Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Serum 16 (30 ml / 1 floz) Skeyndor Global Lift, Lift Contour Elixir Face & Neck (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Peptide Day Therapy (50 ml)
Infra Red Saunas
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
MaryClaire
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:36 am      Reply with quote
Thanks ladies...I'm still researching and have more questions...like when you lay down, where are the bulbs? And how far away from the body are they supposed to be?

I have been reading drwilson.com and they show how you can take a closet, shower or small bathroom and turn it into a near infrared sauna for as little as $75.00.

Build a small rectangular box with 3 or 4 flush mounted bulbs and connect with an electrical cord is about all it takes. My husband has done enough electrical work that this should be easy for him. He's also going to put some kind of wire covering to protect the skin from any burns. We'll need a thermometer and a timer. I'm also taking our body temperature so that we don't overheat.

We have a small quest shower (3'x4') that I think would work well. The shower door leaves too much space for ventilation but I can always hang a heavy curtain using a tension rod.

I like the idea of having my head stick out and love the idea of laying down but Dr. Wilson wants you to expose all of your body to the bulbs (except testicles). He also says near infrared is better than far infrared due to electromagnetic waves and such. He says the NIR has a little of the FIR and middle infrared and says it's especially healing for the body.

This will be an easy way of trying it out to see if we want to invest more money in one.

I can't wait to see what kind of healing effects we'll have. Thanks again.
AnnieR
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:06 am      Reply with quote
I bought ours off of Amazon after reading all of the reviews. There were tons to choose from!
http://www.amazon.com/Infrared-Portable-Foldable-Sauna-Detox/dp/B002POAYDW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1294848223&sr=8-1
I had a redwood one many years ago, but it was more time consuming and took way too long to heat up. I like this because it is just so easy to use and my head is free. I use it every other day and love it, so does my hubby.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:43 pm      Reply with quote
My dh and I bought a 2 person infra red sauna about 2 years ago. I absolutely love it. It is great for detoxing. I haven't seen any difference in cellulite and I don't think for a minute that it burns 600 calories in 30 minutes. I have noticed much smoother skin on my whole body. Skin exfoliates easily after sitting in the sauna. I don't get sick as often, and when I do, I get better quickly. When I have allergy problems, 30 minutes in the sauna clears me up completely for a couple of hours. If I apply conditioner to my hair and wrap it in a towel, it penetrates my hair and makes it silky after I rinse it out. It is truly a luxurious experience. It is relaxing, yet invigorating. It's hard to explain. One interesting thing my dh and I have noticed is that it produces a clean sweat. It feels and smells more like water than BO. It's not the gross, sticky, stinky, salty sweat. It really is more like water. OK, that's all I can think of right now. Oh and it's great for reducing water retention.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
The one I have is similar to the link there are no bulbs it has a heating device and I place my feet on a pad which has heat. And the other where I lie in has heat on top and bottom like a huge heating pad but nicer; it has a control box where I can set different levels. I sweat more when using it, I guess since it's closer to the skin. I agree in that they are great for releasing toxins and muscle aches; when I sense a cold coming on, it helps to break up the mucus. But as far as burning up a huge amount of calories, in this type Laughing I do think using sauna's on a regular basis certainly have a positive effect for me and my skin like it. It is very relaxing and I'm leery of using public saunas~they have them at the gym but with all the different flesh eating bacteria an stuff, I pass on using them.
sigma
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Just a small note - if the main point of the FIR sauna is health related care should be taken regarding the materials that it is made from, glue, etc. to avoid out-gassing and exposure to alternate toxins.

The way Dr. Marshall (who highly recommends it btw) suggests to use it is - wrapped up in a towel (so all that is detoxed from the body will not be reabsorbed), with a door slightly ajar and only one person at a time (to avoid one breathing what the other detoxes); he also recommends only the one made from a particular wood, without any chemicals/glues, etc. ( I believe he recommends only one manufacturer).

HTH

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:45 am      Reply with quote
I use mine right after working out and drinking a huge glass of water, and before I shower. It really helps my sore muscles and gives an added loss of the water retention. Plus, I have been sleeping like a baby!

Sun May 26, 2024 10:39 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Omega 3+ and Amalaki Night Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Tighten & Lift Peptight™ 360˚ Tightening Eye Serum (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |