleanser. I'm almost out of it and am deciding whether or not to re-order. Since they've tweaked the formula, I am hoping that it still works well withthe Clarisonic.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'll definitely keep you posted. I may also try going back to a gel-based foaming cleanser, just to see how it feels, so I'll update re: all my cleansing trends. Very Happy

System
Automatic Message
Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |