Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Annoying Red Cheeks
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
James1986

Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everything, I am new so please bare with me.

Basically I need some advice. I have always had red skin around my cheeks. The rest of my face appears normal with creates a very noticable and embarrising contrast which I am very self consious of Crying or Very sad . It gets really bad when I get hot or exercise, but very little things have the same effect. Often (most of the time really) my cheeks appear almost blood red all over. I wake up in the morning and it is like this. It isn't a new thing. I am 17 now, but I have pictures of me at 10-11 and its the same. It's just now I feel much worse about it.

I have ginger hair Laughing which obviously means I will have a tendancy towards having red skin, but I was wondering if there is any treatments, creams, pills etc that I can use to make it bareable. There must be something that can help me becuase I see many people who have ginger hair and are still fortunate enough to have a nice complection as well.

It any one can help me, I would be extremely grateful.
skinprofusion
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
prescriptives has a redness relief gel that does work. i put it on one side of the face and did see the difference.. Clinique also has a redness relief cream Called Clinique CX redness relief cream. very hard to get.. i want to try that next. good luck. Very Happy
Mabsy

Sun Sep 19, 2004 1:05 am      Reply with quote
Murad has a (new?) product which is a redness counteracting powder that comes in a brush that automatically dispenses it. I haven't tried it but I just saw it the other day and I remembered about it when I read your post.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll get plenty of suggestions.
James1986

Sun Sep 19, 2004 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
Smile Hi again, thanks for your responses. Smile

I will look into the products you suggest and hopefully I will have some luck. After reading around on the net I think I now what my problem is. When I push a finger against my skin it turns white, but almost instantly returns to its normal red state. Any other area of skin does the same, but it is much slower. Its as if there is too much blood around my cheeks. Loads of places you read of skin being irritated by spicy food etc etc, but for me its normal.

Does anyone know where to get Prescriptives redness relief gel, Clinique CX redness relief cream in the UK as I can't seem to have found anywhere.
James1986

Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again,
Forgot to ask, does anyone have any experience of Gatineau anti redness products, only I have read they are quiet good. Saying that I think it was Gatineau talking themselves up a bit.

Cheers, Smile
mtview
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2004 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Have you ever seen a derm regarding your redness problem? Could it be rosacea? Just a thought...
James1986

Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi mtview,
I don't think I have rosacea. I haven't gone to see a derm, but I am thinking about it. From the pictures I have seem on the net of people with rosacea it looks different. I skin feels soft and fine, and I don't have any irratiation, its just really red, like I have a lot of capillaries around there. Where that could still be rosacea I don't know. I think i'll go and find out.
Thanks for your input anyway, Cheers.
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
I tend to agree from your description that's it's probably not Rosacea. If you'd had Rosacea since you were 10, you would definitely be seeing some irritated areas by now. Smile

This is just my opinion, but I would try a good Esthetician before I'd go to a Derm. Derms usually look at things from a medicinal point of view and when it's a serious skin situation, they're very important. However, you situation sounds like one that a good esthetician might handle quite well and estheticians tend to use products that are more calming and soothing to the skins, whereas many medications can be just the opposite.

Again, this is just my opinion. Smile

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2004 3:46 pm      Reply with quote
James1986 wrote:

Does anyone know where to get Prescriptives redness relief gel, Clinique CX redness relief cream in the UK as I can't seem to have found anywhere.

Clinique is generally sold in department stores and larger branches of Boots not sure about this particular product though. You could try asking at a Clinique counter at a department store or check out their website http://www.clinique.co.uk

As for Prescriptives, I think QVC sell some of their products and House of Fraser carry the line. Yet again, not sure if this particular product is stocked by them.
Mabsy

Tue Sep 21, 2004 3:36 am      Reply with quote
Actually, I just realised that YonKa makes a product that sounds like it could help; YonKa Phyto 54. Here's the description of it from EDS:

"For nighttime use. The prefect antidote to reduce diffused redness due to fragile capillaries and a disturbed circulation. This synergistic formula rich in hazelnut and decongestive essential oils tones down instantly the reddening while strengthening the tissues to prevent further breakage. Helps to tone down visible redness and promote skin colour uniformity, imparts freshness to warm and/or flushed complexions and maintains an even tone."

I haven't used it myself though and could not find any reviews of it. Has anyone here used this?
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2004 7:44 am      Reply with quote
I tried sothy's clearness serum earlier this year and it helped my redness.

I have very fair skin and boy, if it gets hot or even if I am exercising and my body heats up from within my face looks like a lobster. It is horrible and embarassing.

I found the clearness serum did help. You use it twice a day, every day for 1-2 months and then just one week a month.

The texture was just like water, so there was no stickiness or oiliness.

I actually stopped using it for about 2 months and only now am I starting to notice the redness coming back, so I think that has prompted me to follow the routine properly!

Cheers!
James1986

Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everyone, thanks for the replies.

Tiger_tim, you have got me particularly interested. Your description sounds the same as what I am experiencing. This sothys clearness serum sounds great. I live in the UK, do you know if it is available over here or whether I can get it sent. If it has the effect you describe it sounds like its worth while being the first thing I try. I have found and brought some Clinque relief cream which I have found to be stocked locally today, but I think I will try that second.

Could you please give me some help tracking it down. Cheers. Smile Smile
James1986

Tue Sep 21, 2004 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again, Smile

Tiger_tim can I ask whether the softys stuff you used came in a 200ml or 30ml container. I have found both but the 30ml is more expensive so it must be different.
I just want to try and identify the correct stuff. Was it specifically marketed for Fragile Capillaries? and was it a milk or a lotion.

These are the products I have found from http://www.hair-ways.co.uk/index.htm under the products section.
Beauty Milks - 148.17 200ml Clearness - Fragile Capillaries £12.55
Lotions - 148.27 200ml Clearness - Fragile Capillaries £12.55
Fragile Capillaries - 155.53 30ml Clearness Serum £27.00

Do any of these sound like the stuff you use. Smile Can you let me know, Cheers.
Mabsy

Fri Sep 24, 2004 5:05 am      Reply with quote
James, I think this is what you might be after http://www.essentialdayspa.com/Sothys_Sensitive_Skin_Line.htm (scroll right down to the bottom of the page).
James1986

Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:43 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone,
Yes Mabsy, thanks, that is what I am looking for. I could get it from essentialdayspa.com, but was wondering, does anyone know a UK distribute or a shop that I can purchase it from in the Bristol Area of the UK. It seems a little pointless to have it sent from Canada (?believe this is where they are based?) if I can get from within the UK.
Cheers for your help. Smile Smile
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:11 am      Reply with quote
James, I think that Bristol has a SpaceNK shop, either there or in Bath. They may stock Sotheys. I would advise that you check prices first though, cause EDS is often waaaaaaay cheaper than the uk and, even better, you can ask for samples of the other recommendations to try. EDS are very, very generous with samples and if they have one of something you want to try, let them know at time of ordering and it shall be yours! Very Happy

Just to confuse you though, look at the blemish control stuff on this site

http://www.purpleemu.com/

you may fin it interesting
Liz Cool

5% products discount

Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:56 am      Reply with quote
tiger_tim: "I found the clearness serum did help. You use it twice a day, every day for 1-2 months and then just one week a month."

Does anyone know why the serum is to be used for only 1-2 months, especially if redness and sensitivity is an ongoing skin bummer?
Mabsy

Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:06 am      Reply with quote
James,

If you would like to get it locally then perhaps you can just give the UK Sothys distributor a call:

EUROCOSMETICS LTD
Hillhurst House, Hillhurst Farm
SALTWOOD, HYTHE
KENT CT21 4HU

Tel. : + 44 1 303 262 666 • Fax : + 44 1 303 267 503
Email : sothys@eurocosmetics.co.uk

They should be able to tell you the closest stockists in your area.

Mabsy
guapagirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:01 am      Reply with quote
Mabsy, don't you have anything better to do? I'm sure james appreciates your help an all, but he could have found that out himself even if he is a mere man Laughing I have a suspicion that you are trying to avoid doing 'real' work! Very Happy

Thu Sep 30, 2004 4:33 am      Reply with quote
Yes, I am experiencing a rather high level of procrastination at the moment. I was hoping nobody would pick up on that Laughing Embarassed
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 11:37 am      Reply with quote
guess I forgot to check the "notify of reply" box"!

Sorry for leavin ya in the lurch James!

Yes, I got mine here at Essential Day Spa and it is 30ml. After 2 months I had nearly half a bottle left. I found that two quick pumps was enough for my entire face. What I liked best was there was no oiliness or residue.

From memory the ingredients list was mostly some kind of salt ?! I presume the effect from the "salt" builds up giving you a protection barrier that just needs topping up. I was a bit baffled by it, I admit. But at the same time was grateful because it made the product very cost-effective.
James1986

Thu Oct 07, 2004 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi tiger_tim,

nice to hear from you. I have taken your advice and have ordered some of what I think you have. It is 30ml so I think I am right.

It should come in the next few days (waiting for cheque to clear). I'm not sure wherebouts you are, but I got mine from hair-ways.co.uk.

It was 29 pounds including P+P which I thought was quiet good. I was going to order from Essential day spa, but they don't except my card Rolling Eyes

I don't know how long it takes to have an effect, but I'll post progress, to let you know how I get on.

Razz Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction Razz TOP MAN Razz
tiger_tim
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 07, 2004 6:10 pm      Reply with quote
ahem... misleading name... I'm a chicky babe! Laughing Tiger Tim is what my dad used to call me when I was a kid ...

I hope it works for you too. I am in Japan btw.

Cheers!
James1986

Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hi again,
Firstly, sorry for the time its taken to reply. I have had broadband installed and it messed the computer around. Mad Mad
Secondly, Sorry tiger_tim, how stupid do I feel!! Surprised I was wondering how long it took for you to notice the effects of the serum. I have been using it for about two weeks now and can't say I have seem a vast improvement. All I can say is that in the morning when I wake up it seems better, then for the rest of the day it the same as before. It might just be to subtle that I don't notice.
How did you find the progress? Cheers.
solarisphere

Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
Hello.
I have the same problem with my cheeks. I have tried everything and nothing has worked...Until now!

I grind almonds* and blend it up with a tsp or 2 of virgin olive oil* and squeeze a gel capsule of Rose Hip Oil and add an egg. Add enough Green Tea to make a facial mask consistency and put that on my face for 15 minutes or until dry 2 or 3 times a week.

I came up with this myself....and it works!! I'm noticing results after only a little over a week.

I also visited a lady to have my eyebrows threaded and she commented on my redness and suggested I try "Zincofax" (the cream used on babies bums to protect against diaper rash) as a base under my make up and applied to a clean dry face before bed. She said "Do it, you will love me!" and it has also helped a great deal! It acts as a barrier from airborn bacterias, wind, etc. Keeps the good stuff in and the bad stuff out!

*Olive oil is great for the skin because it contains monounsaturated fat (omega 9) and poly phenols, a powerful antioxidant that can help heal skin diseases, and make your skin tighter and firmer. Olive oil is used in conjunction with other natural ingredients (such as Vitamin E) to maximize its effectiveness. It hydrates the skin and reduces inflammation.

*Almonds are rich in vitamin E, which is an important antioxidant for your skin.
Vitamin E is well known for promoting skin healing and for helping to hydrate the skin. Has anti-oxidant properties and also functions to protect cell membranes.

I'm happy to share this because it's an all natural solution, as I prefer, and it HAS helped me :) Good luck.
System
Automatic Message
Tue May 07, 2024 6:32 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength Daily Peel - Box of 30 (30 packettes of Step 1 & 2) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) HydroPeptide Anti-Wrinkle Power Luxe (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |