Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Review: Karin Herzog skincare
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Mike
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
BluesHeart,

I have been using Valmont products for many years. It is really suitable for me in the first 2-3 years of usage. However, with continue use of Valmont, it seems that Valmont doesn't work well on my skin as compared to that in the past. Then I decide to find a new skin care line to upgrade my skin texture. But I still can't find it & I am still using Valmont now.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:05 am      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
I really like the Vita-A-Apricot but it does have the glycolic in it so it can be very strong. I bought the apricot oil a couple of weeks ago to use under it and just tried it tonight. I feel that it is probably going to be better for my 49 year old skin. This product line is very potent and the spa that I buy some of the line from says that she sees more results from Karin Herzog than her professional lines. I am also interested in her chocolate line that might be next.

I've got the Vita Kombi oil and I like it as well. I'm trying to avoid the glycolics at the moment so I'll pass on trying it for now. Thanks for sharing your feedback. The one product I'm really wanting to purchase is the Silhouette. I've not found one bad review yet.Thanks Cookie.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 7:32 am      Reply with quote
BluesHeart wrote:

I believe Edenfield, that you quite possibly 'missed the boat' regarding what the article states. From my understanding, and lo, I may be wrong, is that the delivery system of Dr. Herzog's products are what made the unique difference, as it is not actually topical in the sense that you have quoted. I find this all very interesting and thank you so much for chiming in. In an era that has seen huge sums of monetary gain for the cosmetics industry in regards to skincare, I find the simplicity and long standing work of the Herzog line to be most fascinating. Look at all you've learned here on the board. Perhaps someday we will see your ground breaking work and Nobel honoree status, eh? Thanks again.

Well I hope you're not being condescending because that'd be rude and unnecessary.

That is why I said in "general", a la creme de la mer, and other companies using ingredients that have only shown to be effective in wound healing and selling them as wrinkle treatments.

In any case I couldn't find much info regarding Paul Herzog and his Honoris Causa appointment from the Nobel committee, except for ones promoting his skincare line. Laughing
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
http://www.karinherzog.ch/extra_info_pages.php?pages_id=2

I thought this might be of interest to some of you. Scroll down to the bottom and you will see choices of three videos. The first, contains footage of Herzog receiving his Honoris Causa from the Nobel people. The second, Cookie, this is for you, has an interview with Karin Herzog who must be well into her eighties. The video is in French. If anyone can offer additional information please pm me. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:30 pm      Reply with quote
Wow BluesHeart her skin is absolutely beautiful. That is a true testament to her product line. I live in California and I have talked to the USA Karin Herzog office staff and they have used the line for many years. I asked if they sway and try other product and they tell me they don't. One lady said that because of her skin, her family and friends have all switched over to the line. It is hard for me to stay consistent with one product line but I am going to try and do it with this one.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
cookie wrote:
Wow BluesHeart her skin is absolutely beautiful. That is a true testament to her product line. I live in California and I have talked to the USA Karin Herzog office staff and they have used the line for many years. I asked if they sway and try other product and they tell me they don't. One lady said that because of her skin, her family and friends have all switched over to the line. It is hard for me to stay consistent with one product line but I am going to try and do it with this one.

You're welcome cookie. I thought of you when I saw it. YES, her skin is gorgeous. If you've not tried it yet, try the Professional Cleansing cream, it comes in chocolate.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have use it for 1 year, and my skin is so bright, the oxygen is sink into the skin that is so magic
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Rainbowcheng,
I'm so glad to hear from someone who has used it longer than I. You're right, it does seem like magic. What products are you using?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
I just got a nice email from JoElla - asked her about using Osmosis and Karin Herzog. She was very positive about the professional cleanser - even for my oily skin. Helped give me some pointers on how to use each of the products I expressed interest in.
Her response was very quick - same day - and in depth.

I've promised myself as soon as I use up some of my products that are on their last week(s) of use I'm going for the whole shabang. don't have room in my bath for any more until then!!!
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
I just got a nice email from JoElla - asked her about using Osmosis and Karin Herzog. She was very positive about the professional cleanser - even for my oily skin. Helped give me some pointers on how to use each of the products I expressed interest in.
Her response was very quick - same day - and in depth.

I've promised myself as soon as I use up some of my products that are on their last week(s) of use I'm going for the whole shabang. don't have room in my bath for any more until then!!!

Interesting. Let me know how you do if you try the cleanser. My skin isn't oily and I've wondered how that work for you oily girls. I wonder if it would be akin to the OCM method that some people swear by.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oxygen for skin care really makes sense. When my daughter was several months old she had some sort of skin irritation by her ear that nothing could help. Eventually what helped was oxygen gel. It was amazing how quickly the skin was healed. The main healing factor was oxygen...
cookie
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:33 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets, could you tell us some of the pointers she gave you? I bought a couple of Karin Herzog products from her and her customer service was fabulous. She gets back to you right away, even on the weekend.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 02, 2008 9:49 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on JoElla's email list and received the email from her on Sunday and the way she was talking about the Karen Herzog line really made me want to try it. I'm so curious about the professional cleanser. It's great to hear other people's experience, maybe I will give it a try sometime. I just ordered the Osmosis Shelter and am waiting to try that.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:30 am      Reply with quote
The crux of the email from JoElla is this:

.......Thank you for the email. Karin Herzog and Osmosis are both wonderful. Completely different.
>
> I use to be very oily before using Karin Herzog. One of my favorite products is the Professional Cleansing Cream. Would not be without it.
>
>
> The Essential Mask is wonderful and the Vita A Kombi 2 will be fine. You need to start with the #1. >
> You can alternate with Osmosis. The Boost I would use alone at night. To me it is like a very light peel. You will lightly exfoliate. The you can use the Renew and Replenish together in the AM or PM and the Vita A Kombi at another time. The Mask you can sleep in several times per week and then as a moisturizer occasionally also. Very hydrating.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Sis, for sharing that.

I forgot to mention this when I did my initial review so I thought I'd toss this out for you since I know some people are having issues with this. Since my early to mid thirties I've had this orange peel type skin on the inner cheek next to my nose. Some products have helped but nothing has totally rid me of this pest including peels done in the Dr.'s office, until now. It's kind of odd because it seemed like one day it was there and the next gone. I hope this is permanent.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:16 am      Reply with quote
Thank you sister sweets. What I have noticed is that I have always suffered from heriditary spider veins on my face. I started back on the KH on Monday and they have definatly faded. I am going to try and use this consistently for a month. I only wish it was more hydrating.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Cookie, is the Apricot oil not helping with the hydration? And do you add a moisturizer on top of the vita k?

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:29 am      Reply with quote
what about adding the Sweet Cream for extra hydration?

Use if you find that your skin feels dry when you first begin using one of the Vita-A-Kombi creams.
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:33 am      Reply with quote
Wooo!! Havana, you're almost to the 1,000 posts point. Come on, you can do it. Surprised Tell me about the Sweet Cream, what a name, huh?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:40 am      Reply with quote
Thanks you guys. I use the Apricot oil at night with the Vita-A- cream. During the day I have been using a sample of the vita kombi 1 because I really don't know if I want to use the Vita apricot with gylcolic during the day. I should check into the Sweet cream. I remember when they use to have the whole line at Sephora. Now it is so hard to find, only bits and pieces where I live. I really like to sample it first.
mpstat
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:05 am      Reply with quote
The main ingredient in Karin Herzog line is Hydrogen Peroxide. Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2) has been known to help with various health conditions including cancer: http://www.cancertutor.com/Cancer/HydrogenPeroxide.html People take H2O2 baths, take it internally. When taken internally it helps to boost oxygen within the body. But for internal intake there is a very particular regimen that should be strictly followed. Some time ago I got a large bottle of high 35% food grade H2O2, it is still in my freezer. I am going to start this regimen at some point in the future.

All this said it might be possible to actually mix your own Karin Herzog like concoction with high 35% H2O2 grade.

Karin Herzog Vita-A-Kombi 2
Ingredients: Water, Pharmaceutical Mineral Oil, Glycerin, Stearyl Alcohol, Polysorbatum 20, Hydrogen Peroxide (1%, 2%, 3%), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Fragrance.
jom
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:10 pm      Reply with quote
Will those of you who are using the professional cleansing cream expound on it a little and say something about what you like/dislike about the product and how it compares to other cleansers? Thanks
BluesHeart
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
jom wrote:
Will those of you who are using the professional cleansing cream expound on it a little and say something about what you like/dislike about the product and how it compares to other cleansers? Thanks

Hi Jom,
I'll try but I do tend to stick with something once I find something I like so I'm not a cleanser junkie. Here's a list of what cleansers I've used. From now to back through the ages. LOL.

Alpha Hydrox Nourishing Cleanser: Nice, inexpensive.
OCM: Dry, itching peeling skin that hurt!
Osea: Broke out in red, itchy bumps.
BioMedic cleanser and toner: Did a good job but I felt after 7 years, my skin was thinning and I thought it may be causing the beginning of spider type veins.
Cosmedix: Too expensive, tiny bottles.
Clarins Cleansing Milk: Nice but wasn't helping with the changes in skin. Great while I was in my twenties.

If there was one product I was going to buy in the KH line, this wouldn't be it as it doesn't contain the oxygen. It looks very much like vaseline when you squeeze the tube. There is a faint smell of natural oils. Pleasant. I squeeze out a pearl size amount onto my middle finger *instructions per JMilan* run that finger quickly under warm water and then distribute it onto my other finger tips. It emulsifies with the water and I massage it onto my face, including eyelids and lashes. I let it sit for a minutes and then I massage it in, paying attention to my nose. I then remove the cleanser using those small circular white cotton pads you get at the drug store, that I've dampened in warm water. I use one side first, removing in circular movements and when I feel I've gotten the most of the grime off, I go to the other side, laying it on each eye for a few seconds to get the mascara. I then throughly wipe with a new cotton pad, using both sides of the pad again. I then soak that last pad in cold water and apply to my face. The first week or two I tried to use my microfiber cloth to remove the cleanser and felt that I only gunked up my cloth and didn't get my face really clean. Surprisingly, I never noticed the grime on my microfiber like I see it on the cotton pads. I only use this cleanser at night. AM's I use my microfiber and water. I have no tightness after washing my face, it seems plumped up and rosy and most of all I like that I'm not over exfoliating. I feel like I'm getting a good, deep clean but doing so without damaging the skin barrier. I hope this helps, Jom. I wish I could tell you more.

ETA: I'm prone to milia, especially around the eyes and I was nervous about using this on the eye area but so far, no problems. A 32 year old client of mine is using it as well, she said of it, "It sucks the blackheads right out." LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:13 pm      Reply with quote
Blues: Interesting eval of the professional cleansing cream - thanks. I didn't know how it was supposed to be used.

I"m looking forward to trying it.

Cookie - what is you regimine with the KH products?

Sis
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:25 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried the cleansing milk instead of the cleansing cream?
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:07 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |