Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

:: Review :: Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang Oil
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hugaio
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
horris wrote:
Is the Ylang Ylang oil just for oily skin? The blackhead-cleansing result sounds amazing. however i have normal to dry skin. Wondering whether i can use it anyway.

it's better for oily skin
chorally
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 20, 2007 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I like using it as a massage oil for my face. It's good!
Mom2Busy2Boys
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:13 am      Reply with quote
Does it have to be Decleor or any ylang ylang oil will do the same trick? Smile
autumnApple
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:23 pm      Reply with quote
I have oily/combination skin. I heard so much rave about ylang ylang oil that I asked for a sample to try. Unfortunately it didn't work out for me. It actually makes my t-zone more oily than it already is. I think the reason is it dried out my t-zone too much so my skin tried to produce more oil. Sad Too bad this product doesn't work for me.
jiaj
5% products discount

Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
I have used it once, I think it's good for me, and my skin type is combanation.
poolean
5% products discount

Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
Looks like Decleor ylang ylang oil is more popular than Aromessence Visage Angelique, my T-zone is very oily, the rest of face is dry, don't know should I use 2 different oil at the same time? Any advice? Thank you!
jadette
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 24, 2007 4:11 am      Reply with quote
it's a decent moisturizer but after two bottles didn't do anything for reducing the oil slick on my face. However, I've resolved to the fact that nothing ever will and just use the proper finishing powder and carry my trusty blotting sheets.
shopper
5% products discount

Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:47 pm      Reply with quote
I have combination skin and absolutely LOVE this oil. My skin looks incredible and I am complimented all the time on how beautiful my skin is. I give this oil 2 thumbs up for combo skin! Very Happy
ade
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
chorally wrote:

so do I!
I prefer Darphin than Declore, but Darphin is much more expensive than Declore.
I like to add a drip of lavender essential oil in ylang-ylang oil when I use Smile
happylydia
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:30 am      Reply with quote
just curious:
does the ylang-ylang oil give u pimples at all?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I think ylang ylang helped control my pimples as it helped reduced my oil production. 3 drops is all I need and it works wonders!
pinkberry
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 31, 2008 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
How does this oil work on acne?
Question
NataliaT
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:44 pm      Reply with quote
From my experience with it, i would describe it as "nice but nothing special". I used it with a couple of different balms (angelic i think, and smth else).. It didn't clog my pores or cause any particular problems, but did not result in any "magic" Very Happy either.. I guess it's nice for a face massage, or just to use it as a preventive product in early-to-mid 20s when you don't have any particular issues with your skin..
Skincare
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:00 am      Reply with quote
pinkberry wrote:
How does this oil work on acne?
Question

I wonder the same thing, and how does Ylang Ylang compare to Dessert Essense Jojoba oil?
hx32
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:59 am      Reply with quote
hands down, I love Decleor Ylang-ylang oil Very Happy
lori604

Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:18 pm      Reply with quote
I like this stuff, it makes my skin soft and plump in the morning. Sometimes I use it during the day too. It gets absorbed and it doesn't make me oily or cause me to break out. I haven't really noticed it help clear up my skin or make it less oily though. I have the Iris oil too. Only difference I've found between the two is that the Iris is much moisturizing and richer.
pandaa
5% products discount

Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:28 am      Reply with quote
gosh, I received a sample of this more than a year ago, and I never ever thought of using it as I have very oily skin! now that I know it is meant for oily skin, I am going to dig it out (hopefully it hasn't gone bad?) , and will post review once I have tried!
sofiya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I want to try it, I am oil skin with acne, is it help?
dagnolia
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:15 am      Reply with quote
after hearing all the raves, i picked up the ylang ylang oil @ sephora... unfortunately, i have to say i'm not a fan. it smells absolutely lovely, but otherwise, i feel it's somewhat overrated.

i have tried and loved caudalie's "purifying concentrate" which is a very light balancing-type oil. IMHO, the caudalie product is superior to the decleor oil, because:
1. the packaging of the ylang ylang oil makes it difficult to control how much comes out, and quite a bit is wasted on your hands/fingers. (caudalie's comes in a dropper bottle, which is extremely convenient).
2.the decleor is a little heavier-feeling (doesn't sink in as well) and somehow harder to spread around than the caudalie product.
3.in addition, the decleor oil dried my skin out despite the fact that i was applying more of it to cover my face.

i wound up returning the decleor oil & getting a new bottle of the purifying concentrate (which, incidentally, was about $20 cheaper).
bellydonna
5% products discount

Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:36 am      Reply with quote
After coveting this product for weeks, I bit the bullet and bought it yesterday. I woke up to find a couple pimples in places that I never get them! Please tell me it is possible to put too much on or that it may take some time to see results!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
This product is very moisturizing. For me, it is. I like it.
irunchik
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:28 pm      Reply with quote
Should I use it only on oily areas?
Camille00
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:06 am      Reply with quote
Is the Ylang-ylang oil good for acne ?
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 07, 2009 8:42 am      Reply with quote
ade wrote:
chorally wrote:

so do I!
I prefer Darphin than Declore, but Darphin is much more expensive than Declore.
I like to add a drip of lavender essential oil in ylang-ylang oil when I use Smile

Hihi, do you really prefer the Ylangylang Decleor to the Naouili Darphin?

I have tried both but i think the ylang smells much better u know!
daftpunkcyclist
5% products discount

Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:32 pm      Reply with quote
I bought the Decleor ylang night baum and it helped heal some existing cysts on my face but otherwise it gave me some black heads and white heads and didnt reduce the redness of my skin.

I am thinking maybe Nerloi would be a better choice...my skin isnt oily so to speak but the t zone is oilier than the rest of my face.

Also how long do these products last? Its a shame i bought that night baum for like 60 bucks
System
Automatic Message
Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |