Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Best swirling / dispensing bowls for MMU
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:38 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't been able to find the perfect swirling and dispensing bowls for my loose MMU. Everything is either too deep, too wide, too narrow, etc.

What are you ladies using? I would love to find 2-3 (glass or ceramic) perfect bowls that are also attractive to leave sitting out on my vanity table. Any good suggestions?

TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
Hi fairlady! I'm really lazy so I just swirl right in the lid of my MMU container, actually. However, I've always thought that the petal bowls from Uglogirl were way cute, so they might be just what you are looking for:
http://uglogirl.com/Petalbowl.html

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:57 pm      Reply with quote
You could also try sushi soy sauce bowls or sake cups, there are tons of styles to choose from and can be found pretty cheap.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
I happen to love what I refer to as my "teabag parking spaces", so I can't resist collecting really little ceramic or porcelain bowls of all kinds, especially if they are in my favorite colors or are unique in some way. So it so happened when I got into MMU that I had two matching ones. I think I got them at World Cost Plus or whatever that store is called in the sushi section, probably they are for pickled ginger and wasabi, but I use one for the face powder and the other for the blusher. They are just the right size and look much better/prettier than the UGloGirl ones. I even stack them inside each other when I travel and take them along! they really work out well. Some fancier grocery stores also have things like that.
existential lady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, von stella, when I started writing my comment, yours wasn't there yet. In the meantime I skyped with my daughter and then went back to writing. So the repetition is unintentional...
athena123
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 3:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm lazy, I just swirl the powder around in the lid of my MMU - but for those that need a little more room to swirl, Everyday Minerals has started selling small sets of mixing, stackable mixing bowls. http://www.everydayminerals.com/g?t=brushes

Or I've seen similar melamine mixing bowls in pretty colors at kitchen specialty retailers as well.

HTH,

athena

44 – combo/oily skin with a tendency towards clogged pores. Thanks to EDS, tweaked my skincare routine and normalized skin… no more breakouts. PSF, silk powder, Janson Beckett, Cellbone, NIA24 are staples.
ginnielizz
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:01 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, you guys are fancy! I don't even use the lid to my MMU, I just mix stuff in the palm of my hand. Awkwardly and not all that well, I should add. Great, one more item on my "must-have" list! Laughing

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 12:16 am      Reply with quote
I got a custard bowl from the dollar store. There are tons of bowls you can get in Chinatown too. I dont like the lids as I dont want the hairs on the brush to get damaged in the threads.
londonfan
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 6:10 am      Reply with quote
I have got several bowls...one of them is the Lush tin for the shampoo bar Laughing
fairlady
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:19 am      Reply with quote
I knew I could count on you ladies for some good ideas.

Several interesting suggestions that I will definitely be looking into.

Thanks for your input everyone Smile

Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:59 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |